Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (30)

Political photo parodies, jokes, and more!
reedak

Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (30)

Post by reedak »

Narrator: The priest was riding a white horse like the wind towards the old man's mountain fortress which was a magnificent castle built on top of a high rock reaching 2000 m above sea level.

On the way, he found an old man sitting on a high wall of a large building.

Priest: Hi, Old Man of the Mountain!

Old man: No, I am not the Old Man of the Mountain. I am his twin brother.

Priest: Don't pull my leg. You really resemble the Old Man of the Mountain.

Old man: If I were my twin brother, I would have that super magic power to fly over the wall like a bird. I won't end up in such a precarious position on the wall, thinking how to jump down safely to enter my summer resort through the back door.

Priest: Why don't you enter your summer resort through the main entrance?

Old man: I am running a four-yearly election against my twin brother for the post of Lord of the Mountain Castle. Thousands of protesters are blocking the main entrance to my summer resort as they turned violent against my proposed ban on immigration of a certain religious group and deportation of all illegal immigrants from the region. Hence I detoured around the walls to the back of the building, so that I can sneak inside by climbing over this wall.

Priest: If your election campaign continues to be dogged by protestors, I suggest that you should take up some parkour lessons to overcome all barriers and obstacles, otherwise you may end up like the character in my "haiku".

High wall,

Humpty Dumpty falls,

Boom!

Old man: What rubbish are you reciting? Stop poking fun at me! Leave me alone!

Priest: Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. Seeing you sitting precariously on the wall just reminds me of Humpty Dumpty.

Old man: Anyway, I don't have any more time for your nonsense. I have to jump down now. High on the wall, I can see some protesters coming in this direction. I don't want them to see me in this awkward situation. Goodbye!

Narrator: After saying those words, the old man jumped down with a boom. Whether he came out alive or not, the priest did not know as he could not see the other side of the wall. With his horse breaking into a furious gallop, he continued his journey towards the old man's mountain fortress.

Return to “Political Humor Satire”