Saudi Arabia Financed the Killers of American Troops I Commanded

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I don't believe we should have ever had troops in either Afghanistan or Iraq. We should have bombed Saudi Arabia instead.

"Recently, the crimes of the Saudi government managed to pierce the Trump-all-the-time-Kanye-West-sometimes media-entertainment complex due to Riyadh’s likely murder of dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi. That the U.S.-Saudi relationship is, however briefly, coming under the proverbial microscope is a good thing. Still, it is astonishing that this incident—rather than dozens of other crimes—finally garnered attention. Even so, President Trump appears reluctant to cancel his negotiated $110 billion record arms deal with the kingdom.

For me, it’s personal. Saudi Arabia’s fingerprints—both of its government and private-citizen donors—have been all over America’s various opponents these past 17 years of war. I patrolled the streets and suburbs of Baghdad from 2006 to 2007. Sunni Islamist insurgents, which were funded by the Saudis, shot a few of my soldiers and paralyzed one permanently. We regularly found Saudi Wahhabi Islamist literature in the homes and caches of our insurgent enemies."

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/what- ... th-riyadh/
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
gmc

Post by gmc »

Ahso!;1521040 wrote: I don't believe we should have ever had troops in either Afghanistan or Iraq. We should have bombed Saudi Arabia instead.

"Recently, the crimes of the Saudi government managed to pierce the Trump-all-the-time-Kanye-West-sometimes media-entertainment complex due to Riyadh’s likely murder of dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi. That the U.S.-Saudi relationship is, however briefly, coming under the proverbial microscope is a good thing. Still, it is astonishing that this incident—rather than dozens of other crimes—finally garnered attention. Even so, President Trump appears reluctant to cancel his negotiated $110 billion record arms deal with the kingdom.

For me, it’s personal. Saudi Arabia’s fingerprints—both of its government and private-citizen donors—have been all over America’s various opponents these past 17 years of war. I patrolled the streets and suburbs of Baghdad from 2006 to 2007. Sunni Islamist insurgents, which were funded by the Saudis, shot a few of my soldiers and paralyzed one permanently. We regularly found Saudi Wahhabi Islamist literature in the homes and caches of our insurgent enemies."

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/what- ... th-riyadh/

They've known right from the very beginning saudi was behind all of this saidi terrorists destroy the twin towers and Afghanistan gets invaded - you couldn't make it up
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Stories that Saudi Princes in the past bailed Trump out from bankruptcy twice... I see he's saying maybe it's not the Saudis after all. First overseas visit as President? Saudi Arabia, wasn't it?

Looks to me as if the US President is making himself an accessory after the fact to murder. And of course he won't want his finances in relation to Saudi Arabia looked at too closely. Big personal business deals done on that visit, no doubt!
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

you cant get rid of the Saudi's....they fund your country...get rid of the suadi's and you're ****ed. Don't you know what your oil price is based on? don't you really understand why the USA keeps going on about Iran?.....do I have to do the wibbly wobbly video to make you remember why?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame;1521189 wrote: you cant get rid of the Saudi's....they fund your country...get rid of the suadi's and you're ****ed. Don't you know what your oil price is based on? don't you really understand why the USA keeps going on about Iran?.....do I have to do the wibbly wobbly video to make you remember why?

You are right. We are so far up the Saudis' *** we'll never see daylight.

I have long thought that we would have been better off to ally with Iran than with the Saudis. That, or stayed out of the region altogether (My personal first choice.)
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

It's odd to see quite how old His Royal Highness the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, or MbS, has become over the last year. In this week's publicity video nobody would guess he claims to be in his mid thirties, he could pass for twice that. The burden of office must be weighing on him.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... rge-royals

How anyone ends up looking that worn out that quickly I'm not sure. Maybe he needs a health check.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Ummm, perhaps, I'm confused?

That guy in the pic looks pretty young for 84. He is not MbS, the Crown Prince. He is the King.

The Crown Prince, Mohamed Bin Salman Al Saud, MbS, is only 34.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1531187 wrote: Ummm, perhaps, I'm confused?

That guy in the pic looks pretty young for 84. He is not MbS, the Crown Prince. He is the King.

The Crown Prince, Mohamed Bin Salman Al Saud, MbS, is only 34.

I had two links and the one I ought perhaps to have put was https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... -crackdown

That's the chap who's looking old in the video, not the King. The photo is two years old so that's what MbS looked like before.

After all this, I can't actually find where the video from this week is any longer. Maybe it's on the BBC. I'll find it and add it here.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Societal Issues News”