Moving

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
Victoria

Moving

Post by Victoria »

Hi everyone

After many years away hubby and I are thinking of moving back to the uk.. Our kids have left home (more or less) but our parents ect are getting on now and it would be nice to be a bit nearer to them.

We are thinking of the Sussex area. Can anyone give me any tips on nice places or the bits to avoid.. We are a couple with 3 dogs no kids can both drive and both work, so public transport links and schools dont rate that highly on our list nor do glitz, glamour, night clubs or arcades but peace and quiet ,dog friendly places do.

Any tips welcome

THX
Gypsy

Moving

Post by Gypsy »

Lowestoft or Cromer is very nice and the homes are not so dear.:)
Carl44

Moving

Post by Carl44 »

chichister is nice:-6

south downs not far from the beaches etc :-6
Victoria

Moving

Post by Victoria »

Wow

didn't expect a reply after all this time but Thanks.

I was in the uk for a few days in early june and we drove around a bit looking at places that my husband could easily commute to and from London from, but that I would feel at home in.

We have kinda stettled on the Littlehampton area, there are some resonable priced houses and the area is peaceful ( some would say boring) so it suits me and the commute to my husbands work in south London is fairly easy.

Im now just waiting for the dogs to be allowed to travel, we cant enter Britian for 6 months after they pass the rabies test!
Bez

Moving

Post by Bez »

Hi there...I live a few miles from Littlehampton (Worthing way) and if you live on the outskirts of Littlehampton it's quite nice. How about Horsham ? I'm not sure of the house price situation, but it's handy if your husband is commuting by car.....Arundel is just beautiful.

Good luck.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Gypsy

Moving

Post by Gypsy »

I also think Coventry is fabulous place.

Return to “England”