tutors available online?

jonweb20

tutors available online?

Post by jonweb20 »

I need help with Science. Are there any free or inexpensive tutors available online? I found several databases full of science answers which were very helpful, but I would really like to find a tutor to work with.

Thanks.

Jon
spot

tutors available online?

Post by spot »

Tutors at what level, jon? There are peer study groups and tutor-led study groups which include tutoring that I've used (I paid $5 a term for the one I got most out of) but I don't know any single organization which covers all levels of academic preparation. If you can nail it down to a school-year or an exam or an existing course somewhere which covers similar territory, we might be able to suggest something.

Oh, and which country - that makes a huge difference as well. All US education seems to rely entirely on completing a multiple choice proof that you've read the course materials, and the proof is given by recalling minute trivia or opinion from the materials rather than knowing anything about the topic. It means that however expert you are in the subject, you can't pass the module without actually reading that specific set of course materials thoroughly. It induces a degree of frustration sometimes and it has absolutely nothing whatever to do with education.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
donandy81

tutors available online?

Post by donandy81 »

Try tutorswithoutlimits.com. They have profiles of thousands of online tutors from around the globe covering most subjects. Some of the prices are as low as $2 an hour. I guess in India that is decent money. Good luck with your parents.
spot

tutors available online?

Post by spot »

donandy81;534712 wrote: Try tutorswithoutlimits.com. They have profiles of thousands of online tutors from around the globe covering most subjects. Some of the prices are as low as $2 an hour. I guess in India that is decent money. Good luck with your parents.

Ah. That's twice that site's been mentioned this week. Tutoring seems to have become a hot topic among new members here. I think we can only give useful advice if we get rather more explicit descriptions of what people actually need.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Fibonacci

tutors available online?

Post by Fibonacci »

:yh_think
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
abbey

tutors available online?

Post by abbey »

spot;534714 wrote: Ah. That's twice that site's been mentioned this week. Tutoring seems to have become a hot topic among new members here. I think we can only give useful advice if we get rather more explicit descriptions of what people actually need.And how fortuitous there's always someone around to give a reply ;)

donandy81;534712 wrote: Try tutorswithoutlimits.com. They have profiles of thousands of online tutors from around the globe covering most subjects. Some of the prices are as low as $2 an hour. I guess in India that is decent money. Good luck with your parents.:rolleyes:

Return to “Science”