Year of the Rat

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
AussiePam

Year of the Rat

Post by AussiePam »

Kung Hey Fat Choi !!!!

"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

chonsigirl

Year of the Rat

Post by chonsigirl »

:) Happy New Year!
Nomad

Year of the Rat

Post by Nomad »

Those Chinese sure are a kooky bunch of foreigners.
I AM AWESOME MAN
sunny104

Year of the Rat

Post by sunny104 »

I'm a rat! :-6
Uncle Kram

Year of the Rat

Post by Uncle Kram »

I think I was born in the year of the rat :-3 :thinking:

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
sunny104

Year of the Rat

Post by sunny104 »

here: http://chinese.astrology.com/

everyone can see their chinese horoscope! :-6
theia

Year of the Rat

Post by theia »

sunny104;772651 wrote: I'm a rat! :-6

me too, Sunny
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
sunny104

Year of the Rat

Post by sunny104 »

theia;772675 wrote: me too, Sunny

cool! 3 rats so far! :D :-6
Betty Boop

Year of the Rat

Post by Betty Boop »

I'm a Dog :

In the West, the Dog is man's best friend, but in Chinese Astrology this Sign is a little more unpredictable than that. Dogs are loyal, faithful and honest and always stick to their firm codes of ethics. However, this Sign has trouble trusting others. It's generally quite trustworthy itself -- except for the occasional little white lies the Dog tells in order to make things go more smoothly. The Dog makes a wonderful, discreet and loyal friend (despite any white lies) and is an excellent listener. This Sign tends to root for the underdog and its keen sense of right and wrong makes it duty-bound to the core. The Dog's mantra seems to be, Live right, look out for the little people and fight injustice whenever possible.

Dogs can also be rather dogmatic, too. They don't go in for light social banter; instead, they go straight for home, expostulating on the topics that are most important to them. At these times the Dog's narrow-minded or stubborn side can become apparent; this Sign has trouble staying light and calm when an important issue is at stake. This Sign can also be very temperamental; mood swings characterize its emotional life and often the Dog needs to run off to be alone in order to recuperate. Part of the problem is the result of this Sign's load of irrational fears that turn into niggling anxieties that turn into hurt feelings and occasional grouchiness. This sensitive Sign needs to warm up to others over time and gradually learn to trust them. Without that trust as a foundation, Dogs can be judgmental and coarse.

The Dog's discerning nature does make it an excellent business person, one who can turn that picky, guarded nature into a keen sense of the truth of another's motives. Where love is concerned, Dogs often have a tough time finding the right match. They can be so anxious and overwrought in the romance dance that they'll stress their partner to the max! In any forum, this Sign is happiest when able to be quite physically active; at home or at work, the Dog will always be constructing something new or cleaning something up in order to make things better. Dogs need to work on controlling their irrational worries and would also be well-served to relax their mile-high standards, which can sometimes wind up alienating the ones they love.
Sheryl

Year of the Rat

Post by Sheryl »

I'm a Horse

Thank goodness for open spaces, because the Horse needs plenty of room to roam! Energetic, good with money and very fond of travel, Horses are the nomads of the Chinese Zodiac, roaming from one place or project to the next. All of this Sign's incessant activity and searching may be to satisfy a deep-rooted desire to fit in. Paradoxically, Horses feel a simultaneous yearning for independence and freedom.

Horses crave love and intimacy, which is a double-edged sword since it often leads them to feel trapped. Love connections tend to come easily to Horses, since they exude the kind of raw sex appeal that is a magnet to others. This Sign tends to come on very strong in the beginning of the relationship, having an almost innate sense of romance and seduction. Horses are seducers in general; check out any A-list party and you're bound to find the Horse in attendance. This Sign possesses a sharp wit and a scintillating presence; it really knows how to work a crowd. Surprisingly, Horses tend to feel a bit inferior to their peers, a misconception that causes them to drift from group to group out of an irrational fear of being exposed as a fraud.

An impatient streak can lead Horses to be less than sensitive to others' needs. These colts would rather take a situation firmly in hand as opposed to waiting for others to weigh in or come to terms with it. The lone wolf inside the Horse can at times push others away, but this also makes this Sign stronger and is a key to its success. Horses are self-reliant and, though they might lose interest fast in a tedious, nine-to-five day job, are willing to do the work necessary to get ahead.

Horses tend not to look much at the big picture; instead they just follow their whims, which can result in a trail of prematurely ended relationships, jobs, projects and so on. This Sign really knows how to motivate others, though, and get a lot accomplished. Once they find some peace within themselves, they can curb their wandering tendencies and learn to appreciate what's in their own backyard.

:thinking:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
YZGI

Year of the Rat

Post by YZGI »

I'm a pig.. Go figure..:wah:
usernew

Year of the Rat

Post by usernew »

Year of the rat.

So happy new year rats. Its your year so enjoyed.
farmer giles

Year of the Rat

Post by farmer giles »

i'm sure this will come as no suprise to all of you but i am a rat :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
AussiePam

Year of the Rat

Post by AussiePam »

Here's some great rat recipes!! Bon appetit !!

Rat Beef Exotic Meats » Rat Beef Recipes

Note that the second recipe - Sweet and Sour Rat - requires a few restaurant quality rodents.

ZAP

Year of the Rat

Post by ZAP »

AussiePam;1198752 wrote: Here's some great rat recipes!! Bon appetit !!

Rat Beef Exotic Meats » Rat Beef Recipes

Note that the second recipe - Sweet and Sour Rat - requires a few restaurant quality rodents.

Ewwwwww! Did I read that correctly? They say to soak in Listerine and then rinse thoroughly? Ewwwww!
AussiePam

Year of the Rat

Post by AussiePam »

I agree Zapata. I'm a bit doubtful about listerine marinade. In fact, come to think of it - I'll sip on the listerine and pass on the rat stew altogether.

jupiter

Year of the Rat

Post by jupiter »

Anyone have any good recipes for this years OX,I only know of oxtail soup,OX tounge terrine and my personal favourite, crumbed OX Balls!!!!No I tell a lie the thought eating OX balls makes even MY eyes water!!:lips:
qsducks

Year of the Rat

Post by qsducks »

I'm a rabbit
AussiePam

Year of the Rat

Post by AussiePam »

I am woman. Hear me ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Holidays”