An expression of thanks to Mr Farage

Discuss the latest political news.
spot

Post by spot »

That chap without whom there would be no Brexit Party, yes? Nigel. The chap who can't go walkabout without some random protester tipping a pint of McDonald's Sugared Vomit over his fresh-pressed suit.

Thank you Mr Farage, you achieved several positive outcomes at the European Election last week.

First of all, UKIP. Remember UKIP? You used to run UKIP if I remember. Right wing thugs.

Katie Fanning, a Ukip director who sits on its national executive committee, admitted its election campaign had been overshadowed by the controversy surrounding its South West England candidate Carl Benjamin, the blogger known as Sargon of Akkad, who refused to apologise for making comments about raping the Labour MP Jess Philips.

“We’ve done very poorly,” she told the Guardian before the results were declared. “Ukip had a major opportunity to do very well in these elections as the democratic will of the people has been overturned, but it’s quite clear from Ukip’s actions over the last three years that people have lost confidence in us as being the primary party of Brexit.”

Fanning said she felt the party would be lucky to get three seats in total. “I believe that’s because Ukip’s EU campaign has been overshadowed by Sargon of Akkad’s disgusting comments and rape jokes and things he has said in the past. That’s very much marred Ukip’s reputation.”

The Guardian

UKIP came in with zero seats nationally. Had The Brexit Party not been founded (N.Farage, sole prop.) and stunted from Jarrow to London and screamed for weeks outside of the Palace of Westminster then UKIP would have had seats, Sargon of Akkad would have crowed, society would be besmirched. Thank you Mr Farage, you did that single-handed and nobody else could have done it. I'll buy you a pint should the opportunity arise.

What else.

Ah, yes, the English Defence League.

Having claimed for weeks to be on the crest of an international movement – one that elected Donald Trump in the US – the man whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon had expected to “walk into Brussels like Connor McGregor” upon his election.

In the end, Robinson won only 2.2% of the vote – losing his £5,000 deposit – and sneaked out of the election count in central Manchester barely an hour after he had arrived.

ibid.

Raspberries to the English Defence League which came in with zero seats nationally. Had The Brexit Party not been founded and stunted from Jarrow to London and screamed for weeks outside of the Palace of Westminster then the English Defence League would have had seats, Tony Robinson would have crowed, society would be besmirched. Thank you again Mr Farage, you also did that single-handed and nobody else could have done it. I'll buy you a second pint should the opportunity arise.

And the Conservatives at 8.8% of the vote with just three seats nationally? I'll tell you what, just let me pay for the night's bar tab. Bring a friend, it's on me.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Night Watchman

Post by Night Watchman »

spot;1523126 wrote: That chap without whom there would be no Brexit Party, yes? Nigel. The chap who can't go walkabout without some random protester tipping a pint of McDonald's Sugared Vomit over his fresh-pressed suit.

Thank you Mr Farage, you achieved several positive outcomes at the European Election last week.

First of all, UKIP. Remember UKIP? You used to run UKIP if I remember. Right wing thugs.

Katie Fanning, a Ukip director who sits on its national executive committee, admitted its election campaign had been overshadowed by the controversy surrounding its South West England candidate Carl Benjamin, the blogger known as Sargon of Akkad, who refused to apologise for making comments about raping the Labour MP Jess Philips.

“We’ve done very poorly,” she told the Guardian before the results were declared. “Ukip had a major opportunity to do very well in these elections as the democratic will of the people has been overturned, but it’s quite clear from Ukip’s actions over the last three years that people have lost confidence in us as being the primary party of Brexit.”

Fanning said she felt the party would be lucky to get three seats in total. “I believe that’s because Ukip’s EU campaign has been overshadowed by Sargon of Akkad’s disgusting comments and rape jokes and things he has said in the past. That’s very much marred Ukip’s reputation.”

The Guardian

UKIP came in with zero seats nationally. Had The Brexit Party not been founded (N.Farage, sole prop.) and stunted from Jarrow to London and screamed for weeks outside of the Palace of Westminster then UKIP would have had seats, Sargon of Akkad would have crowed, society would be besmirched. Thank you Mr Farage, you did that single-handed and nobody else could have done it. I'll buy you a pint should the opportunity arise.

What else.

Having claimed for weeks to be on the crest of an international movement – one that elected Donald Trump in the US – the man whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon had expected to “walk into Brussels like Connor McGregor” upon his election.

In the end, Robinson won only 2.2% of the vote – losing his £5,000 deposit – and sneaked out of the election count in central Manchester barely an hour after he had arrived.

ibid.

Raspberries to the English Defence League which came in with zero seats nationally. Had The Brexit Party not been founded and stunted from Jarrow to London and screamed for weeks outside of the Palace of Westminster then the English Defence League would have had seats, Tony Robinson would have crowed, society would be besmirched. Thank you again Mr Farage, you also did that single-handed and nobody else could have done it. I'll buy you a second pint should the opportunity arise.

And the Conservatives at 8.8% of the vote with just three seats nationally? I'll tell you what, just let me pay for the night's bar tab. Bring a friend, it's on me.

You do understand that Robinson has not been part of the English Defence League for several years.?

Alan Spence is the leader of the English Defence League

The English Defence League is not and had never been a political party registered with the Electoral Commission and therefore can not and has never taken part in elections,including this one. Robinson stood as an independent.

The English Defence League split when Robinson joined Liberty GB founders and created Rebel Media and the Football Lads Alliance became a splinter of the remaining English Defence League.

The English Democrats received 10,045 votes in the North West EU Election that you refer to and are in no part or form connected to the English Defence League as you imply here.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

spot;1523126 wrote:

it’s quite clear from Ukip’s actions over the last three years that people have lost confidence in us as being the primary party of Brexit.”

UKIP came in with zero seats nationally. Thank you Mr Farage, you did that single-handed and nobody else could have done it. I'll buy you a pint should the opportunity arise.

English Defence League which came in with zero seats nationally.

Thank you for that succinct and entertaining summary, Spot. British politics is usually incomprehensible to me.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

You aren't alone, Saint. I'm afraid British politics is incomprehensible to me, particularly at this time, and I'm British !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Return to “Current Political Events”