just give them a tag

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

just give them a tag

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Here in the UK it is ludericrous that the home office are concidering releasing prisoners early with electronic tags to ease prision overcrowding. To make matters worse we the taxpayer are paying £500,000 a year to run an empty prision ship which could house 400 prisioners - could somebody with a brain please sort out the prision service ?:-5 :-5 :-5
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
BabyRider

just give them a tag

Post by BabyRider »

"Electronic tag"?? Is that like a tether? Electronic ankle bracelet capable of monitoring the movements and activity of a convict?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

pantsonfire321@aol.com

just give them a tag

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Yes its and ankle bracelet it can moniter the wearer - they are given a curfew and a restricted area (their house ) if say they have to be home at 7pm and they are still at the pub the alarm would alert the police ...hopefully
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
minks

just give them a tag

Post by minks »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: Yes its and ankle bracelet it can moniter the wearer - they are given a curfew and a restricted area (their house ) if say they have to be home at 7pm and they are still at the pub the alarm would alert the police ...hopefully

What would the voltage on these be?? ahahahahahaha
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bothwell

just give them a tag

Post by Bothwell »

the alarm would alert the police ...hopefully

Would it were so, that scumbag who recently got life in Nottingham for shooting the wife of the owner of a jewellry store he was trying to rob had just taken his off. Not only taken it off but got a gun and shot the woman who stood in front of her daughter to protect her, gunned down in cold blood, tags my a**e!!!!

I just despiar at what to to baout this, last night in my local paper some eejit was up before the magistrates for nicking about £1000 quids worth of gear and asked for gadzillion other offences (actually 26) to be taken into consideration, he got a 12 month conditional discharge and a £100 fine, right below was a guy who was caught doing 82mph on the motorway he got 4 penalty points and a £200 fine!!!!

The moral being if you want to make money be a criminal, steal £1000 worth of gear and get fined £100 = £900 profit

Sales guy on commission speed by 12mph earn Nothing fine £200 = £200 loss

Q.E.D.

IMO it's time to revisit the x number of strikes and your out rule. Not the 3 strikes, given that all Police ditricts here admit that crime is an almost perfect pareto analysis, i.e. 80% of the crime is committed by 20% of criminlas lets lock the 20% up fo a long time. They may only be stealing cars, burglars muggers (only is a relative term) but they do it again and again, it is not uncommonhere to see a burglar have in excess of 50 other cases "Taken into Consideration". these little darlings have been in and out of prison they have had all that the Rehabilitation crew can do for them, studying, wood work and God knows what else, so lets just forget about it and stick them in the jail for a loooong time, supermax, no telly, no books, no radio, one hour a day out max, shakles at all times.

That way judges can make it really simple, they could evebn lte burglars off any sentence for say the first 5 times, and on the 5th tell the person concerned "Do it again and you are going away for a lot of years, your choice", self sentencing we could call it.

Rant over, off for a lie down
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
Yavanna

just give them a tag

Post by Yavanna »

There's a report in today's papers about a woman who was beaten to death with a brick by a young offender who had been out on licence, with a tag, for only 3 days.

He tried to sexually assualt her and then smashed her face in so that she couldn't report him.

The licencing of offenders seems to me to be totally out of control - in fact, the whole penal system seems out of control, with insufficient prison room to house all the people being sentenced to imprisonment. An awful fact of our judicial system is that magistrates will often sentence someone who really should be in prison to a fine or community service because there isn't enough room to bang them away.

I dunno. Maybe it's just that I'm nearing 40, but I feel our whole society has gone to the dogs.
Wolverine

just give them a tag

Post by Wolverine »

that kid needs to be drawn and quartered.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Yavanna

just give them a tag

Post by Yavanna »

That kid will go to prison where my taxes will keep him fed, clothed and heated, and which will also pay for his remedial therapy. :thinking:
Wolverine

just give them a tag

Post by Wolverine »

Yavanna wrote: That kid will go to prison where my taxes will keep him fed, clothed and heated, and which will also pay for his remedial therapy. :thinking:
that's what I said, it'll cost $50 to carve him up.:lips:

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Yavanna

just give them a tag

Post by Yavanna »

*snarf*:D

The alarming thing is, I used to be a leftie when I was younger. :thinking:

Return to “England”