Darkness

koan

Darkness

Post by koan »

I think before a person can really say they are religious they have to have questioned their faith. I went through two years after becoming religious where I stopped believing in anything. I found my proof despite not looking for it and was drawn back into the search. These were, in retrospect, very dark times. On the hierarchy of needs, I'd say I was in pure survival mode.

I started a thread on life changing experiences but I am wondering here, what would you say to someone that is doubting the existence of a superior power? Something more helpful than "It's there." Something that would have helped you when you experienced this.

If you don't believe in a higher power, why do you think your life is better for this belief?
koan

Darkness

Post by koan »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I haven't read that book but it sounds very interesting.

Whether one believes in God by that name or any other, I think the strongest personal proof comes in the darkest times and for that I am thankful for the struggles I have had. I think some people miss the signs of a higher power because they are waiting for a 'neon sign'. A little searching and an open mind as to what form the proof will take could possibly help a lot of people see 'the light'.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”