Oh great!

Discuss Mental Health topics & issues.
Indian Princess

Oh great!

Post by Indian Princess »

Three years ago I went to the doctors office for one thing and was diagnosed with ADHD well, being the 36 year old in denial I said WHAT. and started laughing in my doctors face, four months later I was back and asked for a prescription, it took 4 to 6 months for them to get the dosing correct which made m life hell. for the next 2 and a 1/2 years it was great!!!!

This week all week, it is as though my Ritalin has completely stopped working, I work a high stress occupation filing 300 prescriptions a day, dealing with insurances and irate patients, my boss who is the head pharmacist is a toal nut case in denial and at times way over the limit.

If you have adhd please.................................. share what works for you, I have to speed up the effect time bitten tabs in half and downed a cup of tea, coca-cola,

but ritalin is very short acting.
Betty Boop

Oh great!

Post by Betty Boop »

Thats interesting, my son has aspergers and his doctor wanted to put him on Ritalin, I researched it on the net and said no way. One thing I discovered was that it doesn't actually work long term, my son is nine and it made me wonder if he took Ritilan now what would he be taking by the time he was sixteen.

I know this is of no help to you but it reaffirms my decision not to allow my son to have it.

What exactly does it do for you when it does work IP?
Carl44

Oh great!

Post by Carl44 »

Indian Princess;556875 wrote: Three years ago I went to the doctors office for one thing and was diagnosed with ADHD well, being the 36 year old in denial I said WHAT. and started laughing in my doctors face, four months later I was back and asked for a prescription, it took 4 to 6 months for them to get the dosing correct which made m life hell. for the next 2 and a 1/2 years it was great!!!!

This week all week, it is as though my Ritalin has completely stopped working, I work a high stress occupation filing 300 prescriptions a day, dealing with insurances and irate patients, my boss who is the head pharmacist is a toal nut case in denial and at times way over the limit.

If you have adhd please.................................. share what works for you, I have to speed up the effect time bitten tabs in half and downed a cup of tea, coca-cola,

but ritalin is very short acting.

ouch that kinda sucks , i hope you getted sorted out ,well done for managing to keep that high stress job down ,i cant help at all but just wanted to give you some support :-6 :-6
Tater Tazz

Oh great!

Post by Tater Tazz »

Hope everything works out for you. If you have to get another doctors opion.
Indian Princess

Oh great!

Post by Indian Princess »

Called my doctor and you know what, he stated that since I am pms-ing!!!

That hormones can affect my Ritalin, asked a doctor who was calling in a prescription and she said "OH YEAH" give it a few days.

My adhd appeared when I was diagnosed with peri-menopause and will dissapear probably when I am oooooooooooooh 100 years old or thru menopause whichever comes first.

For me without Ritalin and trying to focus, where multiple sounds and voices are all day everyday(like stock exchange of WallStreet) imagine yourself sitting in the middle of a merrygo-round and there is a complete circle of people and all shouting something at the same time, now try to distinguish ONE person, with Ritalin I CAN do that! Thanks everyone.
Birdy

Oh great!

Post by Birdy »

There's also another medicin for people with ADHD, it's called concerta. Maybe that'll work for you?

It's weird that it's stopped working all of the sudden, I've never heard of that.

My boyfriend has ADHD too, but doesn't use medicin anymore. He's used it from age 7 till 16, and was fed up with it. Now he just handles it himself, which is though, but it works for him. I hardly notice he has ADHD. Sometimes he's a little hyperactive, but that I can handle.

I hope this'll help, if not, that's ok too. :P
Debra

Oh great!

Post by Debra »

My youngest son has adhd and he is on adderall.
laneybug

Oh great!

Post by laneybug »

This may be a leap.... but what about thinking about another job?? If it's taking such a toll on you, why wouldn't that be one possible thing to think about? Perhaps the job itself is agitating your existing condition?

Another thing I'd look into is different medication or adjusting the dose of the one you're on. If you've been on the current dose for some time now, it may have lost it's affect or you've become tolerant to it and may need an increase. That happens a lot.

Anyway... good luck!
It is better to have your mind opened by wonder

than closed by belief.

Return to “Mental Health”