Gun grabbers speak freely (thanks to you and me..)

Captain Ray

Post by Captain Ray »

I am not sure where Bill was going with that.. but..

Yeah.. of course you want to store your guns safely.. Not just to protect the kiddos'.. I don't want some burgler getting at them either. I do want quick access to them if I need them..

I have several different layers of protection for/from my guns.. I have a cabinet which locks, I have a safe inside the cabinet which locks.. and all rifle/shotguns (with the exception of the mossy) have trigger locks. I have also let the kids shoot my guns. Nothing impresses upon a youngster the power of a rifle/shotgun/pistol more than letting them shoot one! It's a thrill.. yes, of course it is.. but it is a thrill that requires a great deal of respect, and at least in my home, it requires adult supervision.

Raymond
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Captain Ray wrote: I am not sure where Bill was going with that.. but..

Yeah.. of course you want to store your guns safely.. Not just to protect the kiddos'.. I don't want some burgler getting at them either. I do want quick access to them if I need them..

I have several different layers of protection for/from my guns.. I have a cabinet which locks, I have a safe inside the cabinet which locks.. and all rifle/shotguns (with the exception of the mossy) have trigger locks. I have also let the kids shoot my guns. Nothing impresses upon a youngster the power of a rifle/shotgun/pistol more than letting them shoot one! It's a thrill.. yes, of course it is.. but it is a thrill that requires a great deal of respect, and at least in my home, it requires adult supervision.

Raymond

When I was young, my parents and I were visiting friends of thiers at thier home. Thier son, with my parent's permission, took me out back and showed me how to use his BB gun. How to aim and shoot safely . It was only one, brief, half hour or so lesson, bt I think I did learn alot.
KARENSVINEYARD

Post by KARENSVINEYARD »

cherandbuster wrote: What kind of a MAN does that?

Oh yeah the coward kind

right ya are there cherandbuster, right ya are.

Return to “Gun Control”