oil contamination

nvalleyvee

oil contamination

Post by nvalleyvee »

As an environmentalist I know oil contamination is good for the environment. Talk to me if you want to know more.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Jika

oil contamination

Post by Jika »

What the? :confused:
koan

oil contamination

Post by koan »

the very word "contamination" defeats your arguement. Is there another phrase for it?

I have had extensive meetings with an environmental scientist who does bioremediation. Nature will cleanse the environment but it can take millions of years. This scientist found a way to hyperactivate the bacteria that converts the contamination to ozone. Quite fascinating and miraculous. At no time during our meeting did the idea of contaminants being harmless arise.
nvalleyvee

oil contamination

Post by nvalleyvee »

The Valdez oil spill was a perfect example of "oil contamination" the lighter grades went into the air. The heavier grades sunk to the bottom of the sea and the bacteria ate the hydrocarbons (cleaved them off) - which gave more food to the plankton - which gave more food to the small fish - etc. etc.. The birds recovered within a year - the fishing industry had 9 Great years after Valdez. I'm not saying an environmental disaster is good - I'm saying it does not hurt the environment as much as liberals would have you think.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Jika

oil contamination

Post by Jika »

nvalleyvee care to quote your sources?

Return to “Science”