Hoildays

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
hoppy

Hoildays

Post by hoppy »

I hate the holidays. I hate anything that disrupts my Monday through Friday routine. Even weekends. Damn. Seems like yesterday I was a kid. Today I'm my crabby, drunk old granded. Oh well, it'll all be over in awhile. :p
sharedfastlane

Hoildays

Post by sharedfastlane »

Hi Renee22!

Yes...I think people get depressed around this time as Ads and TV representations of the " Ideal Family" and years gone by Festive Fun make them feel impovrished and " less than", 'course the long dark nights of late Autumn don't help! I've had a few stabs of those feelings years gone by and almost had to shut myself off from the build up and tell myself " It's just one Day". I felt a bit offended for the first time ever at the Disneyesque side of Switching the Oxford Street Christmas Lights on when the theme was from a film on release at the time and there were too many plugs for it .

This year I feel rich to realise that I have amassed 53 Christmass experiences so can have a Fun Pick A Mix of what the Season means to me! I do WISH I could spoil my loved ones rotten.

At the moment I am listening to 13th Century Music that makes me shiver, some of it seems so of the now. Makes me reconnect with my Soul and the frost on the roofs outside makes me remember how much I loved to be out in all weathers as a child. Hope it will spur me on to get outside!
farmer giles

Hoildays

Post by farmer giles »

hoppy;1267966 wrote: I hate the holidays. I hate anything that disrupts my Monday through Friday routine. Even weekends. Damn. Seems like yesterday I was a kid. Today I'm my crabby, drunk old granded. Oh well, it'll all be over in awhile. :p

no it wont only the good die young hoppy :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

we will be keeping each other company for many decades to come buddy :rolleyes::rolleyes::D
jacoboliva

Hoildays

Post by jacoboliva »

Hi,

The holiday season is supposed to be a time to spend relaxing meals and having pleasant conversations with family & friends and going for tour for change. You can enjoy holidays in any where you can find numerous centre of attractions that have never failed to allure the tourists throughout the entire globe. Greece holidays attracts many people from both Greece itself and many other nations across the world.
willamblack01

Hoildays

Post by willamblack01 »

Holidays are very precious for me it the time when i live all the work and tensions.The days i only spend with my family we all go out to any far places to enjoy.This holidays we are planning to go Egypt it is very vibrant and historical place.Hope we will enjoy a lot.
[advertising link removed]
Barman

Hoildays

Post by Barman »

willamblack01, bye scammer spammer, i am off on holiday today. Not to Sharm though, dont fancy spending a week sat on the loo, so i am going to Looe, Cornwall instead.:p
along-for-the-ride

Hoildays

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Renee22;1267941 wrote: Do hoildays get you down?

all the pressure that others put on you and the world on what you should be doing and how to do it?

is it that you cant wait for the hoildays to be over with?

I wish I could help you or tell you how to handle it but I cant.

the only thing I can think of is this is a Holy time of the year and its not about how much you spent or where you spent it or who you spent it on. is that you have love in your heart for others.

I hope that helps you out.:-4

Renee was asking about "hoildays", not holidays.

Just what is a "hoilday"?

A hoilday is day that is suppose to be a day off from work, a vacation, but........you find yourself working anyway...around the house. Thus the term "hoil" which combines the words "holiday" and "toil".

Your welcome,

AFTR

:D
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
pinghenglin505

Hoildays

Post by pinghenglin505 »

holliday would never get me down, because i seldom go on holliday. i want to have holliday in thses days, but i do not have time.

Return to “Holidays”