Max Clifford charged with 11 counts of Indecent Assault...

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Max Clifford charged with 11 counts of indecent assault | BreakingNews.ie

OMG :-2:-2:-2
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

“Nevertheless a decision has been taken to charge me with 11 offences involving seven women, the most recent of which is 28 years ago and the oldest 47 years ago."
I think the man is a sleaze bag, a pointless smooth talking piece of celebrity nothingness (I toned that down a lot)

But when they bring these charges, isn't there a proviso that it is in the Public interest ?

The most recent was 28 years ago, what sort of person carries this around for all those years and then reveals all so much later ?

I am not making light of anything that might have happened to these women, but shouldn't justice be swift to be affective?

Wouldn't the police time be better employed chasing more current crimes ?

Couldn't this gentleman be dealt with better by a heavy handed visit from the boys in blue to knock his credibility.............or is that what we are seeing now ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1425464 wrote: I think the man is a sleaze bag, a pointless smooth talking piece of celebrity nothingness (I toned that down a lot)

But when they bring these charges, isn't there a proviso that it is in the Public interest ?

The most recent was 28 years ago, what sort of person carries this around for all those years and then reveals all so much later ?

I am not making light of anything that might have happened to these women, but shouldn't justice be swift to be affective?

Couldn't this gentleman be dealt with better by a heavy handed visit from the boys in blue to knock his credibility.............or is that what we are seeing now ?

Why Is he a sleeze bag ?

His job and the way he makes money may offend some but then, If we didn't have these Z list celebs desperate to stay In the public eye, he'd have no job.

Same as my Lawyer Nick Freeman. If footballers didn't drive up the M1 at 140 mph, he'd not be making a fortune defending them.

You could even argue that If people didn't break the law, the police would be out of work.

He Is a means to an end. That doesn't make him a sleeze bag.

Ironically, there Is people refusing to believe Rolph Harris Is not guilty.

So... It's down to the job they do. That's what you are perceiving, nothing else.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

Bruv;1425464 wrote: I think the man is a sleaze bag, a pointless smooth talking piece of celebrity nothingness (I toned that down a lot)

Well in savilles case the children were not believed at the time - in the recent bradford case nothing was done because then police believed they girls involved were asking for it. Half the time a woman calls rape people automatically assume she must have been asking for it. All the child abuse cases from the seventies and eighties that took place in children's homes nothing was done at the time because no one believed the children if you are in care you are by definition a non person. It's only recently the irish government has admitted there was abuse in the homes run by the Magdalene sisters and that went on in to the nineties. It's not really surprising people didn't come forward then. Must admit though with Clifford it does seem a bit unlikely same with rolf harris.
Oscar Namechange

I've just got a horrible feeling that this Saville case has gone too far and some of these claims are motivated by compensation.

I just don't believe It of Max Clifford who was absolutely devastated at the loss of his wife to cancer.

It now seems that If any woman was ever alone with a high profile celeb, out come these accusations on the back of the Savile case. Think what you like of Clifford but from what I have read about him as a family man, he seems an unlikely candidate.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Can never understand people who have a real down on celebrity culture - after all you don't have to watch reality programmes, get me out of here big brother and all that crap or read about them in the papers. The amazing thing is they always criticise with a level of detail that makes clear they do actually watch the programmes.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Max Clifford gives me the same feeling as Dickinson and Jeremy Kyle and funnily enough Saville used to, but without knowing why.

I don't think you can weigh up the dangers of any male, be they happily married or single.

The definition of indecent assault these days includes slapping a butt, I hope these allegations have more substance than that.
Oscar Namechange

I understand that victims feel more confident at coming forward now since the Savile case but Max Clifford and Rolph Harris !!!!!!!!!!!!! ????????????

I will remain very very suspicious as to why they have come forward after 30 years.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1425537 wrote:

I will remain very very suspicious as to why they have come forward after 30 years.

28 years minimum...............but yes, that was my point too.

Return to “Societal Issues News”