I'm exhausted - Ho Ho Season

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

What stage of the Ho Ho Season are you doing.?

My tree is up - house decorated - I'm wrapping presents today - I'm exhausted and my back is killing me. Attended a yearly C'Mas tree lighting at a park.

I've already gained my 20 POUNDS...! But, hot chocolate & Peppermint Schnapps is delish and I just found it - it's fattening Ho Ho Ho .

Have a wonderful Holiday

Patsy
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Good to see you Patsy I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Holiday season. I keep it simple put lights on my indoor tree year round. Give gift cards and a small ornament and a surprise gift along with it. Hot chocolate & Peppermint Schnapps must get busy with that time to put the egg not down. L:)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

tabby

Post by tabby »

I've finished 98% of my gift shopping. I've wrapped and mailed packages heading overseas but haven't begun wrapping any other gifts. I think that's my least favorite part ... love to pick out the paper and tags but I'm all thumbs with the actual wrapping! My skills in that department are about on par with your average 4 year old! That's where gift bags and tissue paper come in handy!

I still need to come up with the Christmas day menu too. I have a good idea of what I want to fix but need to fine tune it!
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Hey Patsy! Merry Christmas!

I put an ornament on our Forum Garden Christmas tree for you. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

My christmas shopping was easy ...told the boys to go to their favourite shop online ..they had $500 each and I just ordered it all at the end ..turned up a the post office and bobs ya Uncle.

Yongest put the tree up and decorated it . It's just the house now I have to do . and food ...food food and more food. and drink ...lots of drink ...oh dear thanks a lot my list just got longer .lol
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

heard a great enviromental way of wrapping pressies ....buy some pillow cases have them embroidered with peoples names and wrap the gift inside them ...have a picture of girts wrapped like this and they look awsome. Some had bouquettes (instead of the traditional ribbon) of lavendah and other kinds of smelly flowers. Gosh they were pretty.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

fuzzywuzzy;1378059 wrote: heard a great enviromental way of wrapping pressies ....buy some pillow cases have them embroidered with peoples names and wrap the gift inside them ...have a picture of girts wrapped like this and they look awsome. Some had bouquettes (instead of the traditional ribbon) of lavendah and other kinds of smelly flowers. Gosh they were pretty.

I love that idea!! I love the home-made and simple/meaningful gifts and if possible decor too!

We made a new ornament for the tree to include our "adopted" member of our family. We had picture ornaments of all the boys from when they were little so my youngest son insisted that Jason was included as well....It meant a lot to him and us too!

This is the first year since 2007 that we've had a house to decorate and put up a tree. Since I will be gone for Christmas we've been doing things early...been trying to spend quality time with the boys and they love that.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I haven't put a tree up in a few years also - it took me 3 days to decorate.

When I wrap, I incorporate a ornament to the wrap & the person receiving.

When it comes to "Gift Cards" I wrap them in a shoe box. Every one enjoys the antisipation of unwrapping.

Fuzzy - love the idea of the pillow case - love unigue ideas.

Patsy
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

English people wrap presents In newspapers.... gives them something to read once the novelty of Christmas wears off.

Poor people just give each other newspapers... wrapped In a newspaper.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I've just finished wrapping and now trying to pack some in large boxes to ship.

I think my family is spoiled...! I only have 6 people to buy for and I wrapped 46 presents...

That's what I get for buying year round. I need nothing and enjoy giving.. obviously.!!

I'm having 4 couples over on Christmas for dinner & cheer.

Next is shopping for the menu.

What's for dinner for your Holiday ?

Patsy

Return to “Holidays”