What Avatar means at FG?

A place to explain or ask another member to explain the meaning behind their avatar.
Suresh Gupta

What Avatar means at FG?

Post by Suresh Gupta »

A have been thinking very hard about this Avatar since I joined FG. From where this term has been taken? We have a word in Hindi, Avatar, which means the incarnation of God. In Hindu religion, we believe that God takes Avatar. Lord Rama and Lord Krishna were Avatars who came down to earth to clean the earth of bad people (demons). Does FG also use the term Avatar in this sense, or it has some other meaning? I have not yet taken any decision about my Avatar.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

http://www.betterlife4all.com
Bill Sikes

What Avatar means at FG?

Post by Bill Sikes »

Suresh Gupta wrote: A have been thinking very hard about this Avatar since I joined FG. From where this term has been taken? We have a word in Hindi, Avatar, which means the incarnation of God. In Hindu religion, we believe that God takes Avatar. Lord Rama and Lord Krishna were Avatars who came down to earth to clean the earth of bad people (demons). Does FG also use the term Avatar in this sense, or it has some other meaning? I have not yet taken any decision about my Avatar.

It's a play on words - a representation/manifestation of your self in Forum

Garden. The word "avatar" has been used in a number of ways apart from

it's origin in Hindu mythology, to use a word which may not be appropriate,

including in the AD&D game, amongst other things.
Suresh Gupta

What Avatar means at FG?

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Bill Sikes wrote: It's a play on words - a representation/manifestation of your self in Forum Garden. The word "avatar" has been used in a number of ways apart from it's origin in Hindu mythology, to use a word which may not be appropriate, including in the AD&D game, amongst other things.

Thanks Bill Sikes.

I was sure that FG was also using this word 'Avatar', a representation/ manifestation of oneself. It takes one more near to God. To put my avatar on FG I will have to think a lot.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

http://www.betterlife4all.com

Return to “Explain Your Avatar!”