US immigration policy

Ahso!

US immigration policy

Post by Ahso! »

I've been looking through our immigration act of 1990 and some of it is amusing. Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Some interesting highlights

(II) a consular officer or the Attorney General knows, or has reasonable ground to believe, is likely to engage after entry in any terrorist activity (as defined in clause (iii)),

• is excludable. An alien who is an officer, official, representative, or spokesman of the Palestine Liberation Organization is considered, for purposes of this Act, to be engaged in a terrorist activity.

This next one is funny.

• `(V) The use of any--

`(a) biological agent, chemical agent, or nuclear weapon or device, or

`(b) explosive or firearm (other than for mere personal monetary gain),

• with intent to endanger, directly or indirectly, the safety of one or more individuals or to cause substantial damage to property.

Does this mean that as long as you're robbing someone at gunpoint you're okay?

I think the 'intent' laws in our country are insane.

SEC. 601. REVISION OF GROUNDS FOR EXCLUSION.

• (a) REVISED GROUNDS FOR EXCLUSION- Subsection (a) of section 212 (8 U.S.C. 1182) is amended to read as follows:

• `(a) CLASSES OF EXCLUDABLE ALIENS- Except as otherwise provided in this Act, the following describes classes of excludable aliens who are ineligible to receive visas and who shall be excluded from admission into the United States:

• `(1) HEALTH-RELATED GROUNDS-

• `(A) IN GENERAL- Any alien--

• `(i) who is determined (in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services) to have a communicable disease of public health significance,

• `(ii) who is determined (in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services in consultation with the Attorney General)--

• `(I) to have a physical or mental disorder and behavior associated with the disorder that may pose, or has posed, a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others, or

[LIST] `(II) to have had a physical or mental disorder and a history of behavior associated with the disorder, which behavior has posed a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others and which behavior is likely to recur or to lead to other harmful behavior,

[LIST] `(iii) who is determined (in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services) to be a drug abuser or addict,

So if we want an immigrant out all we need is the subjective opinion of the 'right' psychologist?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
TruthBringer

US immigration policy

Post by TruthBringer »

If you cross the North Korean border illegally, you get 12 years hard labor.

If you cross the Iranian border illegally, you are detained indefinitely.

If you cross the Afghan border illegally, you get shot.

If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally, you will be jailed.

If you cross the Chinese border illegally, you may never be heard from again.

If you cross the Venezuelan border illegally, you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed.

If you cross the Mexican border illegally, you will be thrown into a political prison to rot.

If you cross the U.S. border illegally, you get:

1. and the right to carry your country’s flag while you protest that you don’t get enough respect.

2. A job,

3. a drivers license,

4. a social security card,

5. welfare,

6. food stamps,

7. credit cards,

8. subsidized rent or a loan to buy a house,

9. free education,

10. free health care,

11. a lobbyist in Washington,

12. billions of dollars worth of public documents printed in your language,

Of course, North Korea, China, and the others are dictatorships, but the fact remains that our immigration policy is destructive. It encourages illegal immigration and the bankruptcy of the states. It creates social and racial tensions.

No nation can survive with an unchecked and unrestrained tidal wave of poverty-stricken foreigners flowing over its borders.
Link removed by moderator
CARLA

US immigration policy

Post by CARLA »

TruthBringer well said and the truth sums it up nicely. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Ahso!

US immigration policy

Post by Ahso! »

CARLA;1307793 wrote: TruthBringer well said and the truth sums it up nicely. :-6Even if what he said is false? TB once again went off topic with exaggerations in yet another thread. This thread is about what the US immigration policy is not what we imagine it to be. Perhaps either you or TB can show us where in the policy his assertions are written.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
CARLA

US immigration policy

Post by CARLA »

Sorry nothing imaginary or exaggerated here most of us who live in cities that are on the border with Mexico live and breathe it day in and day out.

The Immigration policy as it is now doesn't work with the real not imaginary, or exaggerated problem we have at our borders daily.

[QUOTE]

This thread is about what the US immigration policy is not what we [QUOTE]imagine it to be.

[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Ahso!

US immigration policy

Post by Ahso! »

CARLA;1307797 wrote: Sorry nothing imaginary or exaggerated here most of us who live in cities that are on the border with Mexico live and breathe it day in and day out.

The Immigration policy as it is now doesn't work with the real not imaginary, or exaggerated problem we have at our borders daily.The point, Carla, is that this thread is not about what your perceptions and experiences are concerning immigration, its that this thread is dedicated to the actual policy. As a mod I would hope you could appreciate that fact. I'd ask for the trolling posts be moved to an appropriate thread but I know thats not going to do any good because it seems anyone can do as they wish in this forum. Thats unfortunate because it prevents people from joining or remaining.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
CARLA

US immigration policy

Post by CARLA »

Soory in my opinion our post are about "Immigration Policy" sorry you don't see it that way and neither post will be moved.

I clearly stated my thought about the policy. Yes posts are always about that persons perceptions and experiences with regards to a thread, or whats the point in posting. Just because it doesn't conform to your thinking doesn't mean its wrong.

If you want a debate take it to the DEBATING thread where specific rules apply.

If you feel I, or TB is in violation of TOS report our posts.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Ahso!

US immigration policy

Post by Ahso! »

But neither one of you have stated an opinion on the thread title. What the two of you have done is change the intent of the thread to mean something other than "US Immigration Policy".

I know this will go no place. Have a good day! Have fun with the thread.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
YZGI

US immigration policy

Post by YZGI »

Ahso!;1307809 wrote: But neither one of you have stated an opinion on the thread title. What the two of you have done is change the intent of the thread to mean something other than "US Immigration Policy".

I know this will go no place. Have a good day! Have fun with the thread.

Ahso, no disrespect intended but you really have a need to completely control your threads don't you? Sometimes threads go into many different directions, that is no need to grab your ball and go. Without the ball, the game can't be played you know?
TruthBringer

US immigration policy

Post by TruthBringer »

Ahso!;1307794 wrote: Even if what he said is false? TB once again went off topic with exaggerations in yet another thread. This thread is about what the US immigration policy is not what we imagine it to be. Perhaps either you or TB can show us where in the policy his assertions are written.

Since when did it become a good idea to leave the borders wide open? How can you have Homeland Security when you have the borders wide open?
Link removed by moderator
yaaarrrgg

US immigration policy

Post by yaaarrrgg »

TruthBringer;1307744 wrote: North Korean

Iranian

Afghan

Saudi Arabian

Chinese

Venezuelan

Mexican

Now that's a great list of countries.
yaaarrrgg

US immigration policy

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Ahso!;1306740 wrote: explosive or firearm (other than for mere personal monetary gain)

That is pretty funny. The NRA probably inserted that :)
Ahso!

US immigration policy

Post by Ahso! »

TruthBringer;1307972 wrote: Since when did it become a good idea to leave the borders wide open? How can you have Homeland Security when you have the borders wide open?Where in the policy did you find that, TB?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
BTS

US immigration policy

Post by BTS »

Ahso!;1307802 wrote: The point, Carla, is that this thread is not about what your perceptions and experiences are concerning immigration, its that this thread is dedicated to the actual policy. As a mod I would hope you could appreciate that fact. I'd ask for the trolling posts be moved to an appropriate thread but I know thats not going to do any good because it seems anyone can do as they wish in this forum. Thats unfortunate because it prevents people from joining or remaining.

If you cross the North Korean border illegally, you get 12 years hard labor.

If you cross the Iranian border illegally, you are detained indefinitely.

If you cross the Afghan border illegally, you get shot.

If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally, you will be jailed.

If you cross the Chinese border illegally, you may never be heard from again.

If you cross the Venezuelan border illegally, you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed.

If you cross the Mexican border illegally, you will be thrown into a political prison to rot.

SOOO Ah-So

How is it off topic to point out other countries immigration policies?
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
along-for-the-ride

US immigration policy

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I found this article today:

Immigration, ICE: U.S. deported record number of illegal immigrants - chicagotribune.com

What do you think?
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
CARLA

US immigration policy

Post by CARLA »

About time but not enough.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

along-for-the-ride

US immigration policy

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Bottom line......The US government let this situation continue for far too many years before finally dealing with it. JMO
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “Societal Issues News”