Benefity wszystkie?

Post by Bruv »

I am in two minds about this one.

Polish language website assisting Poles claim UK Benefits
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Bryn Mawr

Benefity wszystkie?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bruv;1449758 wrote: I am in two minds about this one.

Polish language website assisting Poles claim UK Benefits

As long as they've been here for a while and put something into the system I've no problem with it - those I've known generally speak quite good English but to work your way through our bureaucracy you need to know a lot of obscure terms that would be beyond most of them.
Bruv

Benefity wszystkie?

Post by Bruv »

Bryn Mawr;1449764 wrote: As long as they've been here for a while and put something into the system I've no problem with it - those I've known generally speak quite good English but to work your way through our bureaucracy you need to know a lot of obscure terms that would be beyond most of them.

I agree, Google translate the forum for some insight.

I understand interchangeable Benefits due to the EU, I can get that, but I also believe that benefits are payable in Poland after a period of residency here, don't get that.......if it's true.
Oscar Namechange

Benefity wszystkie?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Poles tend to have an excellent work ethic. I'd go as far as to say better than some British. I think most Polish coming to the UK genuinely want to work and for that I have no problem with them claiming benefit If they can't.

In actual fact, my Turkish pal favours Polish and Lithuanian workers over and above British and even Turkish for his outlets. They work like drains and are so clean In their work.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Týr

Benefity wszystkie?

Post by Týr »

Bruv;1449758 wrote: I am in two minds about this one.

It's rather like having Companies House in Welsh.

That Tebbit chap, and his "on your bike" thing to people up north when jobs were scarce up there, springs to mind. I don't recall the residents of Sussex complaining bitterly at a potential influx of Yorkshiremen. People from Yorkshire had, after all, a legal right to reside and work in Sussex. They weren't restricted by a quota system. There was a time when that wasn't true and any Yorkshireman found in Sussex would have been killed on sight - the Anglo-Saxon equivalent in 870AD of forced repatriation - so the Anglo-Saxons are evidently becoming more tolerant of foreigners.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
gmc

Benefity wszystkie?

Post by gmc »

Is it any different from sites advising people on getting work in the US, canada, australia france, germany austria?

That Tebbit chap, and his "on your bike" thing to people up north when jobs were scarce up there, springs to mind.

Ever tried getting a job "down south" when you have no permanent address in the area and have to contend with dickheads that believe anyone unemployed for more than a few months isn't really trying? (this despite moving down south to say london and stayiong in B & B while you job hunt).

Poles coming here and getting jobs are doing pretty well. If you have moved abroad to get a job you are going to take anything you can get as a stepping stone if nothing else. In a away in the UK we have too much of a culture that you should have a career with prospects rather than get a job. Reality is most jobs are hard graft or mind numbingly boring.
Bruv

Benefity wszystkie?

Post by Bruv »

Týr;1449792 wrote: It's rather like having Companies House in Welsh.

Well yes it is quite a bit different, but I do see what you are saying.

gmc;1449798 wrote: Is it any different from sites advising people on getting work in the US, canada, australia france, germany austria?

Yes it is different, it's not offering work advice, it offering Benefit advice.

My own experience of Poles at work has two sides too.

In the work place both Poles I have worked beside were self motivated and very good at the job they were doing.......and thoroughly decent fellows.

Outside that work place, the flat above the shop I rented for several years was maintained by Poles who incidently had replaced the local English company that had done it previously.

A shower and the electricity circuit it was attached to kept blowing the circuit breakers until the circuit involved was condemned by an out of hours English electrician who couldn't believe what he saw.The tenant was a young Polish girl with no obvious means of support, meaning she was home all day except for when she picked up her child from school, the loud music was testiment to her presence. She was often 'away' for several weeks at a time and the word was she had 'gone home' for a visit.

Return to “Societal Issues News”