For Once I Agree With Trump

Discuss the latest political news.
Bryn Mawr

For Once I Agree With Trump

Post by Bryn Mawr »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55420366

A $900Tn package for Covid relief that contains $110Tn in tax breaks for booze and motorsports?

I’d go further, isn’t it time that US legislation was made one subject per bill to prevent this sort of corruption - “I’ll support your bill if you add a payment to my backers” is pure corruption.
Snooz

Re: For Once I Agree With Trump

Post by Snooz »

That all does sound very reasonable and responsible, but after four years of him being a gigantic spoiled toddler, it seems very out of character. Maybe we're all doing him a disservice but conjecture has it that since McConnell has admitted that Biden is the president-elect, Trump has declared him his enemy and refusing to sign this bill is a FU to McConnell.

You're right though, these shouldn't all be lumped into one package. This wasn't just the covid relief bill, if it isn't passed then the government shuts down again. Trump makes it sound as if the money going to other countries and museums is taking money away from covid relief when they really don't have anything to do with it as far as I understand this convoluted mess.

Trump had no problem robbing other monies from various organizations (such as funding schools and housing for military families) for his wall but now he's concerned about wasteful spending? Hmmm...
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

He vetoed the "National Defense Authorization Act over concerns about renaming military bases named for Confederate officials". "This bill has been passed every year for the past 59 years, if funds the entire national defense apparatus..."

spot

Post by spot »

Snooz wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:53 pm He vetoed the "National Defense Authorization Act over concerns about renaming military bases named for Confederate officials". "This bill has been passed every year for the past 59 years, if funds the entire national defense apparatus..."

And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left.

And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

You're comparing Trump to a biblical warrior? :?
spot

Post by spot »

Snooz wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:11 pm You're comparing Trump to a biblical warrior? :?

Good lord no, I'm just stirring the pot.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Snooz wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:11 pm You're comparing Trump to a biblical warrior? :?
Well T Rump seems to be doing so.
He really thinks he is the second coming
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Current Political Events”