When ghosts aren't invisible

Discuss the metaphysical.
koan

Post by koan »

It has come up a few times that I converse with ghosts. I thought I'd start a thread on it. I don't see or hear them like 'real' people. I do see their movement and their auras. Ghosts are everywhere. I am glad I do not see them like they are alive. It would be very confusing.

Spirits of people passed away are different than ghosts. You can talk to the spirit of dead people anytime you want and you call them to you. They will always hear.

When I have 'channeled' spirits for people I always find it interesting how they continually say "Tell him/her that ...." Like the spirit didn't just hear what was said or I need to be there for them to tell the person how they feel. I needed to be there to give the response only.

For those who disbelieve. I didn't believe it either. That is the hardest part of getting good at it is doubting oneself. I have had a large number of what I consider proofs to know that I am not just crazy. Though I am crazy in a number of other ways. ;)

Ghosts and spirits have a sense of humour. One told me his name was "Tom" then he said "Dick" of course "Harry" was next. Strangely enough it seemed to prove to the client that her father was really there. I just say what I hear.
Jives

Post by Jives »

That is totally cool. Koan. I believe you implicitly.

Of course, I know a ghost, and I've been to the other side (very shorty) before, so that certainly helps me to believe.

What a wonderful gift you have. Why do you think God gave it to you? :o
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

Wow! Have you always had this ability? This is really interesting.
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

Do spirits have to be channeled for them to hear us? Do all spirits stick around...or just some? Ever encountered a mean spirit? Ever been spooked? Ever had difficulty contacting a spirit? I didn't watch my first scary movie until I was 21. I think I would freak totally out if I had this ability.
koan

Post by koan »

As often happens, I was born 'open' to other realities but lost it for a while. I actually remember the moment. I was plagued with hallucinations when I was about seven. Horrible things would appear in the dark. I would sit there screaming until my parents ran in and turned on the lights then everything would disappear. I made a pact. I would give up my clairvoyance if the hallucinations would go away. They stopped and I became 'normal'.

I'm sure there is a bunch of psychiatry to explain this away. Anyway.

I reawakened in my twenties. I had been doing all kinds of physical healing through touch and psychic readings then immediately pushed it out of my mind. It scared the crap out of me. Then, finally, I got chased around my house by a ghost until I admitted I could see and hear him. Then it was all over. Everything flooded back and I could hardly function for about a month. Then it was a long process of learning to control it all. It is not my career to be a psychic. I don't want to be that crazy lady down the street. In fact, I'll go for months when my life gets crazy without being conscious of anything psychic whatsoever. Then when things calm down I start to notice things again. Or if someone asks and really needs me to help them.

Also very common: for all the great information and tips I give other people my own life is a mess. And no, you can't use it to win the lottery. :-1
koan

Post by koan »

I don't know why I have this 'gift'. I'm waiting to find out. And hoping. I think it would be grand if it turned out I have some great purpose.

Not all spirits hang around but they alway come around when you are speaking to them...or even just thinking of them. Usually the ones that hang around are doing so because they feel they are needed or want to be a part of their families lives. They can also hang around to see resolution whether they participate in it or not. Ghosts usually hang around the place they died, the place they lived (if not the same) or at a relative's house. Any place they feel attached to.

There are also psychic imprints most often refered to at places of battle or extreme emotional events. In this case the actual atmosphere holds the imprint of the event which can be perceived by some as if it is still happening.

I have met a couple of scary ghosts but not been harassed by them. Once was while filming in a mental institute. I kinda ran away. I didn't want them to know I could hear or feel them. One of them tried to touch me. That was the freakiest. They are like dogs that way, though. You don't want them to smell fear.
Peg

Post by Peg »

My best friend died when I was 18. He used to come to me in dreams at a rough time in my life. Once things calmed down, the last dream I had he said "Remember I'm always here for you" and kissed me goodbye. That dream was probably 20 years ago and I remember it so well, remember the feeling, but have never dreamt of him again. I believe he knew I was okay and figures I can handle pretty much anything now. Still, I miss him and miss the dreams.
koan

Post by koan »

Dreams are a great way for them to contact us. You are very lucky. You can still talk to him to tell him you miss him. It would be interesting if you ask for a sign that he is alright...but then it is really hard to notice signs in the busy lives we lead. And then we usually write them off as 'coincidence'.

BTW I'm most certainly no expert. I know people much more experienced than I and am in awe of others I haven't met.
David813

Post by David813 »

As someone that is skeptical of the existence of ghosts, etc. I still wonder sometimes. I think I mentioned this before on FG but when my nephew was 3 years old (about 6 years ago) and at my mothers on a weekend, months after my beloved Grandmother passed (GG to my nephew) he stood in front of me. I was seated in a recliner and he was looking about 2 feet above my head. Staring. Fearing he had spotted a spider or worse I whirled around and saw nothing. When I asked what he was looking at he replied "I was watching GG, there!" All of us were chilled and shocked as she had passed away nearly a year earlier and she was not mentioned at all that day beforehand. I still shiver when I think of it. He was too young for practical jokes and ghosts don't exist. Or do they? I wonder all the time if she WAS really there that day. We miss her terribly.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

Do you take requests?
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
David813

Post by David813 »

devist8me wrote: Do you take requests?:confused: Not sure what you mean.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

koan

Post by koan »

If there is something really important...or if I get something that I feel is 'real' I can "take requests" but there are no guarantees. It is really nice to give information and get proof that it is true. I'm still my biggest skeptic. It helps keep me honest.

devist8me your problem/question is interesting. I can't give you the answer absolutely but I might be able to give you helpful clues. It might be fun to try. But it has to be out of interest only. I couldn't let you put too much faith in what I may tell you.
koan

Post by koan »

David.

Children and pets are the most perceptive to ghosts. I"m not even sure if they understand the difference between ghosts and living people.
john8pies

Post by john8pies »

I won`t say I disbelieve in ghosts, only that I have never encountered one , which makes it harder to believe. That said, I have no reason to dispute other people`s genuine stories about them.
David813

Post by David813 »

koan wrote: David.

Children and pets are the most perceptive to ghosts. I"m not even sure if they understand the difference between ghosts and living people.That is fascinating for sure koan. My cat, like most I think, always looks abruptly here and there. I hope my Grandmother was there with us that day. I just can't shake the spooked feeling about it all.

capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

David813 wrote: As someone that is skeptical of the existence of ghosts, etc. I still wonder sometimes. I think I mentioned this before on FG but when my nephew was 3 years old (about 6 years ago) and at my mothers on a weekend, months after my beloved Grandmother passed (GG to my nephew) he stood in front of me. I was seated in a recliner and he was looking about 2 feet above my head. Staring. Fearing he had spotted a spider or worse I whirled around and saw nothing. When I asked what he was looking at he replied "I was watching GG, there!" All of us were chilled and shocked as she had passed away nearly a year earlier and she was not mentioned at all that day beforehand. I still shiver when I think of it. He was too young for practical jokes and ghosts don't exist. Or do they? I wonder all the time if she WAS really there that day. We miss her terribly.On a wall in a cemetary in Dublin Ireland, it is posted No Internment. We shall rise again
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

Koan... I am sitting here wiping my eyes -while I read this thread...I did a terrible thing to my son -My daddy died when He was 2 1/2..He loved his grampa...While at the cemetery..- His dad - was holding him while I was under the tent with my family...It was October 21 - and it started to snow...He kpet saying things out loud (he had never seen snow before or was old enough to remember it anyway) - people were trying hard not to laugh..but he was just so little he didn't understand.. (my dad had a heart attack - and during the angiogram, he coded - he never came back to us until the day he died and we took him off the machines...It was a awful 11 days) - Anyway - My son's dad was trying to get him to be quiet...and when they started to put the casket down into the ground..He started screaming - "let him out......he needs to get out..Please don't put dirt on my grandpa.." It was so hard on him..but with in days - he kind of stopped talking about him...

Months later - he woke me up and said that he couldn't sleep - and grandpa had come and wanted him to play trucks..I laid in bed awhile - while he told me this wild "STORY" about him and his grandpa playing...

This went on for months - he would wake up his sister and asked her if she wanted to play with him and grandpa...My daughter would get so upset and cry because she was afraid...

It kept up for along time..I started to ignore it - and felt like he was just healing..

My brother - wanted to buy a new truck..and my father and him were BEST friends..My dad had always helped him with big decisions in life like his semi's...we were eating lunch on the 4th of July - and Rory went up to him and said - Buy the blue one...and Doug said " what are you talking about?" Rory then said..Grandpa told me to tell you to buy the blue one..My brother got up and left..He knew the stories of Rory and his dreams...Later he called and said " Dawn I went to Kansas City to buy a new truck..did u know that? - I said no why..He said Rory came up to him in the living room and whispered buy the blue one...HE said he was picking between the blue and red ones...I was just so afraid...that after that - when he would get up in the middle of the night I would make him come and sleep in my bed..I wouldn't let him "play with grandpa" - - I finally had enough when he wouldn't go to sleep - at night or I would have to have the top of his dresser all cleared off - because "sometimes grandpa sat there"..that I sat in the hall and screamed at 3:00 in the Am - telling my dad just to leave us alone..and go away-

The next day Rory got up and told me he was mad at me becuase his grandpa wouldn't play trucks anymore - and he had to say goodbye..Now I can sit here and cry my eyes out- and beg him to come back - but Rory doesn't even talk about him..and when I show him a picture of him..He will say - "Yep thats my grandpa and mom made him DIE and go away..."He is 5 - and doesn't see him or talk to him anymore..Last August my brother was driving down HWy 71 and a kid trying to commit suicide hit him head on - at 100 miles an hour..It ripped the fuel call right off his semi - My brother was met on the side of the road after trying to get out of his truck..This ol farmer with bib overalls on..stopped him and said - "don't go back there - He's gone..wait for the state trooper.." Doug doesn't have to live that vison because he never went back there - BUT nobody also saw the Ol Farmer Doug talked about either - We swear - that it was my dad....but Koan--will he ever come back to Rory? You said you had "IT" as a child - and then "IT" came back..Do you think I ruined it for my son because I became angry??

Ok I know this was a HUGE post...Sorry......

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
koan

Post by koan »

mominiowa, it was a long post but well worth the read. Thank you for sharing that story. A couple of things came to mind.

You didn't "wreck" anything for him long term. He has probably shut some things out now because it would seem to him that they are 'bad' to talk about. You might want to talk to him about why you got mad so he knows it wasn't his fault. Even though he says you "killed" grandpa he doesn't necessarily feel that way about it. You can let him know that it scared you at first but that now you find it very interesting and hope he will trust you to tell you again if he does see grandpa...or any other spirits. However you would word it.

In the meantime, it is a valuable lesson to him to separate his visions from the normal world. You are not the only person who would be startled and upset by them. One of those nasty life lessons.

If he is meant to develop his gift it will return. It may be that he has to develop himself and experience other things to grow as a person before it returns. If it never seems to return you can be sure he is still using his gift but in less obvious ways.

My daughter stopped seeing spirits when she was about six. Because I see them she sometimes makes up stories about them just to chat. It makes it harder for me to know when she is telling the truth. But she remembers clearly when she used to play and talk to them. As long as children don't feel like spirit talk is "bad" or "wrong" they will likely remain more open to it.

Your father was merely showing respect for you. He will and has returned. Just kept a lower profile.
PIXIECHICK35

Post by PIXIECHICK35 »

I love this thread!! But, it makes me sad because I lost my mom when I was 26 years old. She died of a heart attack. I have such a great void in me since her death. We go on living but it's never the same. I was very close to her. I have had a couple of dreams with her in them, but I don't know if she was visiting me or if it was just me dreaming. She told me once years ago if that when she died she would come visit me "if she could". Maybe she did. But me, being in the physical, I want something concrete, that I can't second guess. I miss her so much.

Return to “Magic Mystery”