British And Proud Of It

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
abbey

British And Proud Of It

Post by abbey »

A thread posted by someone in the journal area has prompted me to post this thread.

Unable to respond can be so frustrating :mad:

I would like to state "I am British and proud of it"

That's it...nothing more..

Thankyou x
orangesox1

British And Proud Of It

Post by orangesox1 »

Well if that's in response to the impatient driver post. It doesn't matter where you live in the world, your always going to get rude people.

We have occasional road rage over here, thats where a driver gets out and attacks another driver.
weeder

British And Proud Of It

Post by weeder »

Good for you.. You should be, Never betray your own
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Accountable

British And Proud Of It

Post by Accountable »

I really must visit the journal area sometime. *scribbles note*

Being an arrogant American, I naturally expect others to be as proud of their nationalities as I am of mine. It floors me sometimes when I see people so quick to change their national identity. Several times, a friend has asked when (not if) my beloved is going to apply for US citizenship. I always ask 'why should she?' The friend usually looks at me as if I'd asked why a fish likes water.
Sheryl

British And Proud Of It

Post by Sheryl »

Gee whiz there's rude people everywhere, even in Texas which is supposed to the friendliest place in the U.S.A. :rolleyes:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Bez

British And Proud Of It

Post by Bez »

I'm proud to be a Brit. and I get very passionate about it sometimes.

I have heard stories from people that have travelled all over the world where there are good and bad. No one country has the monopoly on rude people. Walking around Brighton today it was sadly the foreign visitors that were barging into people and jumping queues.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Marie5656

British And Proud Of It

Post by Marie5656 »

You have every right to be proud of your country. You have a fine heritige.
Rapunzel

British And Proud Of It

Post by Rapunzel »

Bez wrote: I'm proud to be a Brit. and I get very passionate about it sometimes.

I have heard stories from people that have travelled all over the world where there are good and bad. No one country has the monopoly on rude people. Walking around Brighton today it was sadly the foreign visitors that were barging into people and jumping queues.

You're right. In London it is all the foreigners who barge forward or queuejump or shove themselves in first and make rude comments to anyone who cares to listen.

The Brits in general are incredibly polite, help others, open doors and keep a stiff upper lip when their politeness isnt returned!

Besides which, road rage occurs everywhere and who's to say the driver was a Brit? It could have been a hire car!
Bez

British And Proud Of It

Post by Bez »

Rapunzel wrote: You're right. In London it is all the foreigners who barge forward or queuejump or shove themselves in first and make rude comments to anyone who cares to listen.

The Brits in general are incredibly polite, help others, open doors and keep a stiff upper lip when their politeness isnt returned!

Besides which, road rage occurs everywhere and who's to say the driver was a Brit? It could have been a hire car!

And our national pastime is saying "SORRY" :D
Rapunzel

British And Proud Of It

Post by Rapunzel »

Bez wrote: And our national pastime is saying "SORRY" :D

:wah: VERY TRUE!!! :wah:
Bez

British And Proud Of It

Post by Bez »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Thats because we have impeccible manners :D

He he ...3 people bumped in to me today....and I said sorry....duh ! :-2
abbey

British And Proud Of It

Post by abbey »

Bez wrote: He he ...3 people bumped in to me today....and I said sorry....duh ! :-2I do it, walk away and say to myself, "No i'm not" :o
JayDee

British And Proud Of It

Post by JayDee »

Sheryl wrote: Gee whiz there's rude people everywhere, even in Texas which is supposed to the friendliest place in the U.S.A. :rolleyes:

Carrying on this thread, I'm British, actually English, and I was sadden by that original post.

However, as Sheryl quite rightly points out there are rude people everywhere, and it is up to us to rise above it, and set an example.

The reason I have highlighted the above, is that I have moved back to the UK from Texas, and Sheryl is absolutely right. I miss the place and the people so much.
abbey

British And Proud Of It

Post by abbey »

I can understand certain comments from Kattyia, that driver was inconsiderate,

but how did she know he was British?

I think it's fair to say that we're all ashamed of some things that happen in our respective countries

me as much as the next person, but i'm proud of my heritage, and proud to admit it.:)
Uncle Kram

British And Proud Of It

Post by Uncle Kram »

SnoozeControl wrote: My father's family was English, from Nottingham. They moved here soon enough for my dad to be born in San Diego, but the rest of the kids were born in England. And I'm proud of that fact. I should post a photo of my grandfather, he looks like someone out of Black Adder.:D

I traced my family tree back to my Great great great great grandfather who was a Cordwainer (Shoemaker) at the end of the 1700's in Nottingham. Maybe we're related. Yeah......hadn't thought of that one had ya? :wah:

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
gmc

British And Proud Of It

Post by gmc »

abbey wrote: I can understand certain comments from Kattyia, that driver was inconsiderate,

but how did she know he was British?

I think it's fair to say that we're all ashamed of some things that happen in our respective countries

me as much as the next person, but i'm proud of my heritage, and proud to admit it.:)

I think the main point is that he was in a four by four. It's petty I know but one of my pet hates is people driving off road vehicles in town. Most of them sit in the middle of the road and seem to expect everyhthing to get out their way. On country roads the handling is so atrocious they wander all over the place driven too fast by twits that can't handle them properly and don't have the common sense to slow down-after why should they? if they hit something they will probably be all right.:mad:

Return to “England”