Giant Squid

Fibonacci

Giant Squid

Post by Fibonacci »

Researchers have filmed a live giant squid.

Check it out:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/12 ... index.html
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
lady cop

Giant Squid

Post by lady cop »

that is wonderful!
Lulu2

Giant Squid

Post by Lulu2 »

Nice to know they're out there, isn't it?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
chonsigirl

Giant Squid

Post by chonsigirl »

That is cool, there was special I think on Discovery, about finding them but I don't remember much more since I didn't watch it all. I think my husband turned the channel back to the football game......:p
CARLA

Giant Squid

Post by CARLA »

Why did they have to kill it..:thinking:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Fibonacci

Giant Squid

Post by Fibonacci »

Lulu2;494469 wrote: Nice to know they're out there, isn't it?

Yeah. I love hearing about stuff like this!

CARLA;494481 wrote: Why did they have to kill it..:thinking:

I don't think they intentionally killed it. It was probably stress from the capture.
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
HumanBeast

Giant Squid

Post by HumanBeast »

The Japanese may start harvesting them.

Return to “Science”