online shopping at festival season?

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
kathc

Post by kathc »

winter is coming, christmas is coming as well ^.^

for me, winter is too cold for me to shop out side,

i'll prefer shop online:-4

anybody who has the experience of shop online pls express some

comment or opinion about shopping online.

:)
Jives

Post by Jives »

I'm doing the same thing much more these days. Avoid the rush, don't get caught in the crush!

Not only that, but I find a lot of really neat things that aren't available at the local Wal-mart.

For example, I ordered a neat little skating pond with real skating figures for my wife's tiny little Christmas village. I've never seen anything like it in a store. The little people skate around magnetically. Just the thing for her!

Meanwhile, I needed insulated window treatments to offset the cost of fuel this winter. After looking at both Home Depot and Lowe's, I couldn't find any insulated Roman Shades. Even the ones they had were uninsulated and over 500 dollars!

Then I tried "Plow and Hearth" magazine. They had just the thing! Insulated with a high tech foam, and they were only $80!:D

I'm sold! We are planning on placing a pretty large order with 'Bits and Pieces' magazine next. They have the coolest puzzles and games around.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Well I try to shop online as much as possible, simply because you have more choice and in most cases the goods u are after cost less. Plus you don't have to drive all the way to the shops, only to find out that the gift you are after is out of stock, (agh had that so many times done to me!! :mad: )

I suppose u lose the magic charm of it as such, going out in your woolies and looking for Christmas gifts, but I think the future is gradually switching to online shopping. I know that the figures over the last few years have shown slowly decreasing numbers of people going to shops for gifts, and more and more people are buying from their own homes on-line. I feel this will be the way to come for a long time at least.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Online shopping gives you a far greater choice of shops. And it's less wearing on the arms and feet.

For those of you unfamiliar with online shopping, a word of advice. Before you part with your details (let alone your hard-earned dosh), check for the locked padlock at the bottom of the screen. If their isn't one, go elsewhere, the site's not safe. alternatively, check the start of the web address in the address bar. The start of the address should read "https". The letter "s" is the important one telling you that the page is secure.
ubetta

Post by ubetta »

kathc wrote: winter is coming, christmas is coming as well ^.^

for me, winter is too cold for me to shop out side,

i'll prefer shop online:-4

anybody who has the experience of shop online pls express some

comment or opinion about shopping online.

:)

I've never had a problem shopping online, for holidays or any other time. I've heard horror stories, but I've never experienced anything negative. It was fast, easy as all heck, everything always came on time, wasn't broken or anything and was exactly what I expected it to be. I've also had things shipped directly as gifts without any complaints from the recipients. I would say only shop at places you know, but, I haven't followed that advise myself, so... lol. You can get some great bargins and most of the times no tax charged, often times with no shipping if you spend over a certain dollar amount.

Go for it! Stay warm! :)
kathc

Post by kathc »

the most expensive thing that you guys buy online is what item? for me, is the

lap-top i'm using now... :)
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

kathc wrote: the most expensive thing that you guys buy online is what item? for me, is the

lap-top i'm using now... :)

Ultimately, my computer. I built the first one to go online. I shopped around online for the components for the second one. Reasonably high-spec two years ago. I spent just over £1,000 in one session.

Return to “England”