Has anyone fallen off a London Bus?

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
FLCL

Post by FLCL »

I'm told by TFL that this is quite common and one of the reasons the routmaster is being discontinued.

I'm making a TV show about the end of these routemasters at the moment and wonder if anyone has anything to say.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

FLCL wrote: I and wonder if anyone has anything to say.

No.
FLCL

Post by FLCL »

What no one ever? I know one person.
Bothwell

Post by Bothwell »

Twice, pissed both times
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
persephone

Post by persephone »

Never fell, but ended up having to pay for a chiroprator, and that wasn't on a Routemaster, that was one of the new buses.

Fell into a train at Stratford once, and I was sober, but in a rush... Still makes me pmsl everytime I think about it :o

I'd actually like to own a routemaster :guitarist We're all going on a summer holiday :guitarist
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Oh ye cannae shove yer granny aff a bus

ye cannae shove yer granny aff a bus

ye cannae shove yer granny

for sh'e yer mammy's mammy

oh ye cannae shove yer granny aff a bus

Children's ditty from Glasgow condemning abuse of older people. Seeing if they bounce when shoved off a bus is frowned upon.

Just thought I'd share that with you all.

I now have this insane picture of Londoners throwing themselves off buses to see how high they bounce. It's curiously appealing and quaint. At least thanks to red Ken they dn't have to worry about being squashed by cars as well.

He was up in Edinburgh last week supporting the introduction of road tolls in Edinburgh.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

gmc wrote: Oh ye cannae shove yer granny aff a bus

ye cannae shove yer granny aff a bus

ye cannae shove yer granny

for sh'e yer mammy's mammy

oh ye cannae shove yer granny aff a bus

Children's ditty from Glasgow condemning abuse of older people. Seeing if they bounce when shoved off a bus is frowned upon.

Just thought I'd share that with you all.

I now have this insane picture of Londoners throwing themselves off buses to see how high they bounce. It's curiously appealing and quaint. At least thanks to red Ken they dn't have to worry about being squashed by cars as well.

He was up in Edinburgh last week supporting the introduction of road tolls in Edinburgh. You think your bad? Please have pity on us www.gometic.ie
Lon

Post by Lon »

FLCL wrote: I'm told by TFL that this is quite common and one of the reasons the routmaster is being discontinued.

I'm making a TV show about the end of these routemasters at the moment and wonder if anyone has anything to say.

I have several friends that have fallen off the WAGON.
persephone

Post by persephone »

StelZ wrote: I am a fan of the routemaster. They keep the traffic flowing. The reason I believe they are getting rid of them isnt their safety record, its their cost. Its become uneconomic to keep them going. Its a shame. They are also not very driver or environment friendly... My dad loves them, they were what he used to drive before he got all his degrees. Yet he blames them for the damage he has to his knees, as it seems the clutch is heavy, and they are not the easiest to drive... Silly I know but he marvels at the new busses, with automatic gears, he's still rather jump on a number 8 into the city though :)
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.

Return to “England”