ForumGarden's new Shout Box!

Read about the latest happenings at ForumGarden.com.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

ForumGarden now has a Shoutbox! For those of you who are not familiar with Shoutboxes, you can view it here. And if you would like to read about its functions, see this:

Feature Lists / Comparison

Major Features:

Advanced Shout Control: You have the ability to post shouts, edit your shouts, PM shouts to other users, Ignore other users, insert /Me commands, insert smilies, Bbcode, change font, text colour, text size.

Customizable New Post/Thread Notification: Allows you to make the shoutbox post when a new thread is created, or a new post is made. You can make this happen with all threads (Which will take user permissions into account) or only threads/posts from certain forums.

Shoutbox Tabs: No more clutter! Lets you put things like system notices in their own tabs, create tabs for staff chat only, Detailed list of active users, notifications etc. – Keep your main chat tab for just that – chatting! Tab will flash to let you know something new has happened, and you can even set them to make sounds to alert you.

Active Users Shout-bit: Shows the users active in the tab/instance you are, with the option to view everyone who can enter/exit the room at will (and thus see any shouts posted) in a pop-up to save resources. Perfect for seeing what's going on and who's around at a glance.

Context Menus: Many places now make use of context menus – less having to remember /commands, one click access to the most useful and commonly used functions, and the ability for users to access their shoutbox settings directly from the shoutbox itself.

Custom Chat Rooms: Your users can now set up their own Chat-Tabs, where they get to set who can come and chat. Perfect for clubs, guilds etc.

Shoutbox Sounds: You asked for it, we delivered. Customisable sounds now available on receiving shouts, Invites, PM's and more. (Requires QuickTime Plugin)
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Love it this could be fun..!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

It works great!
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Check it out gang..!! :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

CARLA;1323715 wrote: Check it gang..!! :)

Carla, Can your pm's be read on the shoutbox...?
Odie

Post by Odie »

so its basically a chat right?
Life is just to short for drama.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

No it is a chat function that follows activity on the board or who is in these chat areas.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Odie

Post by Odie »

CARLA;1323724 wrote: No it is a chat function that follows activity on the board or who is in these chat areas.

oh okay, I noticed members chatting, don't we find the same thing on home page, threads that are active?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I had to look down, shout box is at the top of the forum page. I think it is pretty cool.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Oh I don't like everyone seeing who has pm'd me and who I have pm'd.
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

Good stuff!
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
Peg

Post by Peg »

Odie;1323842 wrote: Oh I don't like everyone seeing who has pm'd me and who I have pm'd.

I'm pretty sure you and the other person are the only 2 who see it.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Peg;1323864 wrote: I'm pretty sure you and the other person are the only 2 who see it.

but, your not positive:yh_rotfl
Peg

Post by Peg »

I haven't been in there enough to really, really check it out.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Had a good convo with JD yesterday ....fun to catch up . And taught me a lesson in keeping in touch with people .............You all realise we almost 'lost him' last year kand again this year?
Odie

Post by Odie »

Peg;1323909 wrote: I haven't been in there enough to really, really check it out.

I'm just joking Peg.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

fuzzywuzzy;1323914 wrote: Had a good convo with JD yesterday ....fun to catch up . And taught me a lesson in keeping in touch with people .............You all realise we almost 'lost him' last year kand again this year?

What do you mean 'lost him' Mags?
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Had a heart attack and flatlined twice last November. Now has other troubles. Drop him a message Kath, We need him back here. and if I could be so impertenant he needs us too. many hours of laughter with him on this board. Don't you remember?
JacksDad

Post by JacksDad »

fuzzywuzzy;1323935 wrote: Had a heart attack and flatlined twice last November. Now has other troubles. Drop him a message Kath, We need him back here. and if I could be so impertenant he needs us too. many hours of laughter with him on this board. Don't you remember?

This thread is not exactly the place for that fuzzball. But thank you for caring about my well being.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I don't understand how it all works yet! Nothing strange there then :wah: I did notice that the world is being told what members are doing, and I'm not sure that is good or bad. It seems to be informing that so and so posted a PM to such and such, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not sure whether that is a good thing, or whether it is in fact delving into some members' privacy? There is, of course, no PM content printed but the fact that A has PM'd B could have an adverse affect?

As I say, though, I don't really understand the 'Shout' facility yet.:( :-5
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

G#Gill;1323956 wrote: I don't understand how it all works yet! Nothing strange there then :wah: I did notice that the world is being told what members are doing, and I'm not sure that is good or bad. It seems to be informing that so and so posted a PM to such and such, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not sure whether that is a good thing, or whether it is in fact delving into some members' privacy? There is, of course, no PM content printed but the fact that A has PM'd B could have an adverse affect?

As I say, though, I don't really understand the 'Shout' facility yet.:( :-5

hmm,, maybe as you are a mod you can see who pm'd who? I dont see that at all... I see it says when someone has posted a thread,, or posted on a thread, or a blog etc.... but havent seen anything about pm's at all. Mind you could always see on whos online who was pm'ing... not who they were messaging to ,, but i cant even see anything in the shoutbox about pms at all. Can you actually see it Gill?

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

maybe this has something to do with it,, i only copied and pasted so it dont show it proper,, next to enable private messaging for eg. it has a box that can be checked or unchecked.

you will find shoutbox serting in your user cp right at the bottom:)

Shoutbox Settings

General Settings

Private Messaging

Enable Private Messaging

If you do not want to send or receive private messages in the Shoutbox, you may disable the private messaging system.

Notifications

Enable Notifications

If you don't want to see Notifications for various events happening around the forum, you can disable them here.

System Messages

Enable System Messages

You may hide the various System Messages generated by Shoutbox Managers here.

Shout Style Override

Enable Shout Style Override

You may choose to display every shout with the same Shout Style customisations as your own.

Shout Sounds

Enable Shout Sounds

Enabling this setting will play a sound when a new Shout is posted in every active chat you are participating in, except for the one you are currently viewing.

Invite Sounds

Enable Invite Sounds

Enabling this setting will play a sound when you receive an invitation to a Chat Room.

PM Sound

Enable PM Sounds

Enabling this setting will play a sound when you receive a new Private Message.

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Peg

Post by Peg »

Wouldn't it be easier to use the "contact us" and ask TS if members can tell who is PM-ing who in the shout box? I'm off to do that now.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Peg;1323966 wrote: Wouldn't it be easier to use the "contact us" and ask TS if members can tell who is PM-ing who in the shout box? I'm off to do that now.

yes but no one has said they can see it yet:wah:surely someone must have pm'd someone since it started,, peg pm me and see if its in there ,, :wah: also im out of my mind with keep saying use contact us ,,:lips:dont matter how many times you say it ,,, people still ask on a thread.. mind i spose maybe they think the mods might know, i know i have thought so in the past:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Peg;1323966 wrote: Wouldn't it be easier to use the "contact us" and ask TS if members can tell who is PM-ing who in the shout box? I'm off to do that now.

I did that 2x yesterday and did not have an answer.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

kazalala;1323967 wrote: yes but no one has said they can see it yet:wah:surely someone must have pm'd someone since it started,, peg pm me and see if its in there ,, :wah: also im out of my mind with keep saying use contact us ,,:lips:dont matter how many times you say it ,,, people still ask on a thread.. mind i spose maybe they think the mods might know, i know i have thought so in the past:thinking:

Kaz, I did see that my pms that showed that I had pm'd someone and could read their response in the shoutbox. But I'm not sure if anyone could actually read the pm itself although I could since I sent it. So, I deleted mine from the shoutbox. I did use 'contact' 2x's yesterday and never received a response.

I then realized that you can delet info about your postings in your 'settings.' So i ticked off things I don't want to show in the shoutbox.

All seems good now I think.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Kathy Ellen;1323971 wrote: Kaz, I did see that my pms that showed that I had pm'd someone and could read their response in the shoutbox. But I'm not sure if anyone could actually read the pm itself although I could since I sent it. So, I deleted mine from the shoutbox. I did use 'contact' 2x's yesterday and never received a response.

I then realized that you can delet info about your postings in your 'settings.' So i ticked off things I don't want to show in the shoutbox.

All seems good now I think.

well i never saw any pms posted at all,, and i can still see convo's from yesterday and the day before in there so they must only show to you anyway... but best just have it the way you do as not showing in your settings.

sometimes it takes a day or two to get a reply and it is weekend also ,, :thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Peg;1323864 wrote: I'm pretty sure you and the other person are the only 2 who see it.

You are correct about that Peg.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I still don't get it......... :confused:

I don't see a shoutbox on my page.

I don't understand the purpose of it.

So....................I will carry on as usual.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

along-for-the-ride;1323989 wrote: I still don't get it......... :confused:

I don't see a shoutbox on my page.

I don't understand the purpose of it.

So....................I will carry on as usual.

Its like live chat :) if you click on forums on the green task bar its at the top of that page.

I think you can create a chat room thats private for you and whoever... but not worked it out yet:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
thomasrobert

Post by thomasrobert »

really you are doing good work.

-------------

Thomas
Arantelau

Post by Arantelau »

Great! I want to thank u topic because here I met my close friend and even wrote an article as for our story. Read it) its really interesting

Return to “News and Announcements”