Extinct Turtle Found

Fibonacci

Extinct Turtle Found

Post by Fibonacci »

The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Lulu2

Extinct Turtle Found

Post by Lulu2 »

I saw this....the article I read mentioned that these turtles are sold as food. Finding one, two or even a dozen won't matter. Sad.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Fibonacci

Extinct Turtle Found

Post by Fibonacci »

Oh, I didn't know that. It is sad.

Can i ask where you read that?
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Lulu2

Extinct Turtle Found

Post by Lulu2 »

News at the zoo today. Here's another look:

http://townhall.com/News/NewsArticle.as ... c6ae3236ad

It's good that local people recognized the value of this animal....but those upriver may not give it another thought. After all, they once were common....
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Patsy Warnick

Extinct Turtle Found

Post by Patsy Warnick »

How interesting

Sometime back during our monsoon weather - what do I see but a turtle walking across my patio - OMG - its the size of a salad plate. I corraled a area in and now this turtle is burrowed. I've tapped on its shell and it moves so its a cold winter thing it does I guess. I'm still trying to find out more about this type of turtle.

When I picked the turtle up - he wasn't afraid - so I thought it was comfortable being handled - I kept it thinking it must be someones pet - no takers yet.

Patsy
Fibonacci

Extinct Turtle Found

Post by Fibonacci »

Wow! It's A good thing that the person who Bought it, realized it was important.

Someone else might have just eaten it with out a second thought.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Extinct Turtle Found

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Didn't the wonderful Steve Irwin also find a species of sea turtle that no one knew about . I think it was also named after him
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Lulu2

Extinct Turtle Found

Post by Lulu2 »

Patsy, where do you live? Turtles/tortoises will often get "torpid" in cold weather, as you've surmised. It'll be interesting to see what you've got!

Return to “Science”