The Specter of Specter

Political photo parodies, jokes, and more!
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

The Specter of Specter

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

If you take a look at Senator Specter's website you will see a picture of a man looking about 50 or so, definitely not the 79 year old that he is. It's either a really old picture or someone did a bang up job of retouching. Either way it's phony, not unlike the man himself it appears. A member of the Senate since 1980, he suddenly is faced with the possibility of not being re-elected or even winning a primary election within his party he decides rather than face the voters based on his voting record, he simply changes the game. :thinking:

If you had any doubt about the lack of integrity or degree of opportunism found in any politician, this strategy should give you pause to reconsider. On the other hand I am still trying to figure out why a 79 year old is running for re-election anyway. What is it that drives a politician to believe they have the right to a job forever or that unlike the rest of us it isn't time to move on at some point? Can it be that politicians are so much more valuable than other people they avoid the logic of stirring up a pail of water and shortly after withdrawing your hand there is no evidence you were ever there? :o

Arlen may be a nice guy, I don't know the man, but it's time to switch careers not parties. Doesn't he know he can get one of those ride on carts for free under Medicare? :wah:

From the Wall Street Journal, "The 79-year-old senator said he received the results of his own internal poll late last week indicating his chance of winning the primary were "bleak." In a news conference Tuesday, he ticked off a series of recent defeats that Democrats inflicted on Republicans after conservatives in the party challenged GOP moderates -- Senate seats in Rhode Island and New Mexico, House seats in Maryland and Michigan."
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
Kindle

The Specter of Specter

Post by Kindle »

He may think he is clever. I think his actions are shameful.

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
Clint

The Specter of Specter

Post by Clint »

He switched so he would have a better chance of staying in the Senate. If it was because he had concluded he couldn't vote Republican anymore because his values had shifted it would be different. Even then, he was elected as a Republican with the support of the Republican party. He has betrayed those who supported him to be elected and those who voted for him.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
qsducks

The Specter of Specter

Post by qsducks »

Clint;1181726 wrote: He switched so he would have a better chance of staying in the Senate. If it was because he had concluded he couldn't vote Republican anymore because his values had shifted it would be different. Even then, he was elected as a Republican with the support of the Republican party. He has betrayed those who supported him to be elected and those who voted for him.

He was originally a Democrat out of Philadelphia. Yeah, I would agree that he would lose the Repub primary to Pat Toomey who is a complete arsehole...but then again I did vote for Spector yrs ago...but then again also, I thought I was voting for a moderate and what does he do? Oh yes, he voted for those two ultra conservative judges for the Supreme court:-5. I will vote for whomever is going to run against him in the Democratic primaries...he's a fake.:-5
Clint

The Specter of Specter

Post by Clint »

qsducks;1181939 wrote: He was originally a Democrat out of Philadelphia. Yeah, I would agree that he would lose the Repub primary to Pat Toomey who is a complete arsehole...but then again I did vote for Spector yrs ago...but then again also, I thought I was voting for a moderate and what does he do? Oh yes, he voted for those two ultra conservative judges for the Supreme court:-5. I will vote for whomever is going to run against him in the Democratic primaries...he's a fake.:-5

It's the fake part that galls me about him.:(
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
qsducks

The Specter of Specter

Post by qsducks »

Clint;1182149 wrote: It's the fake part that galls me about him.:(

Well, he's not going to get my vote this time. Taken for a ride with him...let me outta the car please:-5. I usually split my ticket but I'm done with that.

Return to “Political Humor Satire”