School Holidays, help!

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
crazygal

School Holidays, help!

Post by crazygal »

Anyone going away during the school holidays and if so where? If not do you have any ideas for day trips or things to do closer to home for those of us who are skint all of the time? lol It may be a couple of months away but I'm worrying about all of those MANY weeks trying to entertain a very hyper little fella who needs to be kept busy.
sharedfastlane

School Holidays, help!

Post by sharedfastlane »

I used to like coming over from East London to the West Ruislip Lido. The lake, little beach, steam train etc. So conversely for you here's a few London parks that are nice for a picnicy day out.: Victoria Park, in Tower Hamlets has a paddling pool with fountain and different levelled ground and a nice swing park a little way away. Then Greenwich Park has a huge hill to roll down or see a good view of London and the river Thames with a good swing park and sand pit. At Bank you could take the Docklands Light Railway to Greenwich Cutty Sark for the park.

Have a good one. :)
crazygal

School Holidays, help!

Post by crazygal »

sharedfastlane;609538 wrote: I used to like coming over from East London to the West Ruislip Lido. The lake, little beach, steam train etc. So conversely for you here's a few London parks that are nice for a picnicy day out.: Victoria Park, in Tower Hamlets has a paddling pool with fountain and different levelled ground and a nice swing park a little way away. Then Greenwich Park has a huge hill to roll down or see a good view of London and the river Thames with a good swing park and sand pit. At Bank you could take the Docklands Light Railway to Greenwich Cutty Sark for the park.

Have a good one. :)

Thanks, I loved the Lido too but you can no longer go into the water. :( I can't really go anywhere into London now I have the baby too and don't drive. Hyde Park is nice but really need things to do more locally that won't cost. Tower Hamletts sounds like it's worth dragging someone else along though to help with the pram on the underground. :D
sharedfastlane

School Holidays, help!

Post by sharedfastlane »

Yeah I used to go to the Lido when I was 16 as you could pick up a Greenine Coach along our High Street when I lived in Balham and it almost felt like going to the countryside. Later I checked it out to see if I could take my own children and even though it was changed, no big green turnstiles, it was lovely for them, what with the ball pond in that homely pub. I went on my own only 2 years ago for a walk.

Some schools have playschemes regardless of whether your child attends that school and provided the child attends well , they then have a weekly trip to the seaside or funfair,vastly subsidised. I think parents can go.

I KNOW the hols seem like a looong stretch. the teachers are jubilant; your turn will come when you hand your child back in September! But at least you'll get fresh air and sunshine to lift your spirits. Local authority swimming pools often have reduced fee days during the hols even at the larger ones with wave machines snake slides and the like.

:-6 :cool:

Return to “Holidays”