Do You Join Belgians In Hating This Christmas Tree Light Sculpture?

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
User avatar
tabby
Posts: 2511
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:41 pm
Location: Virginia

Do You Join Belgians In Hating This Christmas Tree Light Sculpture?

Post by tabby »

What do you think? Would you prefer a large decorated tree in the square or this modern sculpture? Or another alternative?

Do You Join Belgians In Hating This Christmas Tree Light Sculpture?
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6627
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Do You Join Belgians In Hating This Christmas Tree Light Sculpture?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

UGHHHHHHHHHHH! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH! YECH! Bloody Awful!
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15792
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

Do You Join Belgians In Hating This Christmas Tree Light Sculpture?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

tabby;1413305 wrote: What do you think? Would you prefer a large decorated tree in the square or this modern sculpture? Or another alternative?

Do You Join Belgians In Hating This Christmas Tree Light Sculpture?


I know that square quite well and no, that "sculpture" does not fit the location and would spoil the Christmas celebrations there.
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Do You Join Belgians In Hating This Christmas Tree Light Sculpture?

Post by Ahso! »

I like the contrast. I'm sure a traditional tree looks wonderful there too, but I think the sculpture looks cool.

What a beautiful looking square.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15792
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

Do You Join Belgians In Hating This Christmas Tree Light Sculpture?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ahso!;1413423 wrote: I like the contrast. I'm sure a traditional tree looks wonderful there too, but I think the sculpture looks cool.

What a beautiful looking square.


It is indeed, all four sides in harmony in the grand style.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12066
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Do You Join Belgians In Hating This Christmas Tree Light Sculpture?

Post by LarsMac »

Bryn Mawr;1413421 wrote: I know that square quite well and no, that "sculpture" does not fit the location and would spoil the Christmas celebrations there.


I agree. It is an interesting piece, but woefully out of place there, IMHO.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford

Return to “Holidays”