FG UK Summer Meet 2009

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
spot

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by spot »

ForumGarden takes great pleasure in announcing the fifth UK meet between noon on Thursday 13th and Sunday 16th August 2009 and this post marks a five week countdown. You'll need:
  • A sleeping bag and toothbrushTransport to and from the Cropredy Music FestivalThe afternoon onward of Thursday 13, all of Friday 14 and Saturday 15 August 2009 and Sunday morning to pack up and head homeward.If you bring a tent too then that helps but there's a few spare tents around, don't let that stop you.

The venue is easily reached by road (M40 J11) or train (Banbury and the laid-on festival bus).

ForumGarden as always promises good weather.

Last year's meet is documented at http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/holid ... 008-a.html for anyone wanting a hint of what to expect.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
farmer giles

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by farmer giles »

spot;1213721 wrote: ForumGarden takes great pleasure in announcing the fifth UK meet between noon on Thursday 13th and Sunday 16th August 2009 and this post marks a five week countdown. You'll need:
  • A sleeping bag and toothbrushTransport to and from the Cropredy Music FestivalThe afternoon onward of Thursday 13, all of Friday 14 and Saturday 15 August 2009 and Sunday morning to pack up and head homeward.If you bring a tent too then that helps but there's a few spare tents around, don't let that stop you.

The venue is easily reached by road (M40 J11) or train (Banbury and the laid-on festival bus).

ForumGarden as always promises good weather.

Last year's meet is documented at http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/holid ... 008-a.html for anyone wanting a hint of what to expect.

i'm in buddy :D:D
Betty Boop

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Betty Boop »

I couldn't make last years! Maybe this years hey, but will be accompanied by the munchkins as they are with me virtually full time now.

Spare tent would be handy, if there's any going it would save me buying one :D

Just a sleeping bag and toothbrush! No clean clothes :thinking::eek:
Betty Boop

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Betty Boop »

farmer giles;1213725 wrote: i'm in buddy :D:D

You're in what? Spot's tent :wah:

This I have to see :yh_rotfl
spot

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by spot »

Betty Boop;1213726 wrote: Just a sleeping bag and toothbrush! No clean clothes :thinking::eek:

Clean clothes are for girlie wimps. I went to Glastonbury without a tent once, but I had my toothbrush.

Yay Jimbo, now we're trucking.

I'm not altogether convinced I have a firm grasp of vernacular English - if that doesn't mean what I thought it meant then I apologize.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
farmer giles

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by farmer giles »

Betty Boop;1213728 wrote: You're in what? Spot's tent :wah:

This I have to see :yh_rotfl

thats too intense for me :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Imladris

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Imladris »

My apologies, I shan't be able to attend for the following reasons -

1 - hubby and I are opening the local Carnival being v. famous and important people :sneaky::yh_rotfl

2 - I'm too posh to sleep in a tent :D:rolleyes::rolleyes: (ask Jimbo)

actually no 1 is true (partly)
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
spot

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by spot »

You'll be missed Immy, but you have to post pics of the pair of you opening the fete. I seem to recall Hyacinth Bucket doing the same, I'm imagining your outfit now I've remembered that.
farmer giles

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by farmer giles »

spot;1213738 wrote: You'll be missed Immy, but you have to post pics of the pair of you opening the fete. I seem to recall Hyacinth Bucket doing the same, I'm imagining your outfit now I've remembered that.

immy sorry :thinking:

but :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Odie »

oh great, just great, its always in the UK!:sneaky:
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by spot »

Odie;1213991 wrote: oh great, just great, its always in the UK!:sneaky:
Would it not look rather odd if I put up a thread announcing a New World Meet? Here's a venue, first weekend of August, Chicago, give it a shot, your target's sixteen FG members and I reckon there's at least that many who'd love to make it happen.
farmer giles

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by farmer giles »

spot;1214021 wrote: Would it not look rather odd if I put up a thread announcing a New World Meet? Here's a venue, first weekend of August, Chicago, give it a shot, your target's sixteen FG members and I reckon there's at least that many who'd love to make it happen.

yaay spot is organizing a usa meetup, i'm in :):)
spot

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by spot »

farmer giles;1214033 wrote: yaay spot is organizing a usa meetup, i'm in :):)

I couldn't possibly manage two with just a couple of days between them! The Chicago one is Odie's! Besides, I doubt I'd be allowed through immigration control.
farmer giles

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by farmer giles »

spot;1214035 wrote: I couldn't possibly manage two with just a couple of days between them! The Chicago one is Odie's! Besides, I doubt I'd be allowed through immigration control.

then there is barman trying to get through quarantine to contend with :sneaky:
spot

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by spot »

farmer giles;1214036 wrote: then there is barman trying to get through quarantine to contend with :sneaky:

And do you remember Pinky flying in with her roll-up tobacco and Rizla papers? How she got through eventually I can't imagine.
Odie

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Odie »

spot;1214035 wrote: I couldn't possibly manage two with just a couple of days between them! The Chicago one is Odie's! Besides, I doubt I'd be allowed through immigration control.

oh to cool, I hope I can get there.:guitarist
farmer giles

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by farmer giles »

spot;1214039 wrote: And do you remember Pinky flying in with her roll-up tobacco and Rizla papers? How she got through eventually I can't imagine.

i remember that happening to a friend who had some rizla's on him they kept him for an hour behind closed doors :thinking::thinking:
spot

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by spot »

Odie;1214040 wrote: oh to cool, I hope I can get there.:guitarist

Have a good time Odie. Or you could always fly into England for the weekend, we'd be delighted to see you.
farmer giles

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by farmer giles »

spot;1214049 wrote: Have a good time Odie. Or you could always fly into England for the weekend, we'd be delighted to see you.

you seem to of missed out the word leave on the end of your post spot :thinking:

just kidding oddie:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Odie »

spot;1214049 wrote: Have a good time Odie. Or you could always fly into England for the weekend, we'd be delighted to see you.

oh thanks Spot, you have no idea how much I would love to come to England!

The countryside.............omg......just so different from here.

and to meet the friends we talk to has to just be awesome!:guitarist:guitarist

damn..........Odie doesn't fly.........
spot

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by spot »

Odie;1214053 wrote: oh thanks Spot, you have no idea how much I would love to come to England!

The countryside.............omg......just so different from here.

and to meet the friends we talk to has to just be awesome!:guitarist:guitarist

damn..........Odie doesn't fly.........

A sufficiently strong tranquillizer would get you to Heathrow without you even noticing you were on a plane and the UK FG crowd invariably meet transatlantic visitors at the airport, it's a tradition. It's only a 7 hour flight from Pearson International, if you set out at midnight you'd have a full night's sleep and arrive early afternoon local time. You'll need a thin see-through cotton skirt and something gauzy to cover your shoulders, the sun's fierce here in August.
Odie

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Odie »

spot;1214060 wrote: A sufficiently strong tranquillizer would get you to Heathrow without you even noticing you were on a plane and the UK FG crowd invariably meet transatlantic visitors at the airport, it's a tradition. It's only a 7 hour flight from Pearson International, if you set out at midnight you'd have a full night's sleep and arrive early afternoon local time. You'll need a thin see-through cotton skirt and something gauzy to cover your shoulders, the sun's fierce here in August.

a full nights sleep on a plane? me?:-5:-5:-5
spot

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by spot »

Odie;1214066 wrote: a full nights sleep on a plane? me?:-5:-5:-5

You never know if you don't try! I'm sure your doctor can prescribe an effective knock-out drop to keep you comatose that long.
Odie

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Odie »

spot;1214068 wrote: You never know if you don't try! I'm sure your doctor can prescribe an effective knock-out drop to keep you comatose that long.

thing is with me.....I need to be alert and know whats going on.
farmer giles

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by farmer giles »

Odie;1214070 wrote: thing is with me.....I need to be alert and know whats going on.

what are you a pilot :yh_rotfl

can you fix plane engines :sneaky:

do you serve those little square meals

do you sell duty free

if you answered yes to any of those questions by all means stay awake :)
spot

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by spot »

farmer giles;1214072 wrote: if you answered yes to any of those questions by all means stay awake :)

You missed "are you excited by the chance to swap life histories with the passenger in the next seat from take-off to landing".
farmer giles

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by farmer giles »

spot;1214073 wrote: You missed "are you excited by the chance to swap life histories with the passenger in the next seat from take-off to landing".

yes indeed and see photo's of their last holiday in alaska where you see lots of people wearing bright coloured puffa coats on a pure white background which did happen on a flight to jfk :-5:-5

grim :thinking:
Imladris

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Imladris »

farmer giles;1214076 wrote: yes indeed and see photo's of their last holiday in alaska where you see lots of people wearing bright coloured puffa coats on a pure white background which did happen on a flight to jfk :-5:-5

grim :thinking:

did I show you the photos of my holiday in Alaska?? :sneaky:
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Betty Boop

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Betty Boop »

Imladris;1214088 wrote: did I show you the photos of my holiday in Alaska?? :sneaky:

No, that was me on the train. :wah:
farmer giles

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by farmer giles »

spot;1214073 wrote: You missed "are you excited by the chance to swap life histories with the passenger in the next seat from take-off to landing".

Imladris;1214088 wrote: did I show you the photos of my holiday in Alaska?? :sneaky:

yes but i was unsure if that was a pale pink puffa jacket or you were naked immy :sneaky::sneaky::yh_rotfl
Odie

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Odie »

farmer giles;1214072 wrote: what are you a pilot :yh_rotfl

can you fix plane engines :sneaky:

do you serve those little square meals

do you sell duty free

if you answered yes to any of those questions by all means stay awake :)

NOW THIS WILL MAKE YOU LAUGH!

Mike and I went for a helicopter ride over Niagara Falls years ago, I demanded I sit beside the pilot.......one......he was good looking......two.......just in case....

I need to know what is going on!:-5:-5

So off we go and everyone is wearing headsets so we can all hear our mighty Captain........Mike is in the back with others....taking pics......omg........how can you take pics?:lips:

I'm sitting there frozen....had nooooo idea the bottom was glass!:-5:-5 There was no where I could look away.......

then we get over Niagara Falls, (you must google) and the helicopter stops....... I am sitting there scared to death, so I asked the Captain, what is wrong, are we stuck in park?

He ever so nicely said, no, we are just hovering!

I forgot helicopters hovered!:-5:-5:-5

I felt like such a fool!

Afterward's I said to that gorjous Captain how stupid I was not to know....he put his arm around me and said, that's alright....that's why I'm here.:-4
minks

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by minks »

Aw darn, I will have to pass too, I won't be in the area til Sept 10 :( Well for everybody who goes have a blast.

Odie, perhaps one day you and I should make the trek to England to see everybody there eh. I assure you you won't want to come back home. I would love to go back.... I think I owe Spot a Beer. :o

Ahahaha imagine a Canadian meet up, Koan picks up Minks and off we go east cause thas where the other what 3 FG members are. Crikey Koan would be on a plane for what 4-5 hours and me 3-4 hours yikes.

Aw Odie, if ya wanna fly I will come with ya and hold yer hand ahahahahaha
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Odie

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Odie »

minks;1214102 wrote: Aw darn, I will have to pass too, I won't be in the area til Sept 10 :( Well for everybody who goes have a blast.

Odie, perhaps one day you and I should make the trek to England to see everybody there eh. I assure you you won't want to come back home. I would love to go back.... I think I owe Spot a Beer. :o

Ahahaha imagine a Canadian meet up, Koan picks up Minks and off we go east cause thas where the other what 3 FG members are. Crikey Koan would be on a plane for what 4-5 hours and me 3-4 hours yikes.

Aw Odie, if ya wanna fly I will come with ya and hold yer hand ahahahahaha

we would need to bring beer eh?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

yes, stop over at Toronto and pick me up!:guitarist:guitarist
minks

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by minks »

Odie;1214128 wrote: we would need to bring beer eh?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

yes, stop over at Toronto and pick me up!:guitarist:guitarist

i suspect by the time we landed in the UK all the people around us would want to be jumping out the windows cause we would be laughing all the way hehehehehe

― Mae West
Odie

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Odie »

minks;1214130 wrote: i suspect by the time we landed in the UK all the people around us would want to be jumping out the windows cause we would be laughing all the way hehehehehe

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

don't forget to pack a moose, I'll pack a beaver!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
minks

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by minks »

Odie;1214132 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

don't forget to pack a moose, I'll pack a beaver!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

bwahhh hawww hawww hawww indeed. Last time I went I packed a pink cowboy hat hehehehe

― Mae West
Oscar Namechange

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Odie;1214070 wrote: thing is with me.....I need to be alert and know whats going on. Odie, it's not a fear of flying you should have, more a fear of crashing.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Odie »

oscar;1214137 wrote: Odie, it's not a fear of flying you should have, more a fear of crashing.

not with me.......just hate flying!:-5:-5
Odie

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Odie »

minks;1214136 wrote: bwahhh hawww hawww hawww indeed. Last time I went I packed a pink cowboy hat hehehehe

I've got my cowgirl boots!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Odie;1214140 wrote: not with me.......just hate flying!:-5:-5
I watched the film 'Snakes on a plane' a few nights ago..... very dissapointing..... it was about snakes on a plane :(
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Odie »

oscar;1214144 wrote: I watched the film 'Snakes on a plane' a few nights ago..... very dissapointing..... it was about snakes on a plane :(

yeah the advertisement looked really stupid!
el guapo

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by el guapo »

Odie;1214140 wrote: not with me.......just hate flying!:-5:-5
the 2 safest places to sit on a plane

sit at the back its safer they dont reverse in to much

sit near black box they always find that
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Odie

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Odie »

el guapo;1214146 wrote: the 2 safest places to sit on a plane

sit at the back its safer they dont reverse in to much

sit near black box they always find that

Ive been on dozens of planes......but 3 were just not good flights, so never again!
Oscar Namechange

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Odie;1214149 wrote: Ive been on dozens of planes......but 3 were just not good flights, so never again! My dad always advised me to sit on the back of a plane as you never hear of a plane backing into a mountain !!
Odie

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Odie »

oscar;1214152 wrote: My dad always advised me to sit on the back of a plane as you never hear of a plane backing into a mountain !!

awwwwwwwwww!
Oscar Namechange

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Odie;1214153 wrote: awwwwwwwwww! He also told me never to look a cross magpie in the eye. :confused::confused:
el guapo

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by el guapo »

Odie;1214149 wrote: Ive been on dozens of planes......but 3 were just not good flights, so never again!

no remind me never to go on a plane with ya you are a jinx
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Odie

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Odie »

el guapo;1214161 wrote: no remind me never to go on a plane with ya you are a jinx

:(:(:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Snowfire

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by Snowfire »

Well I made the first meet, way back when. Another would be fun.

I cant promise anything because I'm commited to working away from home at the moment but if I can get a day off or so then pencil me in.

I'm quite happy to share a tent with Betty but not with Jimbo. :D
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
farmer giles

FG UK Summer Meet 2009

Post by farmer giles »

Snowfire;1214190 wrote: Well I made the first meet, way back when. Another would be fun.

I cant promise anything because I'm commited to working away from home at the moment but if I can get a day off or so then pencil me in.

I'm quite happy to share a tent with Betty but not with Jimbo. :D

i dont blame you one bit suzy snores:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Return to “Holidays”