Forumgarden optimizations

Read about the latest happenings at ForumGarden.com.
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

A quick note here from the man behind the curtain, turning the knobs and dials that keep forumgarden running as smoothly as possible:

I installed a software package an hour or so ago that provides a rather significant speedup to webpage servicing for forumgarden (and other sites hosted here). It's transparent to users - no adjustment of your set is necessary.

In the brief testing i've been doing this evening, it's definitely apparent - FG pages tend to load 'all at once' rather than trickling in as they sometimes do.

However, if anyone should note any abnormal behavior (in forumgarden, not in me!) please let me know - and since i don't want service to be impaired even briefly, please send any such reports to support@forumgarden.com - i'll be paged.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

Thanks, Paul. I'll keep an eye out for oddities.
webmaster

Post by webmaster »

anastrophe wrote: A quick note here from the man behind the curtain, turning the knobs and dials that keep forumgarden running as smoothly as possible:

I installed a software package an hour or so ago that provides a rather significant speedup to webpage servicing for forumgarden (and other sites hosted here). It's transparent to users - no adjustment of your set is necessary.

In the brief testing i've been doing this evening, it's definitely apparent - FG pages tend to load 'all at once' rather than trickling in as they sometimes do.

However, if anyone should note any abnormal behavior (in forumgarden, not in me!) please let me know - and since i don't want service to be impaired even briefly, please send any such reports to support@forumgarden.com - i'll be paged.
Anastrophe,

So far so good! Significantly faster for me on my satellite connection. It also appears that the server loads are almost non-existent too.

Return to “News and Announcements”