Why is it so dear to buy a house in London

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
User avatar
Musiclover89
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:48 pm

Why is it so dear to buy a house in London

Post by Musiclover89 »

I was thinking about moveing to London not to lnog ago but i changed my mind because the prices are to high for a house their isnt anybody else abit frustruated about the houseing prices their
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
User avatar
crazygal
Posts: 5049
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:57 pm

Why is it so dear to buy a house in London

Post by crazygal »

The house prices are awful but I guess it's because of all the work and there being so much to do. Personally I don't see the facination in the place.
User avatar
YZGI
Posts: 11518
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:24 am

Why is it so dear to buy a house in London

Post by YZGI »

I really have no desire to buy a house in London.
almurray
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:34 pm

Why is it so dear to buy a house in London

Post by almurray »

YZGI;564587 wrote: I really have no desire to buy a house in London.


I have a 10 bedroomed house in it's own grounds of 4 acres, 5 bathrooms, triple garage, guest cottage..........in Eldon Lane, Co Durham.

Cost

£15,000

It's great up North



Al

:guitarist
saffy
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:05 am

Why is it so dear to buy a house in London

Post by saffy »

almurray;571751 wrote: I have a 10 bedroomed house in it's own grounds of 4 acres, 5 bathrooms, triple garage, guest cottage..........in Eldon Lane, Co Durham.

Cost

£15,000

It's great up North



Al

:guitarist


and an outside toilet...;)
almurray
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:34 pm

Why is it so dear to buy a house in London

Post by almurray »

saffy;571779 wrote: and an outside toilet...;)


ROTFLMAO



:wah:



aL

:guitarist
User avatar
Lon
Posts: 9476
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:38 pm

Why is it so dear to buy a house in London

Post by Lon »

Musiclover89;564402 wrote: I was thinking about moveing to London not to lnog ago but i changed my mind because the prices are to high for a house their isnt anybody else abit frustruated about the houseing prices their


You are not alone. Here in Christchurch, New Zealand as well as the rest of the country, a home is beyond the reach of the average wage earner unless they have a substantial down payment. My home town of San Francisco as well as Seattle, San Diego and much of the U.S. is the same.
User avatar
crazygal
Posts: 5049
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:57 pm

Why is it so dear to buy a house in London

Post by crazygal »

almurray;571751 wrote: I have a 10 bedroomed house in it's own grounds of 4 acres, 5 bathrooms, triple garage, guest cottage..........in Eldon Lane, Co Durham.

Cost

£15,000

It's great up North



Al

:guitarist


LOL What is it? A dolls house? :wah:
User avatar
Bill Sikes
Posts: 5515
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:21 am

Why is it so dear to buy a house in London

Post by Bill Sikes »

almurray;571751 wrote: I have a 10 bedroomed house in it's own grounds of 4 acres, 5 bathrooms, triple garage, guest cottage..........in Eldon Lane, Co Durham.

Cost

£15,000guitarist


Bought in 1962!

Return to “England”