mammograms? did i spell that right??

Issues relating specifically to women's health.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I'm feelin' your pain, I'm well over due for one and have been putting off, I'm behind ya, probably a few more months 'till some people really start yellin' at me...

I'm not jealous of you this ONE time!!:-4
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Do you have a buddy to call to remind you every month to do a self check? This is a program we have in this area, called "Buddy Check". Ladies call a buddy on the 3rd of every month to remind them to do a self-examination. Just a way to help prevent breast cancer or to catch it in the early stages.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

along-for-the-ride;586422 wrote: Do you have a buddy to call to remind you every month to do a self check? This is a program we have in this area, called "Buddy Check". Ladies call a buddy on the 3rd of every month to remind them to do a self-examination. Just a way to help prevent breast cancer or to catch it in the early stages.

Never heard of that before, what a great idea!:yh_idea
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Good luck, Floppie. It is time for me to make that appointment too..............:p
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Dr. Ann's 10-Steps to Prevent Breast Cancer
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

My Mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer at the young age of 50, so I started my exams early at the age of around 35 or so. I have been due for my 3rd now for about 3 years. I really get fussed at and I know I should!!:-5 :-5
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Flop

Many women are called back in for additional views - so they could be nervous.

I have my mammo on a regular schedule, my birthday - had a lump removed a few years ago.

So I wear a bathing suit to my exam - its a great idea actually - no dressing room needed - no gown needed - just drop your straps. No fuss - in & out..

I think a mammo has alot to do with them going south.!!

Wendy - you've never heard of buddy check day - its been out for years and I think its a great idea. If women had all their exams around their birthday - we wouldn't forget and it would be on a regular schedule. Its important.

When was the last time everyone had their exam?

When was the last time you checked / tested yourself - its important.

Patsy
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

My mammogram found cancer. I beat the cancer. I was bald and very sick for 7 months. So if anyone wants someone to strong with..............it is ME!!!!!
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper

Return to “Women's Health”