Xerox Christmas Letters

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
RedGlitter

Xerox Christmas Letters

Post by RedGlitter »

Do you send these out?

These are the letters typed out and copied off and stuck in everybody's Christmas card. Are they fun or are they tacky?

Myself, I don't care for them because they always come from people who aren't very much a part of my life anyway and reading how "...Justin starts 4th grade next year" just reminds me I didn't get to see Justin when he was in the last three grades. :thinking: My cousin sends me these Xerox letters and brags about her kids and about what she's doing in the Church and how she's pregnant again, yadayada. Things I'd rather hear about as they happen and not in one clump after the fact.

What do you think?
Sheryl

Xerox Christmas Letters

Post by Sheryl »

We get them from hubby's college friends. It's nice to hear how things are going in folks lives. It doesn't bother me, but then again, I'm horrible about getting Christmas cards in the mail. :o
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
AussiePam

Xerox Christmas Letters

Post by AussiePam »

Mixed feelings. I used to hate them, and they were once considered "very bad form". Like if you haven't got time to write personally to friends at Christmas, it's better to send just the card. But life IS busy, and, for me, Christmas is a good time to catch up with the stuff that's been making everyone else's lives busy too. Mostly now I'm glad to get the yearly notes, and the photos. I keep all these, as a sort of record, an aide memoire for when our paths really do cross, over a coffee or whatever. I'm glad to know they are preggers, that their dog survived fleas, that little Fred got his scout's badge for his worm farm, that aunty got the Nobel Prize for chrysanthemum growing. It's life. Of course, there are printouts and there are printouts. I get one every year that goes for over a dozen pages.... yeah, I could do without that, but many are informative, fun and witty. Somebody cares enough not just to send me a card, but to send me a slice of their own little soap opera. Bring them on!!!

"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Return to “Holidays”