Christmas lights in Toronto

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
Odie

Post by Odie »

We have a couple of homes here that are set-up to synncronized music.

The home owners do all of this on their own and they start in September each year to do all of their displays, as there are so many different light combinations everywhere.

This house has literally thousands of lights set up.

It is really amazing how they can capture all of this, if its to cold outside to go right up and look, the music from the light show is broadcasted through one of our Toronto radio stations..........so you can stay warm in your car and still listen to it.

Everyone donates money to help them out with the electricity bill and just to show our appreciation.

this video doesn't show it justice, you really need to be there.

YouTube - Myles Weiss Christmas Lights Synchronized to Music
Life is just to short for drama.
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Kerstdorp Wielenpôlle

This is a small area of Leeuwarden with only 450 residents yet every year the light displays that hang on the houses would be the envy of many major stores.

Each year all the money is donated to a different cause this year its M.S

Can I also say that this small community is made up of mostly very low income families yet they find it in their hearts to do this for other people year after year.
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

Sorry Odie that it took me soooo long to get to this. But My daughter was helping me all day. That was really cool. Do they live near you??
Odie

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1052112 wrote: Sorry Odie that it took me soooo long to get to this. But My daughter was helping me all day. That was really cool. Do they live near you??

that house is only a 10 minute drive from us, even if it was further, it's worth the drive.....as usual whoever did the video, never showed its true colours and all of the ways it reaches out into their wide front yard.

The synconized timing of the lights to the music is just spectular!

thanks!
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Id like to take this opportunity to ruin your thread please.

While I appreciate the kooky lights and the synchronization, Im wondering how we made the transition from Christ is Born to a rock concert.

It causes me some angst.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1052504 wrote: Id like to take this opportunity to ruin your thread please.

While I appreciate the kooky lights and the synchronization, Im wondering how we made the transition from Christ is Born to a rock concert.

It causes me some angst.

yes you did ruin my thread at that.:lips:

and about Christmas songs?:rolleyes:

- we didn't make any transitions, as it was not our idea to play that music.;)

-perhaps than you should go and tell them your thoughts.:driving:

everyone celebrates this holiday in many different ways.:D

Merry Ho Ho to you to!:rolleyes:
southern yankee

Odie;1062063 wrote: yes you did ruin my thread at that.:lips:

and about Christmas songs?:rolleyes:

- we didn't make any transitions, as it was not our idea to play that music.;)

-perhaps than you should go and tell them your thoughts.:driving:

everyone celebrates this holiday in many different ways.:D

Merry Ho Ho to you to!:rolleyes: there is always a fly in the ointment:p
Odie

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1062091 wrote: there is always a fly in the ointment:p

southern yankee

Nomad;1052504 wrote: Id like to take this opportunity to ruin your thread please.

It causes me some angst.
Please be nice. Odie is showing Beauty. This is not a thread to stand on your soap box about. Who is this hurting?? Next thing you will be attacking Hope's thread. Be nice PLEASE!!!:mad: I think you should apologies
Odie

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1062104 wrote: Please be nice. Odie is showing Beauty. This is not a thread to stand on your soap box about. Who is this hurting?? Next thing you will be attacking Hope's thread. Be nice PLEASE!!!:mad: I think you should apologies

-that's not gonna happen, he did say he wanted to intentionally ruin my thread.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Yeah, it's on TV a lot during Christmas time...you're so lucky to live so close!!
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1068386 wrote: Yeah, it's on TV a lot during Christmas time...you're so lucky to live so close!!

tanks, its awesome! and we all love the rock music, really gets everyone in a great festive mood!

everyone is just bee-bopping to it!

its just to cool, they start this in September, the amount of cords, extensions, it has its own circuit breaker, there are so many to hook up!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this one is in Florida, would love to see it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1068405 wrote: tanks, its awesome! and we all love the rock music, really gets everyone in a great festive mood!

everyone is just bee-bopping to it!

its just to cool, they start this in September, the amount of cords, extensions, it has its own circuit breaker, there are so many to hook up!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this one is in Florida, would love to see it!

YouTube - Christmas Dancing Waters

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't envy the first ones electric bill, the second the water bill, BUT I would love either of those houses!!! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1062492 wrote: -that's not gonna happen, he did say he wanted to intentionally ruin my thread.

Hello Odie:-6

Your " lights in Toronto" thread is lovely:guitarist I love your city, but unfortunately have only visited 2x.....

You know Nomad is kidding right:p That's his sense of humor

;)
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1068409 wrote: I don't envy the first ones electric bill, the second the water bill, BUT I would love either of those houses!!! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

all of the houses have a donation box, everyone puts money in to help them with the electricity bill, and just for saying thanks.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1068430 wrote: Hello Odie:-6

Your lights in Toronto thread is lovely:guitarist I love your city, but unfortunately have only visited 2x.....

You know Nomad is kidding right:p That's his sense of humor

;)

thanks hun, just remember when you visit a third time...........

- Nomad wasn't kidding.

- getting used to alot around here lately.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1068490 wrote: thanks hun, just remember when you visit a third time...........

- Nomad wasn't kidding.

- getting used to alot around here lately.

Oh Odie, He was kidding....really he was....:-6 Nomad is just a kidder and has a different kind of humor. He meant you no harm....I feel that in my heart:-4 Honestly;) He would not do anything to intentionally hurt you....please trust me on this:-6

And....when I'm in Toronto again.....I'll call on you :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1069028 wrote: Oh Odie, He was kidding....really he was....:-6 Nomad is just a kidder and has a different kind of humor. He meant you no harm....I feel that in my heart:-4 Honestly;) He would not do anything to intentionally hurt you....please trust me on this:-6

And....when I'm in Toronto again.....I'll call on you :-6

please let me know when your coming here, we will have a blast together!:-4
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1069031 wrote: please let me know when your coming here, we will have a blast together!:-4

Oh I will Odie..It's been awhile since I've visited Toronto...

I just love Canada and really need to spend more time visiting my neighbors....just can't seem to leave the warm summers of Florida. otherwise I would be travelling across your country:-4

...:guitaristI loved Ian and Sylvia....and anything Canadian...

btw...There are adverts here in the USA that say that we can't call the Canadian geese that land here.....Canadian...we must call them Canada Geese....No one in the USA seems to know why.....do you..:confused:

YouTube - The Canada Song
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1069077 wrote: Oh I will Odie..It's been awhile since I've visited Toronto...

I just love Canada and really need to spend more time visiting my neighbors....just can't seem to leave the warm summers of Florida. otherwise I would be travelling across your country:-4

...:guitaristI loved Ian and Sylvia....and anything Canadian...

btw...There are adverts here in the USA that say that we can't call the Canadian geese that land here.....Canadian...we must call them Canada Geese....No one in the USA seems to know why.....do you..:confused:

YouTube - The Canada Song

I don't blame you right now, stay there where it is warm!

I really love Shania Twain and she is also Canadian and many more, but also love many in the States.

I have only visited the New England States, that is as far as I ever got, but they were awesome, driving by the ocean, the scenery, little B&B's, people in small towns are so nice, nothing like here in a big city!

They are called Canada Geese, when Canadian Geese are said, it sounds like an insult, kind of like us saying yankees....no biggy with us, trust me! Perhaps also because all geese do not come from Canada.

It's still every year a magical thing to see them all coming back home, we see them the same way you do arriving there, in huge flocks, and on so many days, it seems it never stops!

Friends of ours bought a home just a little north of me, they later found out that the huge pond they had, every night flocks of them would come and stay at the pond for the night.....it's so cool to have them right in your backyard, watching them fly in ever so gentle onto the pond!

That was a sight to see, thousands on this pond and all yacking away.

but also sad again when the leave......we always look up when we hear them and say 'fly safe and come back next year', we miss you!
Odie

Post by Odie »

one from a house in Texas, soooooooooo pretty!

YouTube - Rockin Around the Christmas Tree

Return to “Holidays”