Yeah I know what do you mean Christmas?

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well this year We're having a christmas tree with presents. Just don't tell anymone from my congregation alright?

And I know that you all think it's too earliy and so forth but I thought within this economic climate we may have to get things ready just a little earlier this year. No credit card or money for last minute shopping this year.

Anyway I'm out of touch with all this stuff, what's a cheap way of celebrating the ocassion of the festival that is called Christmas?
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Well how many in your family..? You might like to try a secret santa idea set a price limit put all the names in a hat and everybody pulls out a name and buys only for that person upto the budget..

We had open house on boxing day and my friend and I used to share the cooking sometimes her mum would join us and also add a dish or two it just helps to share the finacial burden.

I still think the most special thing about it is spending time with your family and appreciating them taking the time to tell them how much they mean to you, after all you never know how long you have left together..
Barman

Post by Barman »

Just take a holiday to get away from it all, much cheaper.:wah:
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Hmmm Barman we do that every year because we don't celebrate it . But I'm trying to be nice this year and give the kids the experience of what "everyone of my friends is on about" <------My sons words. but I'm not sure what he's picturing.

God I hope it's not snow and frosty the snowman.

Plus my new friend is right into it but he doesn't have kids of his own and well his own childhood maybe catching up with him.......

Victoria my own extended family does that and I don't think they are doing it this year ...appparently too many grumbles. I won't be spending Christmas with them. they want things so perfect that they forget why they are really there.( they do christmas thing.)

Boxing day is recovery day in Australia unless you're off to the Cricket.

see that's the problem I'm all out of the " it takes a day to tell someone what you mean to them". I have children at the age of 14 and 11 that still kiss me goodnight and hug me and tell me they love me. my 21 year old tells me he loves me all the time .......Last phone call " love you mum thanks for not being an idiot" :-2 :D

so it's going to be whole heartedly something that is just on the surface I think ....apart from the presents I guess. Oh well we'll see. My heart is not in any 'one' celebration so I'm struggling to see the point ...if you know what I mean? that's why I need help.

should we make them for each other? I guess keehan wants a new rabbit hutch his brother could make that at school ...HAH!! I think I have it. Maybe.
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Just spend the day with the kids & do what they want for the day.

You may be suprised how simple it all turns out.

We like to give IOU's for when the kids can think what they would really like.:-6

:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

At least you can celebrate Christmas in warm weather...we'll be cold.:mad:
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

My family has increased too much for gifts. We just get together for a light lunch and to visit. Some members feel the need to give everyone something, usually some little thing they made, or a book or something. Others bring a food item or nothing at all. Don't matter. It's being together awhile that's important.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

hoppy;1229817 wrote: My family has increased too much for gifts. We just get together for a light lunch and to visit. Some members feel the need to give everyone something, usually some little thing they made, or a book or something. Others bring a food item or nothing at all. Don't matter. It's being together awhile that's important.

We do a pollyanna...pick a name from a hat & celebrate at my parents house...complete chaos. Everyone brings a dish. I already know what I'm bringing this year.....
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

qsducks;1229820 wrote: We do a pollyanna...pick a name from a hat & celebrate at my parents house...complete chaos. Everyone brings a dish. I already know what I'm bringing this year.....

Well, what?:D
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

hoppy;1229825 wrote: Well, what?:D

Chocolate Mudslide pie & I made these roasted potatoes w/onions last night...really delish...gone in 5 min.:wah:
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Stores here already have C'Mas stuff out & some displays.

Fuzz - why don't you get your kids to make something to give.

either draw names & exchange with eachother

or make items to give to the poor - kids in hospitals - homeless etc.

then the meaning of C'Mas is taught & passed on.

Patsy
cooldude94

Post by cooldude94 »

Sounds yummy.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

what's a cheap way of celebrating the ocassion of the festival that is called Christmas?

Everyone gets a jar of peanut butter.

Then you can just sit back and laugh to yourself when they all get this weird look on their face like wtf is this?
I AM AWESOME MAN
in the know

Post by in the know »

I,m going to my in-laws, will no doubt go to midnight mass.

We have agreed this year to only buy one present each and only spend £30 max.

I love christmas as long as I dont have to cook :)
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Don't know if it'll give any ideas, but I do a "waifs and strays" Christmas: there are a few of us round here who don't really have anywhere to go for Christmas, so I invite them round to Schloss Clodhopper and do the whole Christmas dinner thing. Then we lie around and groan at our distended tummies!

Somehow, it works. :)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
lou lou belle

Post by lou lou belle »

I am flying Christmas Eve to Australia. Will be over Europe, Asia and then to Singapore on Xmas day. Boxing day arrive at Brisbane. No doubt will have a few drinks on route. Wont be able to eat too much though, its bikini weather over there and dont want to scare the natives when I,m sunning it on the beach. :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

not celebrating Christmas this year.
Life is just to short for drama.
TenneseeGirl

Post by TenneseeGirl »

We were going to make all the relatives come to us this year because we always drive 1500 miles cross country to see everyone. Then I found out I was preggers. So instead of a xmas visit everyone opted for a mid march visit when the baby is born.

This year it will probably be presents for the baby (cause lord knows they need a lot of stuff!) and some easy mac.
~~~~~

Just some food for thought. Swallow it or not that's up to you.:lips:
Odie

Post by Odie »

TenneseeGirl;1244543 wrote: We were going to make all the relatives come to us this year because we always drive 1500 miles cross country to see everyone. Then I found out I was preggers. So instead of a xmas visit everyone opted for a mid march visit when the baby is born.

This year it will probably be presents for the baby (cause lord knows they need a lot of stuff!) and some easy mac.

congrats newbie to me!:guitarist:guitarist

wonderful mid-march due date, you won't have to suffer the summer heat.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

you won't have to suffer the summer heat.

One of the reasons I appreciate this forum: that had never occurred to me! Education is ongoing...

Odie

Post by Odie »

Clodhopper;1244591 wrote: One of the reasons I appreciate this forum: that had never occurred to me! Education is ongoing...

- summer heat when your pregnant is very very uncomfortable.

Your already carrying around extra weight, you may have had morning sickness, its really hard to walk a long distance to reach a store when you get bigger and your already really hot from hormonal changes. Sleeping is hard enough, just trying to get comfy, your legs also hurt from the weight.

and if you don't have air conditioning in your car or home, its just unbearable.

and if you have to take the bus.....omg.

plus there are so many more reasons why.

we now have 'pregnant women' parking spots in front of some stores.....fabulous idea that was.

glad I could help.
TenneseeGirl

Post by TenneseeGirl »

Odie;1244608 wrote: - summer heat when your pregnant is very very uncomfortable.

Your already carrying around extra weight, you may have had morning sickness, its really hard to walk a long distance to reach a store when you get bigger and your already really hot from hormonal changes. Sleeping is hard enough, just trying to get comfy, your legs also hurt from the weight.

and if you don't have air conditioning in your car or home, its just unbearable.

and if you have to take the bus.....omg.

plus there are so many more reasons why.

we now have 'pregnant women' parking spots in front of some stores.....fabulous idea that was.

glad I could help.

More reasons why pregnancy sucks! Thanks
~~~~~

Just some food for thought. Swallow it or not that's up to you.:lips:
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Odie: Thank you for helping me.

Some people will be saying to themselves, "How could he have missed this?" But I did, and you have helped me learn something.

I hope I have always been considerate to pregnant women. You have helped me do this better. :-4

Odie

Post by Odie »

TenneseeGirl;1244621 wrote: More reasons why pregnancy sucks! Thanks

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

but your due next May right?

you should be okay hun.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Clodhopper;1244625 wrote: Odie: Thank you for helping me.

Some people will be saying to themselves, "How could he have missed this?" But I did, and you have helped me learn something.

I hope I have always been considerate to pregnant women. You have helped me do this better. :-4

darling, its understandable, as men don't know these things unless they're wife/friend, etc. has gone through it.

plus some women have really serious problems and complications with pregnancies as well.

When I used to ride the bus, as soon as I saw a women pregnant, someone disabled, the elderly, women who have a lot of kids etc.....I just stood up and said, here, please take my seat.........and you would not believe just how thankful they were.

just common courtesy and care.
oanadoledo

Post by oanadoledo »

The Christmas is beautiful when you spend it with the family and friends

Return to “Holidays”