Banning Christmas??

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
Raven

Banning Christmas??

Post by Raven »

Are they for REAL??? Who thought this one up?
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Raven

Banning Christmas??

Post by Raven »

You're not going to believe this, but it was in the papers here. Something about offending muslims. Cant say christmas lights, trees and whatnot. Have to say winter lights, winter trees, etc........what bullsh*t I say!
Raven

Banning Christmas??

Post by Raven »

I think Britain has become a muslim state.
theia

Banning Christmas??

Post by theia »

All this ridiculous rubbish creates ill feeling and division when we should be encouraging integration and the sharing of different cultures.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Raven

Banning Christmas??

Post by Raven »

I agree. But I have noticed that all the give is from the christians, and all the take is the muslims. Strange.
chonsigirl

Banning Christmas??

Post by chonsigirl »

Christmas!

What are they going to do about it?
Raven

Banning Christmas??

Post by Raven »

me either darlin!
Bez

Banning Christmas??

Post by Bez »

tmbsgrl wrote: I will never stop Christmas.. What are they going to do... throw me in jail!! :-5

Exactly..... This PC stuff is getting out of hand....interesting site below......:p to political correctness

http://www.capc.co.uk/
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
OpenMind

Banning Christmas??

Post by OpenMind »

Raven wrote: You're not going to believe this, but it was in the papers here. Something about offending muslims. Cant say christmas lights, trees and whatnot. Have to say winter lights, winter trees, etc........what bullsh*t I say!

They re-instated Christmas today. The banning was reported yesterday in my paper and they re-instated it today. In yesterday's paper, even the Muslims said that they enjoyed Christmas.
Bez

Banning Christmas??

Post by Bez »

Yippeeeeee....I wasn't going to ignore it anyway....3 kids....5 grandchildren....my 59th Christmas is going to be awesome ! I am looking forward to it even more this year.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
OpenMind

Banning Christmas??

Post by OpenMind »

No one could ignore Christmas even if they wanted to.:wah: Let's get ready for Christmas madness.:D
Jives

Banning Christmas??

Post by Jives »

chonsigirl wrote: Christmas!

What are they going to do about it?

YEAH!! GO CHONSI!!! They can cancel Christmas when they can pry my mistletoe from my cold, dead hands!!

(wait, that didn't sound right.):o
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
minks

Banning Christmas??

Post by minks »

Jives wrote: YEAH!! GO CHONSI!!! They can cancel Christmas when they can pry my mistletoe from my cold, dead hands!!

(wait, that didn't sound right.):o

Sounded ok til ya pointed it out Jives hehehehehe

You cant ban a christian celebration sheesh then it becomes very Un PC against us. What is this world coming to. Time for protest, oh wait everyone else does maybe we should just go about it silently and enjoy what we have always enjoyed. Grrrrr
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
BabyRider

Banning Christmas??

Post by BabyRider »

CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS

F*ck 'em if they don't like it. Come and do something about it. :mad: :mad: :mad:
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Jives

Banning Christmas??

Post by Jives »

ROFLMAO! The way the British accent comes through on that post just cracks me up, Arnold!!!:wah:
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
BabyRider

Banning Christmas??

Post by BabyRider »

ArnoldLayne wrote: My usual perfect British manners are begining to waver. Bollocks to em. I'm going Carol singing and I'm gonna sing real loud, any one fancy it ?

JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS,

JINGLE ALL THE BLEEDIN' WAY

[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

OpenMind

Banning Christmas??

Post by OpenMind »

ArnoldLayne wrote: My usual perfect British manners are begining to waver. Bollocks to em. I'm going Carol singing and I'm gonna sing real loud, any one fancy it ?

You'd better be able to sing or else you're gonna get it.:wah:
along-for-the-ride

Banning Christmas??

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I love Christmas..but I do think that Christmas items should not be put on the shelves in the stores until after Thanksgiving. I love Halloween and Thanksgiving too and would like to enjoy those holidays too. Time goes fast enough.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Bladerunner

Banning Christmas??

Post by Bladerunner »

Too generous too welcoming too stupid !

You reap what you sow ask the Parisians.
Raven

Banning Christmas??

Post by Raven »

EXACTLY!!!:yh_rotfl
chrisb84uk

Banning Christmas??

Post by chrisb84uk »

AH the joys of carol singing. I remember the olden days where I was back in school and was picked out of the whole of my year, to narrate the christmas story at our cathedral to hundreds of people. Oh my god I was soooooo scared, and to make it even more fun, my parents and friends were there too, oh the pressure I had back then!! :D
Raven

Banning Christmas??

Post by Raven »

I have GOT to go back to Rochester this year at Christmas time! Total Dickens!
ComfortablyNumb

Banning Christmas??

Post by ComfortablyNumb »

Ban Christmas? NOOO...

It's enough to make you send the local Imam a Christmas card - with a dog on it!
samanthauk23

Banning Christmas??

Post by samanthauk23 »

Raven wrote: You're not going to believe this, but it was in the papers here. Something about offending muslims. Cant say christmas lights, trees and whatnot. Have to say winter lights, winter trees, etc........what bullsh*t I say!

Here here!!! In my lil bro's school they are not even allowed to do a nativity in case it offends other religions...well sorry if this sounds bad, but this is ENGLAND and the prevailing religion here is Christianity, we don't force non christian ppl to worship as we do so why can't we just be left to enjoy our traditions?!!! :mad: They're not even allowed to call it CHRISTMAS at his school, they are calling it Winterval! As in winter festival!!! :mad:

Sorry.... i get annoyed....
nvalleyvee

Banning Christmas??

Post by nvalleyvee »

EXCUUUUUUSE MEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!! Don't we observe the customs of other countries while we are there? Aren't the customs and traditions of another country what makes us travel and learn? Why does the US or Britain FEEL OBLIGATED to deny these traditions to the very people who celebrate them - the very people who work hard to enjoy their tradition? Offend another religion?

bullmallarky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a country of religious freedom we as a democratic society have just STEPPED OVER THE EDGE. We can allow religious freedom without it interfering in our traditions. Would I be able to go to the Chinese or Arabs or Africans and say to them that BECAUSE I live in this country I DEMAND you respect my religion and give up all of your traditions so I won't be OFFENDED???????????

I THINK NOT>>>>>>>>>
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
BTS

Banning Christmas??

Post by BTS »

nvalleyvee wrote: EXCUUUUUUSE MEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!! Don't we observe the customs of other countries while we are there? Aren't the customs and traditions of another country what makes us travel and learn? Why does the US or Britain FEEL OBLIGATED to deny these traditions to the very people who celebrate them - the very people who work hard to enjoy their tradition? Offend another religion?

bullmallarky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a country of religious freedom we as a democratic society have just STEPPED OVER THE EDGE. We can allow religious freedom without it interfering in our traditions. Would I be able to go to the Chinese or Arabs or Africans and say to them that BECAUSE I live in this country I DEMAND you respect my religion and give up all of your traditions so I won't be OFFENDED???????????

I THINK NOT>>>>>>>>>

And this from a Agnostic??????
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
nvalleyvee

Banning Christmas??

Post by nvalleyvee »

BTS wrote: And this from a Agnostic??????

Yes - and your point IS????
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
BTS

Banning Christmas??

Post by BTS »

nvalleyvee wrote: Yes - and your point IS????

If everybody took this view we would much be better off....

Whether they be religious, AGNOSTIC, Athiest..........

We need to get the ACLU back in the the place they belong..............

The BACK seat........:driving:
Joe

Banning Christmas??

Post by Joe »

If I remember rightly, (& I'm not sure I do), the Muslims didn't want Christmas banned. I think it's the politically correct brigade panicking so they can be seen & thought to be all embracing of all cultures.

The only trouble (if I'm right), is that by acting this way, the politically correct brigade will introduce bad feeling to people of different cultures from the British. So they'll be creating exactly the opposite of what they purport to be saying.

But maybe this was what they wanted all along?
Joe

Banning Christmas??

Post by Joe »

I made a post in this thread, but now I can't find it.

Has an admin deleted it?
The Red One

Banning Christmas??

Post by The Red One »

The one thing they cannot ban is what is in our hearts and mind.
abbey

Banning Christmas??

Post by abbey »

OpenMind wrote: They re-instated Christmas today. The banning was reported yesterday in my paper and they re-instated it today. In yesterday's paper, even the Muslims said that they enjoyed Christmas.Of course they do, theirs are the only shops you can find open over the hols, they must make a killing! :rolleyes:
BabyRider

Banning Christmas??

Post by BabyRider »

Whether they try to ban it or not; whether it was a successful attempt or not; here's what chaps my ass: I got a calendar in the mail today from our health insurance provider. Guess what the f*ck is added into it now? I've got some friggin' "Eid-al-Adha", a "Muharramn", all these holidays that I don't know about, care about or celebrate. If I were to complain that they offend me, would that be "Un-PC"??? Oh, wait....do I care? NOPE!!!! I don't want them in my calendar and I'm rather pissed that they are there.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Wolverine

Banning Christmas??

Post by Wolverine »

BabyRider wrote: Whether they try to ban it or not; whether it was a successful attempt or not; here's what chaps my ass: I got a calendar in the mail today from our health insurance provider. Guess what the f*ck is added into it now? I've got some friggin' "Eid-al-Adha", a "Muharramn", all these holidays that I don't know about, care about or celebrate. If I were to complain that they offend me, would that be "Un-PC"??? Oh, wait....do I care? NOPE!!!! I don't want them in my calendar and I'm rather pissed that they are there.
careful, BR

our friendly, neighborhood ACLU representative might here you.:lips:

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

covenant

Banning Christmas??

Post by covenant »

Those that try and ban something, usually have an inner weakness (read attraction) towards the very thing that they are trying to ban, be it homosexuality, religion, whatever.

Those that are tolerant, have a strength in their own self, and no fear from losing that self to outside influences
BTS

Banning Christmas??

Post by BTS »

Larry The Cable Guy reads a new version of Twas The Night Before Christmas. This funny new version is supposed to be politically correct. I think that man could read anything and make it funny.

http://www.guzer.com/videos/nightbeforexmas.php

What a HOOT.........
ELF

Banning Christmas??

Post by ELF »

If they ban Christmas, I will be out of job.......................
Yavanna

Banning Christmas??

Post by Yavanna »

covenant wrote: Those that try and ban something, usually have an inner weakness (read attraction) towards the very thing that they are trying to ban, be it homosexuality, religion, whatever.

So the fact that I'd love to ban Elton John means...............OMG!!!:eek: :D

Return to “England”