Omg

OpenMind

Omg

Post by OpenMind »

Germany: Father saves girl from bear in zoo - Yahoo! Canada News
Mustang

Omg

Post by Mustang »

I heard about this on the news the other day.

They're damn lucky they didn't sustain more injuries than what they did. Bet the parents keep a better eye on their 3 year old now!
Rapunzel

Omg

Post by Rapunzel »

I agree they should have watched her better, although it's impossible to watch a child every second of the day, however I think a 3 foot fence around a bear enclosure is utterly ridiculous! That fence should have been 12 feet high!

How often have we seen in recent years, grown adults falling into animal cages because they were drunk or clowning around?

Adults will probably sit small children on top of the fence to better see the animal. What then if the child wriggles out of their grasp and topples into the enclosure?

Only last week a bull jumped out of the ring and gored the crowd.

These are wild animals folks, they need to be treated with respect and caution.

And those fences need to be a damn site higher for everyone's safety! Because you never know, one day that bear may figure out a way to climb out! After all, the bull found a way out! Just because something has never happened before, it doesn't mean it can't happen in the future.
Odie

Omg

Post by Odie »

Rapunzel;1328976 wrote: I agree they should have watched her better, although it's impossible to watch a child every second of the day, however I think a 3 foot fence around a bear enclosure is utterly ridiculous! That fence should have been 12 feet high!

How often have we seen in recent years, grown adults falling into animal cages because they were drunk or clowning around?

Adults will probably sit small children on top of the fence to better see the animal. What then if the child wriggles out of their grasp and topples into the enclosure?

Only last week a bull jumped out of the ring and gored the crowd.

These are wild animals folks, they need to be treated with respect and caution.

And those fences need to be a damn site higher for everyone's safety! Because you never know, one day that bear may figure out a way to climb out! After all, the bull found a way out! Just because something has never happened before, it doesn't mean it can't happen in the future.

well said!

Attached files
Life is just to short for drama.
CARLA

Omg

Post by CARLA »

Both are lucky to be alive. I agree the fences need to be higher and parents need to supervise their kids a little better.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Return to “Societal Issues News”