They've just worked it out - Investigation reveals thousands of bogus church weddings

OpenMind

They've just worked it out - Investigation reveals thousands of bogus church weddings

Post by OpenMind »

Investigation reveals thousands of bogus church weddings may have taken place - Telegraph

Cleric accuses Church leaders of ignoring his warnings over sham marriages - Telegraph
spot

Post by spot »

I wonder what "bogus" means in this context. If it's bogus in the sense of one of the participants already being married, and acting as a serial conduit to bring one non-national after another into the country, it would seem a bit pointless since the marriage would be revoked once the illegality was brought to light. And besides, I think they'd use the word "illegal" rather than bogus in that context. This is, I suspect, "bogus" in the sense of legal. In which case, either a change in the law is needed - and good luck to whoever wants to try drafting the fine print of that - or it's hot air.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Societal Issues News”