Heightism

mattfromnossa

Heightism

Post by mattfromnossa »

Women will take just about any shortcoming in a man, except in the height department, according to Andrea McGinty, who founded the San Diego-based dating service It's Just Lunch. McGinty helped ABCNEWS put together an experiment to test just how willing women are to date shorter men. We brought together several short men and asked them to stand next to taller men.We invited groups of women to look at the men and choose a date.To see if the women would go for short guys who were successful,ABCNEWS' Lynn Sherr created extraordinary résumés for the shorter men. She told the women that the shorter men included a doctor,a best-selling author, a champion skier, a venture capitalist who'd made millions by the age of 25.Nothing worked. The women always chose the tall men. Sherr asked whether there'd be anything she could say that would make the shortest of the men, who was 5 feet, irresistible. One of the women replied, "Maybe the only thing you could say is that the other four are murderers." Another backed her up, saying that had the taller men had a criminal record she might have been swayed to choose a shorter man. Another said she'd have considered the shorter men, if the taller men had been described as "child molesters."

For more information on heightism visit NOSSA - National Organization of Short Statured Adults at www.nossaonline.org
lady cop

Heightism

Post by lady cop »

i'm 5'11", my son is 6'5"...and it's true, tall people get more respect. so do good-looking people.
Jives

Heightism

Post by Jives »

lady cop wrote: and it's true, tall people get more respect. so do good-looking people.
(Jives studies himself vainly in a mirror)

Yep. 6'1", blonde, blue-eyed, and good looking. I'm cool.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
lady cop

Heightism

Post by lady cop »

well OK guys. maybe the .45 helps get respect. and yes snooze, he's single, gorgeous, and eating me out of house and home, what's your address?
lady cop

Heightism

Post by lady cop »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Your probably right . I'm 6 ft 1 in and very well built so I might give her a run for her money :Di am trained to take down very large men. :D wanna wrestle?
lady cop

Heightism

Post by lady cop »

ArnoldLayne wrote: OK I submit :wah:submission turns me on.
lady cop

Heightism

Post by lady cop »

lady cop wrote: submission turns me on. in a cop kind of way :D
lady cop

Heightism

Post by lady cop »

Far Rider wrote: Im just under six foot, but uglier than wrecked truck... I get no respect at all...

Note to self: find shorter friends.:-5baloney! you're cute and have large weapons!
nvalleyvee

Heightism

Post by nvalleyvee »

I've dated and even married shorter people than myself. Maybe it was their big head that fooled me into thinking they were taller.............:wah:
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Galbally

Heightism

Post by Galbally »

I'm 6 foot, just, so phew, I think I'm alright. Though I have some men who are, well not really short, but just a bit short, like 5, 7 or something, they don't have any problems. Maybe if you were 5 foot though. Maybe its from our early days, when women chose partners on their ability to spot large predators at a distance, as opposed to the certaintly of a 6 figure divorce settlement (bitchy tonight, ain't I?).

BTW, what do they say about short men? Cause I will tell you one thing, in a bar it is 90 percent of the time that the guys you get into fights with are shorter than you, its a competition thing, and they are good fighers as well in general, harder to hit and all that! :wah:
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
lady cop

Heightism

Post by lady cop »

when i was very young short guys seemed to see me as a challenge. like everest.
Galbally

Heightism

Post by Galbally »

I do know what its like to be short though, as when I lived in Germany everyone above the age of 5 seemed to be very tall. In Ireland I would actually be reasonably tall, as Irish men are a little shorter on average than yanks or Brits I think, but there I was like a 5 year old, all these German men bending down out of the clouds to shake my hands, very disconcerting I must say.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
nvalleyvee

Heightism

Post by nvalleyvee »

SnoozeControl wrote: Jeez, everything sounds like a sexual innuendo tonight... I should just get offline.

I was just helping round out your thought Snooze...........:wah:
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
lady cop

Heightism

Post by lady cop »

i knew a man once who made a good point, that hitler would have loved to match us up for aryan babies with good genes. now there's a line! but true. anyone ever read about eugenics?
Galbally

Heightism

Post by Galbally »

SnoozeControl wrote: I had scary dreams about giants when I was little. Do you think I was dreaming about Germans?

No they were the Giants of Norse Legend, the Gods, Thor, Loki, Threa, etc etc, its all part of your multifaceted Danephobia.

Ladycop, I have read about eugenics in my science work, its a more than discredited brach of science nowadays, though it still has some sympathizers.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
lady cop

Heightism

Post by lady cop »

Galbally wrote: No they were the Giants of Norse Legend, the Gods, Thor, Loki, Threa, etc etc, its all part of your multifaceted Danephobia.

Ladycop, I have read about eugenics in my science work, its a more than discredited brach of science nowadays, though it still has some sympathizers.it's prejudicial and sucks arse. ****ing nazis.
BTS

Heightism

Post by BTS »

SnoozeControl wrote: I'm 5'9"... lots of men are shorter than I am.

And you know what they say about short men, don't you?

I don't either, I wish someone would tell me.:confused:

Well randy Newman said it years ago:

Short people

Short people got no reason

To live

They got little hands

Little eyes

They walk around

Tellin’ great big lies

They got little noses

And tiny little teeth

They wear platform shoes

On their nasty little feet

Well, I don’t want no short people

Don’t want no short people

`round here

Short people are just the same

As you and i

(a fool such as I)

All men are brothers

Until the day they die

(it’s a wonderful world)

Short people got nobody

Short people got nobody

Short people got nobody

To love

They got little baby legs

That stand so low

You got to pick ’em up

Just to say hello

They got little cars

That go beep, beep, beep

They got little voices

Goin’ peep, peep, peep

They got grubby little fingers

And dirty little minds

They’re gonna get you every time

Well, I don’t want no short people

’round here
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
littleCJelkton

Heightism

Post by littleCJelkton »

As I have seen in here and in many other forums, blogs, and responses to male heightism articles. The subject of male heightism is always jokingly tucked away or played down. As I and other males I know who are more than 5" under the american average of 5' 9" we continously indure indecencies that others such as those suffering from dwarfism or minor forms of spina bifida would be able to cry discrimation against, mainly male heightism as practiced by buisnesses and governments such as hiring practices, career advancement, and requirements for federal aid such as disability. I and many other (Severely Height-Restricted Individuals of the Male Persuasion) or SHRIMPs have come to realize that as for the dating aspect, it is a woman's desicion to date/marry who she wants and their is nothing we can do about it except again try to get equal discrimitory laws put in place for short males as there are for other people of short stature so that it will be less socially exceptable to pose moderatly short males as inferior, or less able to succeed as compared to their taller counterparts as is seen countless times in TV, hollywood, and news. The main problem is as I stated before is that the subject of male heightism is only rarely ever taken seriously for what can only be considered to be the very reasons why I and many other short males continue to make it known, and the lack of seriousness that is shown in the blogs and forums I and others read carries on to the rest of society and the world as a whole. What I want to know is when did fighting against discrimination be it heightism, racism, discrimination against a religion, or any of that become a joke?

Return to “Societal Issues News”