Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson Explains His Persective Of God's Love

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Phil Robertson Delivers Speech About Family Of Atheists Getting Raped And Killed (Audio) - The New Civil Rights MovementPhil Robertson's comments are usually controversial, and Friday's were no exception. The "Duck Dynasty" dad was the keynote speaker at the Vero Beach Prayer Breakfast in Florida, where the faithful paid up to $100 a plate to hear him speak. Photos of the event show hundreds in attendance.

And speak he did. Robertson's tirade validates almost every criticism atheists maintain towards so called religious individuals such as him. Robertson is an atheist in denial, and denial can cause humans to say and do some crazy crap. Nowhere in his rant does Robertson defend the existence of a god, he only defends the fear factor of belief in one. It's revealing as to why they hunt and kill and are intolerant of opposing views. It's all about fear, denial and standing at the ready to employ violent responses to any resistance. And these theists were lapping it all up.

But I'm sure the theists here at FG have been all over this by denouncing Robertson's speech and writing to the network that airs his hit tv show? In fact I'm surprised none of you brought this to our attention first to show support for atheism. Funny, that.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

What a load of crap.

You are seriously putting this guy forward as the face of people of faith? LMAO!!!

The guy is a reality show personality(whose ratings are dropping btw) and some folks are entertained listening to him talk. He's an idiot. But we still allow idiots to talk(ie kardashians)
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1476606 wrote: Phil Robertson Delivers Speech About Family Of Atheists Getting Raped And Killed (Audio) - The New Civil Rights Movement Robertson's tirade validates almost every criticism atheists maintain towards so called religious individuals such as him. Robertson is an atheist in denial, and denial can cause humans to say and do some crazy crap. Nowhere in his rant does Robertson defend the existence of a god, he only defends the fear factor of belief in one. It's revealing as to why they hunt and kill and are intolerant of opposing views. It's all about fear, denial and standing at the ready to employ violent responses to any resistance. And these theists were lapping it all up.

But I'm sure the theists here at FG have been all over this by denouncing Robertson's speech and writing to the network that airs his hit tv show? In fact I'm surprised none of you brought this to our attention first to show support for atheism. Funny, that.

Figured you'd be all over that. I was just reading it this morning. I dismissed the Duck Dynasty crowd years ago. Old Phil is loonie. I think he has really gone over the top with that rant, and even a lot of the more radical Christians should be bailing from his Bateau after that garbage spew was made public.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

flopstock;1476607 wrote: What a load of crap.

You are seriously putting this guy forward as the face of people of faith? LMAO!!!

The guy is a reality show personality(whose ratings are dropping btw) and some folks are entertained listening to him talk. He's an idiot. But we still allow idiots to talk(ie kardashians)I didn't invite Robertson to speak at the prayer breakfast, nor did I pay to listen. My only purpose is to denounce his speech. And you? You turn this on me? LMAO!!! back at ya.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1476608 wrote: Figured you'd be all over that. I was just reading it this morning. I dismissed the Duck Dynasty crowd years ago. Old Phil is loonie. I think he has really gone over the top with that rant, and even a lot of the more radical Christians should be bailing from his Bateau after that garbage spew was made public.Someone here at FG needs to be since "the faithful" weren't. I gave this days to see if any of you would bring it up, if for no other reason than to either just laugh at it or get out in front of it.

Tell me, LM, were you going to start a thread on it today?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1476613 wrote: Someone here at FG needs to be since "the faithful" weren't. I gave this days to see if any of you would bring it up, if for no other reason than to either just laugh at it or get out in front of it.

Tell me, LM, were you going to start a thread on it today?

It had crossed my mind. But you beat me to it.

Perhaps we should start a new forum area to focus on stupid human tricks. with sub forums designated for specific faiths and philosophies.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Don't know the man, don't know of his fame other than a quick search, but..........................I would never ever give any credence to anybody that looks like him or says such things as "Liberals Are Worse Than Hitler, Stalin, And ISIS"

The man is a knob
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1476615 wrote: It had crossed my mind. But you beat me to it.

Perhaps we should start a new forum area to focus on stupid human tricks. with sub forums designated for specific faiths and philosophies.We have one, it's called religion.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1476616 wrote: Don't know the man, don't know of his fame other than a quick search, but..........................I would never ever give any credence to anybody that looks like him or says such things as "Liberals Are Worse Than Hitler, Stalin, And ISIS"

The man is a knob

Bingo
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

'Duck Dynasty' Ratings Continue to Slip With 3.9M Viewers in Episode 2 of Season 6The A&E reality show "Duck Dynasty" continued to decline in its second episode of season six, attracting 3.9 million viewers and obtaining a 1.5 Nielsen score for adults 18 to 49.

This Wednesday's numbers are down from the show's season six premiere on June 11 that wrangled in 4.6 million viewers and earned a 1.8 Nielsen rating for ages 18 to 49. Despite season six's low ratings, the reality show still manages to be the top cable telecast for Wednesday night....

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Bruv;1476616 wrote: Don't know the man, don't know of his fame other than a quick search, but..........................I would never ever give any credence to anybody that looks like him or says such things as "Liberals Are Worse Than Hitler, Stalin, And ISIS"

The man is a knobHere they are when they're not in character.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Even worse !!!!!!
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Return to “Societal Issues News”