Just a Thought

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
Peg

Just a Thought

Post by Peg »

Christmas will be here before we know it. With the economy being the way it is, more people than ever are going to need help making it a merry Christmas for their children. Between now and December, why not, when you are out shopping and have an extra dollar or two, buy a small toy to donate in December? Or take that dollar or two and put it in a special jar to donate in December. If you're having a really good day, make it more! The thought of any child not having a merry Christmas breaks my heart every year.
hoppy

Just a Thought

Post by hoppy »

My town and others around here have toy and food drives around the holidays. I try to donate money to those. As far as my own family goes, I seldom give out gifts. I'm living on a pittance now and most of the family adults are still working steady. The little snots have and destroyed about every toy there is. So, i wish 'em all a happy whatever, eat, drink a beer or 6 and go home.:D
Sunshine

Just a Thought

Post by Sunshine »

hoppy;1196639 wrote: My town and others around here have toy and food drives around the holidays. I try to donate money to those. As far as my own family goes, I seldom give out gifts. I'm living on a pittance now and most of the family adults are still working steady. The little snots have and destroyed about every toy there is. So, i wish 'em all a happy whatever, eat, drink a beer or 6 and go home.:D

Hoppy, you have still given them a gift. You were there to share the day with them. You will be a part of their memories of Holidays past. :D
Odie

Just a Thought

Post by Odie »

Peg;1196629 wrote: Christmas will be here before we know it. With the economy being the way it is, more people than ever are going to need help making it a merry Christmas for their children. Between now and December, why not, when you are out shopping and have an extra dollar or two, buy a small toy to donate in December? Or take that dollar or two and put it in a special jar to donate in December. If you're having a really good day, make it more! The thought of any child not having a merry Christmas breaks my heart every year.

I tuck a dollar away a week for the kids.
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

Just a Thought

Post by qsducks »

Peg;1196629 wrote: Christmas will be here before we know it. With the economy being the way it is, more people than ever are going to need help making it a merry Christmas for their children. Between now and December, why not, when you are out shopping and have an extra dollar or two, buy a small toy to donate in December? Or take that dollar or two and put it in a special jar to donate in December. If you're having a really good day, make it more! The thought of any child not having a merry Christmas breaks my heart every year.

We have that at school...all my kids must take in a new toy or book for children who are underpriviledged. They also have a giving tree set up inthe church and you can take a name off the tree & donate your time or a small gift for the person you chose.
along-for-the-ride

Just a Thought

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Let's not forget the folks who are elderly.........and alone. ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
chonsigirl

Just a Thought

Post by chonsigirl »

That is such a kind thought, Peg.

I save my change every month, that's how I sponsor a little girl in Nepal. Little things can add up to alot, when we think of them enough.
Sunshine

Just a Thought

Post by Sunshine »

along-for-the-ride;1196873 wrote: Let's not forget the folks who are elderly.........and alone. ;)
When my Jean Luc..Sheltie...therapy dog...was still with me..I would take him to Nursing homes on holidays. He had Papers and everything and wouldn't hurt a fly. The folks in the homes actually cried remembering the dogs they used to have and thanked me for bringing him by.

He knew when someone was really sick and would just put his front paws on their beds and let them stroke his head. Oh what smiles he brought to many of those lost and lonely. I miss those days.Bailey is to hyper to do that sort of thing.
Peg

Just a Thought

Post by Peg »

along-for-the-ride;1196873 wrote: Let's not forget the folks who are elderly.........and alone. ;)

Great idea!

Return to “Holidays”