Why Life?

Suresh Gupta

Why Life?

Post by Suresh Gupta »

phillo16 has asked a question - I was just wondering what you people think we are actually put here for? why do we exist? What is the reason fro living i just cant understand it. New thoughts on this come into my head too oftne to choose one.

Let me try to answer it. There was no time when this world did not exist and there will be no time when it will not exist. There was no time when we were not in this world and there will be no time when we will not exist in this world. We are permanently united with God. Due to our actions God separates us from him and send us to this world. In this world we remain as the mainfestation of God. It is like water in a river. Take some water out of the river and put it in a pot. After some time put it again in the river. Will there be any difference? Now during the time water is in the pot, it can be used for some good work or for some bad work. But its ultimate goal is to reach the river. It may take less time to return or it may take more time to return to the river depending on whether it was used for good or bad purpose. Similarly people in this world have been separated from the God. Some are doing good work and some are doing bad work. But ultimately they will unite with God. But this union will not take place untill and unless the prople do good work only. Any bad work will delay their unification with God. I hope you agree with me.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

http://www.betterlife4all.com
Suresh Gupta

Why Life?

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Marah wrote: is it possible, do you think that we were put here for the enjoyment of the creator. We are created in the image and so we must look inside our selfs. I have children. I wanted to have them to love and be loved and to watch them grow and become. I enjoy seeing bits of myself in them and bits of their Father in them but I marvel at their own uniqueness. I had no other thought, just that I wanted to have children to love. I believe it is the same with the creator. We are here for his enjoyment. Marah

Why should we think whether we are here for His enjoyment? He has sent us here, we are here and we should make full use of this life time. One thing is sure that He loves everybody and wants us to love all that He has created. You have children and you love them. This means that you love God. Loving others is a prayer to God. You love all and then it will be an enjoyment for all including God.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

gmc

Why Life?

Post by gmc »

From the HotchHikers Guide to the Galaxy.

forty two.

Stiill as good an answer as I have come across.
Clint

Why Life?

Post by Clint »

The absence of life is death. Without life we wouldn't be having this discussion. Living things require order. God has given order to his living creation. We are a part of that order. It is our mission to find our place in that order and apply ourselves to it in a way that brings strength and vibrancy to God's creation. Our effort is the reenactment of God's love to the best of our ability.

When we fail we look to God's love, demonstrated by the living sacrifice of His Son. That selfless act of love gives us the ability to try again.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Suresh Gupta

Why Life?

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Clint wrote: The absence of life is death. Without life we wouldn't be having this discussion. Living things require order. God has given order to his living creation. We are a part of that order. It is our mission to find our place in that order and apply ourselves to it in a way that brings strength and vibrancy to God's creation. Our effort is the reenactment of God's love to the best of our ability.

A very nice and thoughtful post. Thanks.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Return to “General Religious Discussions”