Computer Shop

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
pink princess

Computer Shop

Post by pink princess »

ok..... so anyone out there who wants to buy a new PC printer or basically anything to do with your PC think very carefully where you go!!

i ordered a new printer yesterday from PC World..... they have a system where you can reserve the item of the internet and then got to the store to pick it up and pay..... so.... yesterday ay 5.15 in went the order for my new and shiny canon ip5000.... they had 4 in stock..... you have to wait an hour before going to pick it up to give them time to find the product.... we got there an hour later and eagerly waited for our new shiny printer and what did we get..... "sorry we dont have any"..... some little kid stood there and said to me that i should go somewhere else entirely and buy one and that there was nothing they could do..... i wasnt gonna leave it tho id already wasted half my evening by this point so we wound up having to drive to another branch to get one...... utterly useless shop - not only do the staff know nothing about the products but they dont even seem to have the products!!

they are good if you know what you want but if you need advice totally pointless

there only redeeming thing is that they can sometimes be cheaper than other places.... but theni guess you trade the price for the service.....

grrrrr to pc world!!

im hoping its ok to put this on here i had a quick look at T&C and couldnt see anything saying it wasnt ok.... but then it was all so long i kinda skim read it!! apologies if it isnt and this is clearly only my own opinion and many others out there may have had no problem.........
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
spot

Computer Shop

Post by spot »

pink princess wrote: there only redeeming thing is that they can sometimes be cheaper than other places.... but theni guess you trade the price for the service.....That's a perfectly good summary of PC World all round, except I've shopped all over at various times, and I've never known PC World to be cheapest.

My best bet, for price and convenience, is to go online to www.aria.co.uk and order online around lunchtime. So long as they show lots of stock for what you request, I've never known it fail to arrive the following day. It does need signing for, though. Watford Electronic might be an alternative. Dabs.co.uk is good too. I wouldn't be sure about next day delivery from either of those though, from personal experience.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
pink princess

Computer Shop

Post by pink princess »

spot a good point - they are not always cheapest....

(are you the same spot who was once a spotty dalmation?! - nice change in avatar :-) )

thanks for the web links too :)
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

spot

Computer Shop

Post by spot »

I am indeed. The Spot avatar died and went to Heaven.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
pink princess

Computer Shop

Post by pink princess »

youve got a location and a flag too now!!

:D
life is what you make it

abbey

Computer Shop

Post by abbey »

I bought my laptop from PC World 4 months ago

and the assistant was really helpful,

i'm more than a little technophobic but he really put me at ease.

I suppose it depends which branch you go to, like all stores you get

good & bad.

I'd have asked to see the manager and complained about your wasted

journey.

I hope you got your printer in the end x

Return to “England”