Passionately in love? It won't last more than a year

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

yeah i read that shite too. all i can say is i am more in love than ever . :-4 well over a year.
Jives

Post by Jives »

Pffft. This from a bunch of guys who spend their days cooped up in a small laboratory wearing white jackets and dissecting mice.

OK, they might be right that the chemical process of love decreases after a year, but they are dead wrong about the passion. Passion is an emotion. Passion is a feeling. Passion is a desire and a longing. Passion is respect and caring. Passion is mutual attraction. Passion is a candle that shines brightly in the most fierce wind without flickering. An undying thirst to be near and be a part of a loved one.

It can be felt at many levels, in an infinite number of ways....none of which can be measured or quantified.

Passion is not, and can never be, the subject of a scientific analysis. Any more than the soul can...because passion and the soul are one.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

Gosh, my heart still skips a beat when I hear DH's voice or when he walks into a room.
Sandi

SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

Jives wrote: Pffft. This from a bunch of guys who spend their days cooped up in a small laboratory wearing white jackets and dissecting mice.

OK, they might be right that the chemical process of love decreases after a year, but they are dead wrong about the passion. Passion is an emotion. Passion is a feeling. Passion is a desire and a longing. Passion is respect and caring. Passion is mutual attraction. Passion is a candle that shines brightly in the most fierce wind without flickering. An undying thirst to be near and be a part of a loved one.

It can be felt at many levels, in an infinite number of ways....none of which can be measured or quantified.

Passion is not, and can never be, the subject of a scientific analysis. Any more than the soul can...because passion and the soul are one.

Are you talking about charles and camilla???
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

All I can say is I am sooooo glad we who have answered to this thread are in midtime of life. Love becomes not just a passion issue but an issue of love. When you are the best friend with the person you love - in the 50's or 40's or perhaps any age according to how you feel. - you make a bond with them that is incredibly strong. OK - I'm waxing stupid here.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
The Red One

Post by The Red One »

My husband and I have been together for eleven years and married for ten of those, our passion and love are stronger now than ever, they can kiss it. I agree, they are men stuck in a room with lab coats. Do they really have time to have a relationship and test it out in the real world? :thinking:

Return to “Science”