An open letter to Christians

Suresh Gupta

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Marah wrote: You practice intolerance, cruelty, injustice, persecution and commit grieves sins against man and nature all in the name of Christ.

Allow me to replace the word 'Christians' by 'all' and 'Christ' by 'God'. It becomes -

'An open letter to all' - You practice intolerance, cruelty, injustice, persecution and commit grave sins against man and nature all in the name of God."

How do you like it now?
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

http://www.betterlife4all.com
Suresh Gupta

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Warsai wrote: There are extremists in every religion and it is unfair to label all Christians as people who practice cruelty and intolerance. But please don't lump all Christians into one category.

No one can be in disagreement with you. It why I edited the post by replacing 'christianity' with 'all' and 'Christ' with 'God'.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

telaquapacky

Post by telaquapacky »

But they are led by narrow minded, fearful persons devoid of understanding. They often speak with out thought and preach without understanding what they say.

I do not understand why man kind is so afraid to admit there is room in God for all. They squable like syblings, "Dad likes me more than he likes you." but any parent can tell you that they love all their children the same but for different reasons, as all men are different.

Christians fail to be like Christ because they have chosen men as their leaders instead of Christ.

Jesus is not a mere man. Christ claims equality with God, saying,"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6).

If you label someone a religious bigot who says Christianity is the only way of salvation, you're saying Jesus was the biggest religious bigot of all. Not only did He say there was only one Way to salvation, righteousness, eternal life- all the things people seek religion for, Jesus said He IS the Way, and there is no other way but HIM.

A Christian who understands and believes what Jesus said about Himself is in the unavoidable position of being misunderstood by all other world religions. We cannot truly follow Christ and believe what He said about Himself without others thinking we are bigots. In feeling the need to share what we believe is the only way of salvation, we don't think we are being bigoted, but inclusive and loving. We feel it would be bigoted and exclusive NOT to lovingly share what we believe is the only true Way of salvation with our neighbors.

Doubtless, the way Christians proselytize sometimes is wrong and offensive, and on behalf of all Christians I express my sincere apology and ask for your forgiveness. But it's like I said, Christians often follow men instead of Christ. When we follow Christ and show the world God's love the way He commanded us to, no one can rightly be offended, and if they are, it is because their problem is with God, not with us.

If you feel we are misguided, please humor us. We certainly mean no harm. But don't remake Christ in your own favorite image. He was clear about Who He is, and He won't sit on a shelf to be venerated equally with other gods.
Look what the cat dragged in.
Suresh Gupta

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Marah wrote: I wish only to bring awareness to people. I do not think they do these things intentionally. They do not awaken and say i will be intolerant and mean today. But they are led by narrow minded, fearful persons devoid of understanding. They often speak with out thought and preach without understanding what they say.

I do not understand why man kind is so afraid to admit there is room in God for all. They squable like syblings, "Dad likes me more than he likes you." but any parent can tell you that they love all their children the same but for different reasons, as all men are different. How do we teach the world to care for each other as they would care for their syblings? Marah

Peoples' acts are guided by their thought process. If one's thought process is negative then most likely he will be intolerant and unjustly critical of others. But I beg to differ that people are led by narrow minded . fearful persons devoid of understanding. It is like blaming others for our own faults. One's approach should not be looking from inside to outside, but from outside to inside oneself.

All mankind is a creation of God. We are His images. How then can one think that there is no room for all in God. He loves all. He does not differentiate.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Suresh Gupta

Post by Suresh Gupta »

soulja1906 wrote: are you saying that al-shatan (lucifer) is.....wait, no, just tell me what you think about satan. im unclear.

In my opinion satan is a person who speaks ill of others and willfully becomes a cause for bringing harm to others. Stan is inside everybody. We are not able to see him as we always look from inside to outside. If we look from outside to inside us, we will immediately find him lurking in a dark conner of our innerself and ready to overpower us. Our goodness, our faith in God, our unselfish love for others keep him in control.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Return to “General Religious Discussions”