When Does Human Life Begin?

Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

crazygal;567094 wrote: Sorry Jimbo, I didn't know about you. I was just being honest, myself I couldn't do it but at least you know how wanted you were.

or how little but my gran loved more than anything
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

jimbo;567104 wrote: or how little but my gran loved more than anything

Yeah I remember you saying.
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

Spoken to someone who is the child (now adult) of someone who was raped and I've never heard their side before. I would have thought they would be bitter and hate but I've changed how I feel after speaking to them.

Although I still couldn't go through it myself, it really takes someone special to accept it and make the most of their life.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

Far Rider;567345 wrote: Red, I understand you might disagree. not a problem with me at all.

What could have been... is my point, when we abort a child no matter what the circumstance we rob the world of that being, forever. No second chances under those circumstances.

Mothers are amazing beings to me, so full of love for their child, and after all even as a result of rape, its half her. 44 weeks is a long time to carry, and grow attached to a child, anything can happen including a change of mind, and the ability of a mother to turn around and undo the horrible act by investing in the life of one to be is quite possibly a good way to do it.

The resulted pregnancy from rape doesnt have to be negitive.

promiscuity is a two way street, both the man and woman are guilty of it, I did not put a gender on my statement.

Don't worry Red amny many many often do disagree with em and dont repsect what I say, doesn't bother me in the least!:)

i am that child , my children would not be here ,maybe some could argue i have had a crap life bought up by two people that never wanted or loved me ,but look at my children , my beautiful children then tell them they have no right to exhist ,:-4
AnnaE

Post by AnnaE »

jimbo;566888 wrote: are you saying that a child of a rapist has no right to live ...:(

When did I ever say that? :thinking:
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

AnnaE;566872 wrote: Do you honestly think that the child of a rapist can live with knowing that he/she was in fact conceived that way? Even adopted children often goes through a hard time sometimes in their lives, how the hell would a child or adult be able to deal with the fact that he/she is the spawn of a rapist?

And you obviously have no idea what a raped woman goes through.

It's not only about being "given the chance to live his/her life", the main concern here is, what kind of life would that be?

AnnaE;567680 wrote: When did I ever say that? :thinking:

I think it was those statements that gave Jim that impression.
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

My 2 cents....

I've been raped, but was by the man I was married to...was horrifying...couldn't imagine a stranger doing it. he did it out of hate after our marriage was over and needed to control a situation.

I am Pro-life, I've stayed out of this thread due to it's contriversial content.

I believe that life begins the minute sperm permatrates the egg.

I don't believe in abortion, not even due to rape.

My heart goes out to those that have that in their history and thankful that God saw you through it all:-4 :-6
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I am coming back in here because I feel it would be better if I clarified some things I said rather than leave them hanging there. I hope I don't end up making things worse, that is not my intention.

When I said I would not respect a woman who raised a child conceived of rape, what I should have said is that I would not respect her *any more than* any other woman. Meaning if she chose to keep it or abort, it would not affect my opinion of her either way, high or low.

I know there are many cases of rape but when I think of it, I think of a case of a stranger rather than someone known to the woman and it upsets me so much I shake.

If I were in that situation, I would not be able to raise the child because every time I looked at him or her, I would see the rapist and think of what happened and my hatred for such evil would come through. Kids are not dumb. They would know this. So because I would not be capable of pulling it off, and I know there are other women like me, I want the option to abort to be available to all women if so they can choose what is best for themselves.

I feel the woman's best interests come before that of any unborn child in any case, rape or other..

Forcing a woman to give birth for any reason is wrong and inhumane as I see it. I will not stutter on that.

The problem is not the child. Obviously a kid born under that situation is the same as any other kid and I did not mean to imply otherwise or that i would fault the child. Every kid deserves to be loved and looked on with joy. As I said earlier I would not be able to pull that off and I think too much of kids to put them in that situation. I know what you might be thinking when I say that but please don't go there because yes I would.

Far, it's true I cannot respect your stance on this or on promiscuity but that was not a slag against you. I know you're as opinionated as I am, which can only be a good thing :sneaky: and I'm sure this won't be the only stuff we disagree on. I expect we will agree on some things as well.

I felt like I should come back and try to clean up my mess. Jim's comments and situation have given me a new angle to consider. As did Adam Zapple. Mostly though I am sickened that I may have hurt Jimbo. I consider you a good friend and I am so angry with myself for shooting off my mouth not realizing there may be people here who know a whole different side of things than I do. I hope you will forgive me in time. I am sorry I hurt you, Jim. I am deeply sorry. :-1

Red
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

RedGlitter;567741 wrote: I am coming back in here because I feel it would be better if I clarified some things I said rather than leave them hanging there. I hope I don't end up making things worse, that is not my intention.

When I said I would not respect a woman who raised a child conceived of rape, what I should have said is that I would not respect her *any more than* any other woman. Meaning if she chose to keep it or abort, it would not affect my opinion of her either way, high or low.

I know there are many cases of rape but when I think of it, I think of a case of a stranger rather than someone known to the woman and it upsets me so much I shake.

If I were in that situation, I would not be able to raise the child because every time I looked at him or her, I would see the rapist and think of what happened and my hatred for such evil would come through. Kids are not dumb. They would know this. So because I would not be capable of pulling it off, and I know there are other women like me, I want the option to abort to be available to all women if so they can choose what is best for themselves.

I feel the woman's best interests come before that of any unborn child in any case, rape or other..

Forcing a woman to give birth for any reason is wrong and inhumane as I see it. I will not stutter on that.

The problem is not the child. Obviously a kid born under that situation is the same as any other kid and I did not mean to imply otherwise or that i would fault the child. Every kid deserves to be loved and looked on with joy. As I said earlier I would not be able to pull that off and I think too much of kids to put them in that situation. I know what you might be thinking when I say that but please don't go there because yes I would.

Far, it's true I cannot respect your stance on this or on promiscuity but that was not a slag against you. I know you're as opinionated as I am, which can only be a good thing :sneaky: and I'm sure this won't be the only stuff we disagree on. I expect we will agree on some things as well.

I felt like I should come back and try to clean up my mess. Jim's comments and situation have given me a new angle to consider. As did Adam Zapple. Mostly though I am sickened that I may have hurt Jimbo. I consider you a good friend and I am so angry with myself for shooting off my mouth not realizing there may be people here who know a whole different side of things than I do. I hope you will forgive me in time. I am sorry I hurt you, Jim. I am deeply sorry. :-1

Red

red i promise i'm not upset with anyone ,you all have your own opinions on everything written here on f g ,i was just thinking that was my opinion thats all every good thread ,its just a little a little to close for me maybe i should not of posted here at all sorry if i offended any one :-4
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Jim, I know you didn't offend me. I doubt you offended anyone. I think it's a good thing you spoke up because you gave us views we may not have considered. A really, really important viewpoint. I'm glad you're not unhappy with me. :-4
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Far Rider;568138 wrote: Red, your a true 'gentlelady'.:-4

:o Thank you Far. That means a lot to me. :)
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

You'd forgotten the option "When the act occurs, mutually, that potentially creates a fertilized egg"

And conversely enough to the point of ignorance you'd forgotten the option of "When junior gets a job!"
Okie

Post by Okie »

K.Snyder;1261979 wrote: You'd forgotten the option "When the act occurs, mutually, that potentially creates a fertilized egg"

And conversely enough to the point of ignorance you'd forgotten the option of "When junior gets a job!"

I feel that since death is pronounced when brain activity ceases it follows that life begins when brain activity starts. I dont know when that is. But I feel when they keep any body alive with artificial means it is wrong. I do not want that for me.

I had a niece who was repeqatedly raped by her father. I did not know it until after his death. Her sister told me about it. She had to help her clean up after each time. I think it would be very wrong if she had got pregnant and had to go through nine months of childbearing and pain and very likely her child would have suffered from being inbred. Most laws about abortion take into account if the reason is from rape. I am not sure if a little girl would have to go to court and accuse and prove her dad actually raped her and still have to live with her dad in his house while going thru that.

I expect many many girls are raped by a brother or father and do not speak of it.

Return to “Abortion”