Trump, how long can he last ?

Discuss the latest political news.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Just watched a video of Trump admitting he made payments to keep his girlfriends quiet prior to the election.

His defence, it wasn't out of the election fund but his own money.

So he wins for honesty...............with his disciples.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1520461 wrote: Just watched a video of Trump admitting he made payments to keep his girlfriends quiet prior to the election.

His defence, it wasn't out of the election fund but his own money.

So he wins for honesty...............with his disciples.

From what I understand he has to say that as it is a legal action, after denying it all along.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Seems his core vote couldn't care less. It seems to me I am watching the breakdown of Law in the USA. It is becoming a kleptocracy in front of our eyes.

I think the mid terms have become more important than any other elections I can remember. If Trump gets a full term of appointments of his corrupt and evil cronies to positions of State - or even 2 terms - I think America will be lost for a generation at least. Defeated by Putin without a shot. Rotted from within.

It is happening here after all, with Brexit: the devastation of the UK and our castration as a global power, self inflicted (also with help from Putin).

Another example of the special relationship? Honestly, it's as if we are mirrors to eachother - distorted mirrors but recognisable as a reflection.

edit: I still want to know whether Trump was at all times accompanied by at least an American translator while meeting Putin in Helsinki. Am fairly convinced he's Putin's Poodle. Suspect it's money and money laundering.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Chuckle. Trump is now suggesting that telling the truth to investigators after lying for years "should almost be a crime."

You can see why Mueller treats him like a Mob boss. That's the limit of Trump's idea of leadership.

And his core voters say things like, "We're all human" and "He's great for the US, he's great for the world."

It's like looking at brexiters.

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

And all in the name of nationalism ?
gmc

Post by gmc »

And all in the name of nationalism ?

Nope all in the name of self-interest. Nationalism is a flag they like to wave trump clearly has little regard for the constitution or the rule of law - unless he gets caught that is.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1520475 wrote: And all in the name of nationalism ?

NO

All his ego.

Every day that boy gets more heated as those around him go down.

Sessions Defends Himself After Trump Slams DOJ and Decries ‘Flipping’

WASHINGTON—President Trump, speaking after Michael Cohen implicated him in a crime in a plea deal, said so-called flipping “almost ought to be illegal” and launched a new attack on Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

running scared
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

He may be in it for personal gain and his ego,but his followers hang on every word, a good old boy businessman doing what he has to do for the good of America.

Making America great.....again, sorting out Fatboy, and those rascally Chinese, while getting along very well with the Ruskies.

He's been there and done that, has the tee shirts and the money to keep em quiet.

Sorting the world and his opponents out, just like he did on The Apprentice.....what could go wrong in his safe hands ?
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

The big one that is going wrong in his hands is Climate Change. We should be intensifying efforts against it but he's restarting coal fired power plants and making it worse. It's a very serious matter on a global scale and we are all seeing the effects now. And this is just the start.

The tragedy is that a sensible US President could have got the EU and China on board with a climate change initiative. That's a lot of potential clout. Instead he's making it worse. It doesn't help that our brexiters are doing everything they possibly can to help him by devastating the UK and the EU, either. As a consequence of the Brexit vote the EU is concentrated on Brexit because they will take a hit too - though nothing like what we will get. They are not concentrating on Climate Change, Poland, Ukraine and the problems of Italy and Greece (and Spain).

And behind both Trump and Brexit sits Putin, not very concerned by the idea of a planet with an average temperature 2 degrees C above today's. He really does seem to have been involved in both Brexit and Trump's election. Even my MP, Goldsmith admits that, though he also said he thought it had been insignificant. I think that's a very complacent attitude given the head of MI5 gave a public warning about Russian interference a few months back and the noise coming out of the US and from Facebook about attacks on US political groups. I think he has declared himself an enemy of both the US and the UK by his attacks on our elections, his poisonings, his financial backing of far right groups in both our countries and his ownership of the President of the United States.

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Nice :)

Is Papadopoulos the manager of the Trump Empire? The one who has just been given immunity from prosecution but knows Trump's financial dealings back to his childhood and really might have explosive knowledge about where Trump's recent wealth came from?

Or is he another one entirely...?

edit: I'd forgotten Papadopoulos was the first to start telling the truth and it's Pecker I was thinking of.

edit edit: Ok, Pecker was just another fixer. It's Weissenberg I'm thinking of. I think.

Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Coming back to the original question how long he can last depends on how the Democrats do in the mid terms. If he retains his majorities he can probably get Mueller closed down and lasts as long as he wants, unless perhaps Putin can get rid of him.

If he loses his majorities in the mid terms then impeachment proceeding likely begin and Mueller stays.

It then depends on what Mueller has found and it's been completely leak-proof so far (or he has found nothing and is pulling people in at random. Which doesn't seem likely). It does seem to me that there is a clear thread now in Mueller's investigations and he's following the money. Weisselberg is the CFO of the Trump fortune.

From this distance it looks as if Mueller is getting to the heart of things. If there are bodies to be found, Weisselberg must know where they are. And we are told he has flipped and been granted immunity. It doesn't look good for Trump but nothing is certain yet.

I'm fairly sure that no matter what happens now Trump will go to his grave believing himself the greatest President America ever had.

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

As bad as Trump is, I think liberals are hugely irresponsible for ignoring the obviously blatant corruption of the intelligence community and the collusion between intelligence and the mainstream media. This is the one area where the Trump presidency could actually motivate America to better itself, but that probably won't happen because both intelligence and MSM are so awash in money and power and the liberal establishment are beholden to both as are all the establishment Republican organizations and individuals that are crossing over to join them.

Trump is as much the fault of liberals as any other group. Just think, all they had to do was be honest in the primaries and allow Sanders to represent the democratic party. But no, the party leaders knew better than the democratic voters. Not that I'm a Sanders' supporter either.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Clodhopper;1520517 wrote:

I'm fairly sure that no matter what happens now Trump will go to his grave believing himself the greatest President America ever had.

If he goes soon, I promise to agree with him.
gmc

Post by gmc »

I see he's now inciting his supporters to armed revolt if the Republicans lose the midterms.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... rch-antifa

At least the neo-nazis in Germany and elsewhere in europe don't have assault rifles.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Bush, Obama and Trump go to a job interview with God...

God asks Bush: "What do you believe in?"

Bush answers: "I believe in the free market, and the strong American nation!"

"Very well", says God. "Come sit to my right."

Next, God asks Obama: "What do you believe in?"

Obama answers: "I believe in the power of democracy, and equal rights for all."

"Good", says God. "You shall sit to my left."

Finally, God asks Trump: "What do you believe in?"

Trump answers: "I believe you're sitting in my chair."
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

Meriam-Webster dictionary defines "trumpery" as:"worthless nonsense". Some of the synonyms they list are: balderdash, baloney, bilge, bull, bunk, claptrap, drivel, hogwash, malarkey, and trash.

The origins of the word come from the 15th century.

It's not letting me insert a link.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Wandrin;1520583 wrote: Meriam-Webster dictionary defines "trumpery" as:"worthless nonsense". Some of the synonyms they list are: balderdash, baloney, bilge, bull, bunk, claptrap, drivel, hogwash, malarkey, and trash.

The origins of the word come from the 15th century.

It's not letting me insert a link.

Merriam Webster

Check this out.

Snopes
gmc

Post by gmc »

Watched a bit of the senate/supreme court nominee process - (can't remember the correct term) I'm not an american but seems to me your democracy is more at risk now from trump and his followers than from any external threat.

Our own is totally F---- but we know that only the delusional brexiteers think otherwise.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

AnneBoleyn;1520524 wrote: If he goes soon, I promise to agree with him.

Here's my 1p to fund the statue. No further donations requested.

Unnamed lieutenant:"Fighting the Luftwaffe is like banging your head on a wall!"

Admiral Sir AB Cunningham: "What you are forgetting, you miserable undertaker, is that you might be dislodging a brick."

Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

gmc;1520591 wrote: Watched a bit of the senate/supreme court nominee process - (can't remember the correct term) I'm not an american but seems to me your democracy is more at risk now from trump and his followers than from any external threat.

Our own is totally F---- but we know that only the delusional brexiteers think otherwise.

Their system is ****ed; our electorate is ****ed. Those are the only definites I've got from the current debacles.

Return to “Current Political Events”