The Bible shifted some Gears in my mind.

freethinkingthuthseeker

Post by freethinkingthuthseeker »

Mickiel;1271130 wrote: Greetings Kevin,

Well I think quite different from you. I do not see a battle between God and satan in the bible, God has assigned satan to do what he does. There can be no battle against God, what are the odds that any being can beat God? There are no odds, no one can defeat God. If you look at God as fighting satan now, then from that mistaken mindset, God is sorely loosing, satan is the god of this world now, and he has it hands down. No, there is no war, no battle, its all going exactly as God has planned it.

And all the people possessed by satan and his demons, all blasphemers, all disobedient unbelievers, they NEED Gods Salvation more than you do, your just not willing to give it to them. But Salvation is not yours or mine to give or take, and God IS willing for all those who you think are lost, to be found and saved.

And thats exactly whats going to happen, because God ALWAYS gets what he wills.

Anyhow, a good journey to you.

Peace.

Thank you Mikael

so what do you think happened to Hitler then?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1271179 wrote: Thank you Mikael

so what do you think happened to Hitler then?

He was perhaps killed. Will be ressurected, and Jesus will treat him the same way he treats any sinner who needs his help. He will treat him just like Paul was treated after he had killed many believers. He will be forgiven and saved, thats what Hitler needs. Tell me, what do you think Hitler needs?

Peace.
freethinkingthuthseeker

There seems to be no doubts at all that Hitler lilled hinself and then there is in Matthew 7:222-24 Jesus saying the following about the end times:

2Many will say to Me in that Day, `Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name, and in Thy name have cast out devils, and in Thy name done many wonderful works?'

23And then will I profess unto them, `I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity.'

24"Therefore, whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, who built his house upon a rock.

How do you interpret this? Please ask God through the name of Jesus by the holy spirit to show you this with Respect
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1271457 wrote: There seems to be no doubts at all that Hitler lilled hinself and then there is in Matthew 7:222-24 Jesus saying the following about the end times:

2Many will say to Me in that Day, `Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name, and in Thy name have cast out devils, and in Thy name done many wonderful works?'

23And then will I profess unto them, `I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity.'

24"Therefore, whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, who built his house upon a rock.

How do you interpret this? Please ask God through the name of Jesus by the holy spirit to show you this with Respect

Well I interpit it as it states. These people who Christ never knew and turned away were not people like Hitler. These were people like " Christians", who Were Prophets, Preachers, Believers who cast out demons and did many works that they thought were for God. But they were deceived, they were not working for God, they just thought they did. This is what Christ plainly said.

Now, who do you like to think these people were?

Peace.
freethinkingthuthseeker

Indeeed sone of them would have been christians albeit in word and not in heart but do you think those will also be saved?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1271547 wrote: Indeeed sone of them would have been christians albeit in word and not in heart but do you think those will also be saved?

Of course , I believe in all humanity being saved, Christians included. I don't see any reason for anyone to be left out, we all were created to be saved and live forever.

Peace.
freethinkingthuthseeker

Mickiel;1271771 wrote: Of course , I believe in all humanity being saved, Christians included. I don't see any reason for anyone to be left out, we all were created to be saved and live forever.

Peace.

Peace to you too but what about the following from the same lesson from Jesus:

“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and

broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in

thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto

life, and few there be that find it.” (Matthew 7:13-14)?

There is also a point that an earlier post asked which you have not anwswered in thatYes the Bibledoes state that God wants to save us all but nowhere that it explicitely states that all of Humanity SHALL be saved?

People who become possessed and "love thier sins" and fail to repent cannot be able to enter Heaven for there is sin in thier hearts.

I also believe that in reference to Hell the fire which is mentioned and the nashing of teeth is not a physical fire but the fire inside each person of frustration at the absence of Gods Love.

Hve you watched the "To hell and back documentary yet" It is very immpressive

Bless you

K
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1271942 wrote: Peace to you too but what about the following from the same lesson from Jesus:

People who become possessed and "love thier sins" and fail to repent cannot be able to enter Heaven for there is sin in thier hearts.

Bless you

K

So you actually believe that God can do nothing with a person who is possessed , love their sin and do not repent? I disagree, there is nothing that God cannot do. That type of person is the one who really needs his help, that type of person is the kind Jesus died for, the ones who can't help themselves. God and Christ are perfect at removing sin from human hearts.

It saddens me that you cannot see this.

Peace.
freethinkingthuthseeker

Mickiel;1272196 wrote: So you actually believe that God can do nothing with a person who is possessed , love their sin and do not repent? I disagree, there is nothing that God cannot do. That type of person is the one who really needs his help, that type of person is the kind Jesus died for, the ones who can't help themselves. God and Christ are perfect at removing sin from human hearts.

It saddens me that you cannot see this.

Peace.

Don't be sad, I am fine trying to live to Gods clean standards for a have repented for most of my sins and trying to do my best to live fully in God's standards.

Of course God free's people from possession, but only if they want to be liberated. Thats the point God wants us to come to him. The Bible is full of lessons on this.

How do you account for the fact that Jesus statated that blaspheming against the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven?

God Bless you
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1273610 wrote: Don't be sad, I am fine trying to live to Gods clean standards for a have repented for most of my sins and trying to do my best to live fully in God's standards.

Hey, if you think your living according to and keeping Gods standards, your not going to pay attention to anything said to you.

Sweet dreams,

Peace.
freethinkingthuthseeker

Thank you, I actually said I was striving to live that way and as a Christian I know the devil works harder on us to steal our lives.

I have asked you more than once now whether you have taken time to watch " to hell and back" , you have not ansered this, Why I wonder?

it is for your understanding possibly a key documentary to watch and is free to veiw on TBN as well as tv shack in the documentary section.

It is testamonial and fascinating, I can't reccomend it enough. It is only 80 minutes of your time.

One final question, if you believe ythat once you begin to know God you can just ignore his clean standards and be saved?

God Bless you in Jesus name
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1274989 wrote: Thank you, I actually said I was striving to live that way and as a Christian I know the devil works harder on us to steal our lives.

I have asked you more than once now whether you have taken time to watch " to hell and back" , you have not ansered this, Why I wonder?

it is for your understanding possibly a key documentary to watch and is free to veiw on TBN as well as tv shack in the documentary section.

It is testamonial and fascinating, I can't reccomend it enough. It is only 80 minutes of your time. quote

I hold no intrest in any program concerning hell, I view them as meaningless. I don't believe in the Christian hell. So why watch these meaningless programs?

One final question, if you believe ythat once you begin to know God you can just ignore his clean standards and be saved?

God Bless you in Jesus name

I believe that all people will be saved, salvation is not a reward for clean living, its a reward for sinners saved by grace.

Christians just think its based on good works.

Peace.
freethinkingthuthseeker

So your not going to answer my question about watching to hell and back?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1275337 wrote: So your not going to answer my question about watching to hell and back?

I answered the question, I said very plainly that I am not interested in programs about hell.

But if you need it simpler, No, I am not going to watch the program. No one has went to hell, because it does not exist. The bible said the dead " Know Nothing", meaning they are not conscious. Christianity has your mind, thats why you view and accept these television programs about hell.

Peace.
freethinkingthuthseeker

I see, you think the programme is about hell without having seen it.

Interesting, judigng by the title alone, just like judging a book by the cover.

I have never stated the subject matter of the documentary asnd I am only a Christian because what Jesus did to save us is so incrediblly loving and sacrificial.

I suggest you at least give the documentary 15 minutes of your time 9 it is only 80 minutes in total) before dismissing, or are you afraid to watch it?

God bless you in Jesus name
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1276029 wrote:

I have never stated the subject matter of the documentary asnd I am only a Christian because what Jesus did to save us is so incrediblly loving and sacrificial.

God bless you in Jesus name

Interesting, you claim to understand that what Jesus did is so incredibily loving and sacrifical, yet your religion believes that much of sinful unbelieving humanity willnot fall under this great sacrifice from this loving being. This is why I pay little attention to Christians, or to the programs you suggest. Your minds have no concept of the gravity of Christ Sacrifice, only self glorification, and the willingness to make a bed in hell for unbelievers.

I hold no use for such pious views of the true Love of Christ.

Peace.
freethinkingthuthseeker

Mickiel;1276106 wrote: Interesting, you claim to understand that what Jesus did is so incredibily loving and sacrifical, yet your religion believes that much of sinful unbelieving humanity willnot fall under this great sacrifice from this loving being.

Firtly I am not emphatically not "religious". I habe aone to one Spiritual relationship with God and my understanding of the Bible is blessed by God's Holy Spirit

I will ask you a series of questions in response to your opinions and answers to me. I pray you will attend to all of them

Do you understand the difference between religion and a spiritual relationship with God?

Do you really believe that Jesus sacrified himself as a man in order for ALL unrepentant sinners to join Him in heaven?

This is why I pay little attention to Christians,

When you state " Christians" to whom are you referring to???

What do you classify yourself as?

or to the programs you suggest. Your minds - who are you classifying me with when you state " your minds" There is a multitue of different Christians?

have no concept of the gravity of Christ Sacrifice, only self glorification, and the willingness to make a bed in hell for unbelievers.

I hold no use for such pious views of the true Love of Christ.

With the greatest of respect, the Bible is only truely understandable though the supervision of the Holy spirit og God

You began this thread as an apparent novice, have you taken on board the Gospel message that one needs to be Born again in Christ to enter heaven?

Do you understand from the Bible that Spiritual development is fully provided so that when we are more Spiritually mature, we can make Spiritual decisions to lewt go of sins that we previously repeated?

If you are not a Christian, what exactly do you class yourself as in relation to God?

I ask these questions with respect although it may not appear so and ask God to bless you to understand that once you have learnt God's universal Laws, and by the Grace of God through the Glorious Power of the Holy Ghost drive out the demons who persist in corrupting us to offend GOD's laws - in Jesus name - may bless you to look again and pray for spiritual guidance for deeper understanding of Gods lessons from the scriptures.

For one reading of the BIBLE IS WAY TO INSUFFICIENT

God Bless you Mikael

Peace.
I suspect that like one third of the Angels rebelleed against God and will dwell in Hell, onew third of Humanity may too.

Your conviction that Jesus came to save ALL is according to Scripture possible but contentious. Have you had a genuine Revelation from God's Holy Spirit on this?

Does it encourage you to carry on sinning?

I hope you answer all the points, there is no rush to hear your full conclusions for me but please be aware that some of my addresses are within the Quote from you

Peace, Love and respect

k
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

[QUOTE=freethinkingthuthseeker;1277210]I suspect that like one third of the Angels rebelleed against God and will dwell in Hell, onew third of Humanity may too.quote

I do not believe 1/3 of the Angels rebelled against God, I believe God created demons to be just what they are, and do just what they are doing. There was no rebellion, they were evil from their conception. And there is no such place as hell

Your conviction that Jesus came to save ALL is according to Scripture possible but contentious. Have you had a genuine Revelation from God's Holy Spirit on this?quote

I do not have Gods Spirit, I understand only what I understand.

Does it encourage you to carry on sinning?quote.

I need no encouragement to sin, I do it naturally by myself.

I am not Christian, I consider myself as a sinner in search and in need of his creator, I have not progressed beyond that point.

I do believe Jesus sacrifice has saved every created human being after Adam.

I understand the difference in religion and a relationship with God.

I believe in being Born Again, but I do not believe anyone on earth has been yet, the new birth is grossly misunderstood.

Peace.
freethinkingthuthseeker

Mickiel;1277489 wrote: [QUOTE=freethinkingthuthseeker;1277210]I suspect that like one third of the Angels rebelleed against God and will dwell in Hell, onew third of Humanity may too.quote

I do not believe 1/3 of the Angels rebelled against God, I believe God created demons to be just what they are, and do just what they are doing. There was no rebellion, they were evil from their conception. And there is no such place as hell

********* Very Interesting, did you not know that Satan was the leading worshiping archangel in heaven to begin with before this universe and eternity?

Your conviction that Jesus came to save ALL is according to Scripture possible but contentious. Have you had a genuine Revelation from God's Holy Spirit on this?quote

I do not have Gods Spirit, I understand only what I understand.

One cannot understand Gods Holy words without Gods holy spirit. Are you merely applying pure human logical thought to Gods holy words?

Does it encourage you to carry on sinning?quote.

I need no encouragement to sin, I do it naturally by myself.

It is not natural to sin, or at least once you recognise what is sin to continue is encouraged by demonic spirits and as one grows to love the sins, - which is rebellion against God - satans first act against God was pride and rebellion, then one can become possessed by he love of sins. In fact the Bible is clear that when being cleansed one needs to name the sins which are the names of the demons which rebelled against God and are named by all the negaitive traits of mankind e.g hate anger, jealousy, betrayal, rebellion, addiction, lust etc etc

I am not Christian, I consider myself as a sinner in search and in need of his creator,**** whose creator? I have not progressed beyond that point.Bless you to continue progressing towards God

I do believe Jesus sacrifice has saved every created human being after Adam. **** including Adam I trust? Indeed ijesus sacrifice is there for all but Free choice is a gift from God to all too, angels and humans alike in this respect

I understand the difference in religion and a relationship with God.**** How if you have no spiritual revelations?

I believe in being Born Again, but I do not believe anyone on earth has been yet, the new birth is grossly misunderstood.**** again no sign of the spirit within us alas, Jesus wasnt joking when he said " The Kingdom of God is AT HAND"

Please pray for spiritual guidance whenever you rerad the Bible.

Invite jesus into your heart and he will come to you,

God bless you

Peace.

ll the best for this beautiful year

K
DusanS

Post by DusanS »

I wonder when all this religious madness is going to stop

people, what is the point to all this crap?

do you see how many wars, killings, masacres are being done in past and present all in the name of religion?

why are you still promoting garbage?
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

DusanS;1290919 wrote: I wonder when all this religious madness is going to stop

do you see how many wars, killings, masacres are being done in past and present all in the name of religion?

why are you still promoting garbage?Hello, Dusan, and welcome to the forum.

As to your question: Belief systems are maintained through a generational handing down process I think, so as younger people come on the scene who have been taught the elements of the doctrine, the same questions and affirmations are repeated anew again and again.

Its a good question.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
DusanS

Post by DusanS »

Thanks for your response, and I apreciate your opinion that religion beliefs are handed down from generation to generation, but also are handed down wars, murders, and all in the name of same those religions, Palestine, Israel, terrorism, as new generation, we might say, enough is enough.

Nothing makes sense any more, when we have for example a civilizational achivement such as World Trade Center, achivement of not a single race, or nationality, or religion, but achivement of a human race, and that gets destroyed in the name of religion, then in retaliation, we go and drop bombs, continue killings, like vicious circle, they kill us, we kill them, never ending violence, it is time to say enough with this madness, it is time to abolish organized religion, and believe me, if Jesus was alive, and he sees all the misery in the world, done in his name, or against his name, he would do the same.

It makes no sense any more even talking about religion, its so stupid.

In Pakistan they have fanatical madrasa schools, here they have fanatical bible studies, madness, madness, madness....

one new hate is being born every single second in the world, one fanatical religion is going against another fanatical religion, and new victims are lining up ready for slaughter...

Religion in any form, any name, makes no sense any more, it just create misery, hate, death.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

DusanS;1291015 wrote: Thanks for your response, and I apreciate your opinion that religion beliefs are handed down from generation to generation, but also are handed down wars, murders, and all in the name of same those religions, Palestine, Israel, terrorism, as new generation, we might say, enough is enough.

Nothing makes sense any more, when we have for example a civilizational achivement such as World Trade Center, achivement of not a single race, or nationality, or religion, but achivement of a human race, and that gets destroyed in the name of religion, then in retaliation, we go and drop bombs, continue killings, like vicious circle, they kill us, we kill them, never ending violence, it is time to say enough with this madness, it is time to abolish organized religion, and believe me, if Jesus was alive, and he sees all the misery in the world, done in his name, or against his name, he would do the same.

It makes no sense any more even talking about religion, its so stupid.

In Pakistan they have fanatical madrasa schools, here they have fanatical bible studies, madness, madness, madness....

one new hate is being born every single second in the world, one fanatical religion is going against another fanatical religion, and new victims are lining up ready for slaughter...

Religion in any form, any name, makes no sense any more, it just create misery, hate, death.Here is some interesting information I found on wikipedia about why Bin Ladin wanted to attack the U.S.. It isn't all religion per se.

Formation and structuring of Al-Qaeda

Main article: Al-Qaeda

By 1988, bin Laden had split from Maktab al-Khidamat. While Azzam acted as support for Afghan fighters, bin Laden wanted a more military role. One of the main points leading to the split and the creation of al-Qaeda was Azzam's insistence that Arab fighters be integrated among the Afghan fighting groups instead of forming a separate fighting force.[49]

Following the Soviet Union's withdrawal from Afghanistan in February 1989, Osama bin Laden returned to Saudi Arabia in 1990 as a hero of jihad, who along with his Arab legion, "had brought down the mighty superpower" of the Soviet Union.[50] The Iraqi invasion of Kuwait on August 2, 1990 had put the kingdom and its ruling House of Saud at risk. The world's most valuable oil fields were within easy striking distance of Iraqi forces in Kuwait, and Saddam's call to pan-Arab/Islamism could potentially rally internal dissent. bin Laden met with King Fahd, and Sultan, Minister of Defence of Saudi Arabia, telling them not to depend on non-Muslim troops, and offered to help defend Saudi Arabia with his mujahideen fighters. Bin Laden's offer was rebuffed, and after the American offer to help repel Iraq from Kuwait was accepted, involving deploying U.S. troops in Saudi territory[51], he publicly denounced Saudi Arabia's dependence on the U.S. military, as he believed the presence of foreign troops in the "land of the two mosques" (Mecca and Medina) profaned sacred soil. Bin Laden's criticism of the Saudi monarchy led that government to attempt to silence him.

Shortly after Saudi Arabia permitted U.S. troops on Saudi soil, bin Laden turned his attention to attacks on the west. On November 8, 1990, the FBI raided the New Jersey home of El Sayyid Nosair, an associate of al Qaeda operative Ali Mohamed, discovering a great deal of evidence of terrorist plots, including plans to blow up New York City skyscrapers, marking the earliest uncovering of al Qaeda plans for such activities outside of Muslim countries.[52] Nosair was eventually convicted in connection to the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, and for the murder of Rabbi Meir Kahane on November 5, 1990.

Bin Laden continued to speak publicly against the Saudi government for harboring American troops, for which the Saudis banished him. He went to live in exile in Sudan, in 1992, in a deal brokered by al Qaeda operative Ali Mohamed[53].

Osama bin Laden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
DusanS

Post by DusanS »

Interesting, but it is also Al-qaeda, acusing "western Judeo-Christian crusaders atempt at invading Arab countries" establishment of israel in the middle of Arab world, supply it with weapons, nuclear, and other, and many, many other things, that gave them reason for terrorism.

By backing off with our religious self promotion, public "bible studies", and promoting science instead, supporting anti-religious goverments in Palestine, and Israel, we will give chance to people with secular ideas in other countries to spread voice of progress.

To eliminate hate, we must dry pond in wich that hate trives, and multiplies, and religion is cause for all this hate on all sides...
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I think religion is the cause of much of this suffering and wars. Which is why I left religion, no longer hold a use for it. Religion is now a " Wild Hair in mans belief system". We think we need it, and it has grown wild, both in its doctrines and its condemnation of the world.

Peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

A definte shift in the mind must occur, if one would seek to understand God. If a human would seek to be a friend of God, they must be willing to serve their minds with a mental aittitude of " The discovery of deception within their own minds." It is not now possible to know God, without a divorce of what you already know. An exhale of powerful sorts, you throw up all that religion has put in you. What you learned from your parents, how can you serve God and not be willing to walk away from your prior learning? The temptation is to include it, as if it was right.

The bible shifted those gears in my mind, as I had to leave my Mothers beliefs.

And I want to go into that.

Peace.
DusanS

Post by DusanS »

In nature of humans in general, and as a cause of very complicated brain functions, result of million years of evolution, we think a lot, we are great thinkers, inventors, and we are all deep down spiritualists, if not believers, leaning towards "spiritual" life, which religion took over, and turned it into pissing contest with other religions....

What we must do, is take our spirituality away from religion, and find a new meaning to our existence, meaning that will co-exist with other people on this planet, and all for the purpose of peace among us all.

What you see in the middle east, and elsewhere in the world is nothing else, but pure madness, and by promoting our own religious beliefs, we add fuel to the global conflict, and hate, and why?

What's the point?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

DusanS;1292889 wrote: In nature of humans in general, and as a cause of very complicated brain functions, result of million years of evolution, we think a lot, we are great thinkers, inventors, and we are all deep down spiritualists, if not believers, leaning towards "spiritual" life, which religion took over, and turned it into pissing contest with other religions....

What we must do, is take our spirituality away from religion, and find a new meaning to our existence, meaning that will co-exist with other people on this planet, and all for the purpose of peace among us all.

What you see in the middle east, and elsewhere in the world is nothing else, but pure madness, and by promoting our own religious beliefs, we add fuel to the global conflict, and hate, and why?

What's the point?

I totally disagree that human nature is the result of evolution. Evolution is a human replacement for the creative abilitys of God himself. Its plastic normenclature, human stuffings, an ignorance digested by humans who seek to exclude God from our existence. And they think we are continuous with the idiot hierarchies of speechless apes. Religion is meaningless, I agree with that, and I agree with taking our Spiritually aweay from religion, and I want to go into where we should take it from.

Peace.
DusanS

Post by DusanS »

You can include "God" into humans existence as much as you want, problem is... what is, or who is, above mentioned, "God"?

How can you define something you know nothing about, or something you never seen?

By bible stories?

All religious books are written by humans, some deranged, some poor, maybe desperate, confused, scared, but humans, they wrote, oh, did they wrote, plenty of stories, some very convincing, even for my level of inteligence...

But, lets remove higher level of unpleasant arguments about "God's" existence, and lets asume that HE does exist, in all his pride, and glory, now what would he say, after seeing all murders, masacres, tortures done in his name, or against his name, what would he say?

"Continue killing in my name"?

Or "don't believe in me any more"?

New age is here, and new believs should come in wake of horrible chapters of miserable human history filled with religious wars, and hate...

Blind belief should be replaced with a reasonable one...

And all for the common good.

Peace through abolition of religion!

God willing...
freethinkingthuthseeker

DusanS;1290919 wrote: I wonder when all this religious madness is going to stop

why are you still promoting garbage?

I do not promore garbage, but it is true that a lot of trouble hsas come from religion.

I am not religious, the bible is about a spititual war between the forces of satan and God.

What " garbage" do you believe regarding creation of this universe and eternity and mankind?

Respect

K
freethinkingthuthseeker

DusanS;1293021 wrote: You can include "God" into humans existence as much as you want, problem is... what is, or who is, above mentioned, "God"?

How can you define something you know nothing about, or something you never seen?

By bible stories?

All religious books are written by humans, some deranged, some poor, maybe desperate, confused, scared, but humans, they wrote, oh, did they wrote, plenty of stories, some very convincing, even for my level of inteligence...

But, lets remove higher level of unpleasant arguments about "God's" existence, and lets asume that HE does exist, in all his pride, and glory, now what would he say, after seeing all murders, masacres, tortures done in his name, or against his name, what would he say?

"Continue killing in my name"?

Or "don't believe in me any more"?

New age is here, and new believs should come in wake of horrible chapters of miserable human history filled with religious wars, and hate...

Blind belief should be replaced with a reasonable one...

And all for the common good.

Peace through abolition of religion!

God willing...

Most wars are acutually about territory just often used as justifid by God, look at the former soviet unionwhen they went into afganistan, they were a secular country. Hitler alledgedly used occult means for startegy but did not claim to be fighting in the name of our lord and the English response was for demoracy not in the name of God for example, the japaese did not attack america in the name of God either so there ar plenty of exapmples even in modern times of non religious attrocities.

Evolution remains a theory 150 years after darwin, do you really belive our incredible brains and imagination evolved from a single organism?

Mikeal what is it you wish to disuss more regarding the shifts in your mind?

God transforms us from within when we open our hearts to him
DusanS

Post by DusanS »

There are few things I would like to point out to those that still believe in "God creation", and not evolution:

1) why when man was created by God, thousands of years ago, was not on same level of inteligence, and development as he is today?

2) If he is created in "God image" why he never happen to see his creator, but just number of humans self described as mesiahs?

3) Why we have to see actual "God" only when we die?

4) If we are going to "burn in hell" how we are going to feel the pain? since only body can actually feel the pain, and when body is gone, six feet under, how can ghostly soul feel the pain? or pleasure of paradise for that matter?

5) If there is no such thing as evolution, why are we still evolving?

6) Did God, when he created us, did he imagined us with blackberry, computers, cell phones, cars, airplanes, and if he did imagined us with all those gadgets, why he did not created them in first place, but let us wear robes, and let us wipe our asses with corn kobs for centuries, maybe he was testing us?

to make sure we are ready for blackberry?

7) Which God is real one?

8) Whose nation is chosen one, and how to join into membership, and who decide whos religion is real, and whose is fake?

9) Since heart is just an organ in human body, how can person accept God, into that particullar organ?

etc, etc, etc...

We can live in ilusions, and fairy tales as much as we want, and that would make us feel really damn good, or we can live in true reality, and be miserable?

That is a real question...

And God given right to choose....

Maybe we could feel good without fate? "family values", morals without help of religion?

What a horrible assesment.....

No...

Religion needs our patronage
DusanS

Post by DusanS »

And you are absolutely right, some wars are not done in the name of religion, but majority has, think of Crusades, or Ottoman empire, which was extremely, very violent conversions of people, pogroms, masacres in Europe, or Austro-Hungarian empire, and their roman-catholic conversions in Dalmatia, Poland, and elsewhere...etc

Than examples set precedent for other ideological maniacs to wage wars for their own reasons...
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

War is basically the results of the absence of the fruit of Gods Spirit in the people and their leadership. If we were kind and patient, understanding and loving, gentle and longsuffering, there would be no war. But we are not this way , so we fight. Nations are forced to defend themselves. But now our " Tools of War", are much more powerful, and evil is more powerful in its fueling of War. I agree with the bible, in that man will destroy himself and this planet, if God does not intervene. We are sprialing toward this scene of total destruction.

I like the Hope that the bible gives, in that God willnot allow this.

I see no other Hope for Humanity, other than God. We cannot save ourselves;

We don't know how to.

Peace.
DusanS

Post by DusanS »

-WOW...."war is result of absence of the fruit of God's spirit"?

-I think throughout human history, and religious wars, and slaughter, we had PLENTY of God's spirits....since everything was done in name of God.

-Is there really such a thing as "evil" and "good"? or we are just being humans.

-Did bible really said that man will destroy himself and planet?

At those times, people while wearing robes, and lived in caves, do they really thought of planet destruction? they thought that planet was flat....

-Now acording to some, people writing the bible, were aware of round planet destruction, I guess by being hit by asteroid, or global warming, or nuclear holocaust?

People in those times, two thousand years ago, were aware of all that?

This is the whole point of this conversation, uncover the truth, and the truth is that you simply can not argue with some people who are blinded with fate.

To them, everything is true no matter how funny, because they have FATE.

And fate remains popullar even in this new century, now, how we are going to move toward religious reconsiliation, and peace in world, if we can't get fate out of people's minds?

Why is such a need for fate?

Is that a sign of insecurity?

Why can't we use power of our inteligence to achieve same things as fate, but at no one's expense?

We are now waiting for God to intervene?

To solve our stupidity?

"We are HIS creation", "in his image", so why should he intervene?

I mean, what is the point?

dragging the existence of human kind, on, and on, and on...until when?

And why?
freethinkingthuthseeker

Dusan in answer to your questions

1) why when man was created by God, thousands of years ago, was not on same level of inteligence, and development as he is today?

The Bible makes clear that after the fall of Adam who was originally immortal yet with free will, mankind became corrupted but retined Gods spirit of creativity. The new testament in contrast to the first shows development but even in moses time there was great wisdom ( as opposed to technological knowldege such as we have today). There are still pople today who live in remote areas completely untouched by modern ways although fewer than ever before but the earliest peoples also had economic, judical systems and culterul and family values throughout history. We still habe nomads today too so in what sense are we really more sophisicated than our ancestors? Perhaps a greater percentage of us have more knowledge than the average tribesperson of the past but that is all really

2) If he is created in "God image" why he never happen to see his creator, but just number of humans self described as mesiahs?

We will see our creator but not in this brief fleshlife

3) Why we have to see actual "God" only when we die? Becuse we can still have relationship with God now without seeing him and GOD wishes us to develop spiritually

4) If we are going to "burn in hell" how we are going to feel the pain? since only body can actually feel the pain, and when body is gone, six feet under, how can ghostly soul feel the pain? or pleasure of paradise for that matter?. Not all will be in hell but the spiritual understanding which I have from God means a burning frustration in our hearts at being lost and alone forever. When you ecxperience a big emotion for example either Joy or anger say can't you feell that you are bigger than the human body you inhabit?

5) If there is no such thing as evolution, why are we still evolving? In what way are we evolving? what new parts do we have?

6) Did God, when he created us, did he imagined us with blackberry, computers, cell phones, cars, airplanes, and if he did imagined us with all those gadgets, why he did not created them in first place, but let us wear robes, and let us wipe our asses with corn kobs for centuries, maybe he was testing us?

to make sure we are ready for blackberry?

I have no idea if Adam needed to clean his bum before the fall but people still wear robes today and the environment was perfectr before the fall. It is mans free will coupled with the gift of Gods spirituality and the corrupitive influences of the devils which has driven us to this "modern" word.

7) Which God is real one?

There is Only one God and the Bible contains his words for us but they are depper understood only with the Holy Spirit of God

8) Whose nation is chosen one, and how to join into membership, and who decide whos religion is real, and whose is fake?

Gods nation is the israelites but not the jewish people it id true followrs of Gods standards. Every individual chooses for themselves which religion is rel for them but the Bible is not religious it is a spiritual book of Truth

9) Since heart is just an organ in human body, how can person accept God, into that particullar organ?

etc, etc, etc...

Too pedantic your spiritual heart houses your emotions and soul

We can live in ilusions, and fairy tales as much as we want, and that would make us feel really damn good, or we can live in true reality, and be miserable?

My life is rich and happy with God but it is much more than belief. I have a Glorious relationship with God and am proteced so much from evil

That is a real question...

And God given right to choose....

Maybe we could feel good without fate? "family values", morals without help of religion?

What a horrible assesment.....

No...

Religion needs our patronage.

God doesn't need us, but he wants to save all of us and he would Love us to get to know him. evolution and science is as much a religion as some shurches, all mosques and most synagogs as well as the other pagan beliefs, bless you to know the Truth and to be hungry to recieve it
freethinkingthuthseeker

DusanS;1293185 wrote: -WOW...."war is result of absence of the fruit of God's spirit"?

-I think throughout human history, and religious wars, and slaughter, we had PLENTY of God's spirits....since everything was done in name of God.

Claiming to do sonething in the name of God is a long way from actually behaving with God Univerals laws, the devil is busy is this workd and thr Bible states that Stan can appear as A LIGHT and to beware of flasehoods. Nearly all wars in reality have been about Territory - property and selfish desires.

-Is there really such a thing as "evil" and "good"? or we are just being humans. Can rape, murder and child abuse ever be considered as morally Good? Come on!

-Did bible really said that man will destroy himself and planet? No where do you get that idea?

At those times, people while wearing robes, and lived in caves, do they really thought of planet destruction? they thought that planet was flat.... The bible tells from long ago that the earth is a Sphere - see Isaiah 40:22

It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,

And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,

Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,

And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

The word translated “circle” here is the Hebrew word chuwg which is also translated “circuit,” or “compass” (depending on the context). That is, it indicates something spherical, rounded, or arched—not something that is flat or square.

-Now acording to some, people writing the bible, were aware of round planet destruction, I guess by being hit by asteroid, or global warming, or nuclear holocaust?

People in those times, two thousand years ago, were aware of all that? Daniel and Revelations are deep books but the nature of this eternities end times are about detruction through war fire famine and pesilence but a great deal will be spiritual

This is the whole point of this conversation, uncover the truth, and the truth is that you simply can not argue with some people who are blinded with fate.

To them, everything is true no matter how funny, because they have FATE.

And fate remains popullar even in this new century, now, how we are going to move toward religious reconsiliation, and peace in world, if we can't get fate out of people's minds?

Why is such a need for fate? Fate is a human idea not from the bible, we have free will

Is that a sign of insecurity? no the Truth sets you free

Why can't we use power of our inteligence to achieve same things as fate, but at no one's expense? Becuase people cannot do anything truely amazing with God

We are now waiting for God to intervene? Why wait live now in God's Glory

To solve our stupidity?

You have one life to live so live it in peace and Love

And why?

To Join God forever
DusanS

Post by DusanS »

"The truth will set me free"?

I am free already, but not free enough....

you know what sets man free?

Freedom from dependence on adictives, such as smoking, drinking, gambling, that is a first stage in achieving freedom, after you reach the point where you can see days go by, without having any urge to do something that you "must do", you then practice meditation, second stage, elevate mind over body, and float above, achivement of mental stability...

Third and final stage is abolition of religion, abolition of goverment, and abolition of private property.

To complete third stage in that achivement of ultimate freedom of human kind, it can not be done over night, religion in particullar becomes more desirable, and popular if it is forbidden, humans has tendency to do everything oposite of what is forbidden, it must be done by creation of one world religion, and one world goverment, first, and then abolish both institutions, and leave just judiciary form of goverment to rule over people.

If you know how can truth set you free, instead of ideological, and biblical theocracy, you should choose this form of real life solution in achieving ultimate, of all freedoms.

You of all people that comes from England, suppose to know about Scottish rite of freemasonry, study, and you will see light, enlightement of path to real freedom, and you will see only if you can handle the truth...

But don't get too close to masonic rites, since they too, like atheists are under system of believs, and dogmas, after study of masons, you should turn to Tibetan, and Chinese form of Zen meditation, I believe that combination of those two can take me to path of freedom.

With expansion of your mind, you will see that bible provide just 5% of knowledge and inspiration necessary to advance further in vast fields of human inteligence, and spirituality....

Human brain contains only 10% of spiritual, and intelligence that made us what we are today, everything else is from animal world, so I believe that since we, as species are only one on this planet with that capacity, and seeing saucer like dravings inside caves inhabited by cave men, maybe we are visited by some third kind long time ago in pre-historic times, and got that gift.

Now with all this spirituality, given to us, we need to chanel that curse, or "gift" into self improvement, not religious craziness.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

DusanS;1293185 wrote: -

Why can't we use power of our inteligence to achieve same things as fate, but at no one's expense?

We are now waiting for God to intervene?

To solve our stupidity?

And why?

Human intelligence, left to itself, can only result in what we have already seen in history. I see nothing encouraging, as long as we are devoid of God. I don't care how long God allows this to drag on, when he gives us all eternal life in peace, all these years of suffering will be worth that. Its the deal of the century, I'll take that any day. No amount of human frustration with how God is doing this, is worth me sweating this and getting frustrated over it. And I certainly am not going to waste my time trying to convince others of this great hope in God. People are going to think and believe whatever they want to.

I trust in God, there are no humans worth trusting in. We can only go as far as we have gone, and no futher.

God has to take us into eternity.

And hes going to do that, no matter how much we cannot see it.

Peace.
DusanS

Post by DusanS »

"Waiting for "God" to take us to eternity..."?

It is like waiting for bus, everybody is waiting, no one knows destination, no one ever seen the bus, no one knows where it is, no one knows where is the bus stop, or how bus looks like, BUT we are WAITING for that "bus", to take us to some "beautiful place", we don't know what place, or where, but it is VERY BEAUTIFUL, and we don't know when, but SOON, and bus is BEAUTIFUL BUS, and we must deserve to ride such a bus, wow....

And, we are still waiting....

"Paradise", and "Eternity" are atractive proposals, and we are still waiting for someone to come off bus, and tell us how it's like,

chapter of human history continues... captain log...majority of people still believe...

No need to convince, we them, them us...

No hope for peace...

Year of 2010.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

DusanS;1293334 wrote: "Waiting for "God" to take us to eternity..."?

It is like waiting for bus, everybody is waiting, no one knows destination, no one ever seen the bus, no one knows where it is, no one knows where is the bus stop, or how bus looks like, BUT we are WAITING for that "bus", to take us to some "beautiful place", we don't know what place, or where, but it is VERY BEAUTIFUL, and we don't know when, but SOON, and bus is BEAUTIFUL BUS, and we must deserve to ride such a bus, wow....

And, we are still waiting....

"Paradise", and "Eternity" are atractive proposals, and we are still waiting for someone to come off bus, and tell us how it's like,

chapter of human history continues... captain log...majority of people still believe...

No need to convince, we them, them us...

No hope for peace...

Year of 2010.

I know it can be frustrating, this belief. I get frustrated myself with how God has chosen to do things. Thats why many don't believe it, and I understand that. Really, it makes little difference, either God is real, or he is not, we are going to die anyway. Its basically a matter of what one chooses to believe. The bible has constructed some sense as to why we are here to me, nothingelse has. So I lean toward its Hope in our future, I don't see that Hope in anythingelse.

I desire more than to just live and die, I sense theres more than that. But nothing I can do, or anyonelse, can change our destiny with death. We all have a date with it.

But I have examined Life, its greatness, its awe inspiring reality, and I think we are destined to be with the God who created it.

Peace.
DusanS

Post by DusanS »

Yes, I know, we all desire more than just to live, and die, and we all hope that there must be something more than that, but as we are part of nature, and we all share same desire with other species, maybe flowers too, and animals, birds, maybe we all on this planet desire not just to live, and die, but yet, we all do just that, we live, and die, and of course some of us hope and believe in life after death, what ever makes us happy.

We are part of great circle of life, all living creatures, we watch them being born, and die.... one day we too will sucumb to death, and our bodies will be recycled by maggots, and worms, like everything else on this planet.

Don't get me wrong, we must believe that we are going to a "better place" otherwise we would go crazy, none of this would make any sense...

If people would not believe, there would be no reason to wake up in the morning and go to work, or to do anything for that matter, we would just sit home clueless as to what to do with this little period that we have to live.

Life in reality is miserable life, once you see the big picture, you realize that there is no point to anything, and we are just here to multiply, extend our speices, with new off spring, raise them, and die.

That is pretty dark reality, but reality it is, that we are facing, we who not believe.

Therefore, belief and faith, hope, and worship are very important for our sanity, since we are very spiritual, and intelligent beigns...

Can't imagine life without it.

We need to give some meaning to otherwise meaningless life, and existence.

Faith yes, but religion must be redone into something common for everybody, so we could avoid wars in future.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

DusanS;1293459 wrote: Yes, I know, we all desire more than just to live, and die, and we all hope that there must be something more than that, but as we are part of nature, and we all share same desire with other species, maybe flowers too, and animals, birds, maybe we all on this planet desire not just to live, and die, but yet, we all do just that, we live, and die, and of course some of us hope and believe in life after death, what ever makes us happy.

We are part of great circle of life, all living creatures, we watch them being born, and die.... one day we too will sucumb to death, and our bodies will be recycled by maggots, and worms, like everything else on this planet.

Don't get me wrong, we must believe that we are going to a "better place" otherwise we would go crazy, none of this would make any sense...

If people would not believe, there would be no reason to wake up in the morning and go to work, or to do anything for that matter, we would just sit home clueless as to what to do with this little period that we have to live.

Life in reality is miserable life, once you see the big picture, you realize that there is no point to anything, and we are just here to multiply, extend our speices, with new off spring, raise them, and die.

That is pretty dark reality, but reality it is, that we are facing, we who not believe.

Therefore, belief and faith, hope, and worship are very important for our sanity, since we are very spiritual, and intelligent beigns...

Can't imagine life without it.

We need to give some meaning to otherwise meaningless life, and existence.

Faith yes, but religion must be redone into something common for everybody, so we could avoid wars in future.

I understand and I agree with you.

Peace.
freethinkingthuthseeker

Dusan, how can you believe in Buddism?

We are much more than the sum of our human physical body parts. We will be resuurected when Jeus Gloriously returns to earth and I believe it will be within the next 40 years so I pray you are ready.

I do not have a fantasy relationshipwith God but a real two way communion.

Budhism and Atheism are both religions, and false from satan who is as real as God,

I have a truely rich and amazing life now and am treuly blessed.

When the Holy spirit comes upon me it is the most powerful amazing loving experience imaginable.

+Everything creative comes from our Lord and is only corrupupted through evil.

Make no mistake, the devil is out to steal your everlasting life with God and is the father of lies.

I strongly recommend a book called ?" I belive in the downfall of satan" by Micheal Green and also a documentary called "To hell and back" freee to watch online through TNB.org's vidoe archieves or on TVshacks documentary section.

As for the freemasons, nothing from God is secretive enough said!

Bless you in Jesus name
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I am often set back by the real and expericened thoughts of others concerning God and reality. I never try to tell others how to think and perceive this. I never try to " Save them", because I know and understand that Christ death has already accomplished this. There is absolutely no pressure in me to convince others of the Hope that is in God. God started this, he must then finish it.

Jesus said on his dying cross, that " It is Finished", he meant that the complette total salvation of all of created humanity was taken care of, even though countless believers in him, do not believe that. And unbelievers do not believe it.

Its " Finished". We all will survive. We will survive death, unbelief, evil, sin, lust and envy, wars and desolation. We will survive the deception of religion, and our own ignorance.

Its a finished thing. And once a human mind can comprehend that, no sarcasm about life and why life, no doubt, no arrogance, no skeptical mentality, will invade you and grip you.

You will know that there is a finished work in God. And the comfort of that is peaceful.

Peace.
freethinkingthuthseeker

Oh Mikael, I feel for you really, Bless you.

If you know God what mission has he for you???

What does Jesus say to Matthew in his last words to Matthew? Spread the Gospel to all! Think and ask God to show you truth in Jesus name
DusanS

Post by DusanS »

You people put emphasis too much on Jesus, don't you realize that there are other religions in the world?

What about billion Chinese, or another billion or so of muslims, then we have Jews, and natives, then Indians, are all those people condemned to hell because they don't believe in Jesus?

For the sake of GOD, you must stop!

There are people out there, you know, that have truly rich and amazing life too, even though they don't have "relationship" with God...

Open mind people, keep open mind, the same way you are too passionate in your beliefs, there are people out there that are as equally passionate in just believing in themselves, and nothing else.

Theocracy needs democracy...
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

freethinkingthuthseeker;1293640 wrote: Oh Mikael, I feel for you really, Bless you.

If you know God what mission has he for you???

What does Jesus say to Matthew in his last words to Matthew? Spread the Gospel to all! Think and ask God to show you truth in Jesus name

I do not know God , and he has no mission for me. I think it would be quite something to know God, I have always wanted to know him, but its just not now for me. I can't force God to introduce himself to me, and I refuse to tell lies that I do know him, like many people do.

The calling of God has passed me by, he wants me in the darkness, and I will stay there until he releases me.

Peace.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Funny thing about me, I've been a Christian, and a devout one, all my life. Yet... until this morning, I had never read a single word in the Bible. (I watched "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "The Ten Commandments" twenty times each though! Does that count?)

I went to church constantly when I was younger, so I had almost all of it read to me at one point or another, but I had never read it myself until this morning. My wife got a copy of the "Modern" King James Version (rewritten to keep the spirit, but made to be easier and coherent to read in modern slang.)

I must say I am finding it fascinating. Just the story of Noah is much more different than I thought, with many more nuances than the basic story itself. One thing I noticed right away, God was much more unforgiving in the old times. He's get mad and just wipe out whole peoples right and left! I was also fascinated by the lifespans of Noah and his contemporaries. The Bible has Noah living over 600 years! I plan to read the whole thing through word by word during the next couple of weeks, but sheesh! The Book's huge!
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Mickiel;1293773 wrote: I do not know God , and he has no mission for me.

On the contrary, everyone has a mission from God, perhaps yours is just not as easily identifiable. For one thing, you convinced me to read the Bible! how's that for a mission?

I think it would be quite something to know God, I have always wanted to know him, but its just not now for me. I can't force God to introduce himself to me, and I refuse to tell lies that I do know him, like many people do.

Actually, God doesn't just walk up to people on the street and introduce himself anymore. (Seems like he used to, though!) But you still meet Him everyday in subtle, strange ways. Like when you wish something good would happen and that very thing happens right then, or when you hum a song, then turn on the radio and that song in on at the same time in the exact place you were!

The calling of God has passed me by, he wants me in the darkness, and I will stay there until he releases me. Peace.

Well join the club Mr. Self-Pity! None of us knows the True Path that we trod, or God's Ultimate Plan! Absolutely. Like the threads in a great tapestry, you and I cannot know our actual purpose or the repercussions of everything we do each day. We are too small, and too close to the other threads to see the big picture. But the beauty of the mathematics of Creation suggests that there is a very beautiful picture and a very clear purpose.

Let me put it this way. When you throw a stone into the water, you make ripples. When hundreds of stones are thrown, the ripples cross and recross making fantastic patterns. These patterns are just like our lives. You help a little old lady across the street today. Because of that, she doesn't get hit by a car. She now has a child. That child grows up to invent a cure for cancer. Without your individual purpose of helping her across the street, her son could never realize his individual purpose of inventing a cancer cure.

It's a wonderful life, eh?:-6

Return to “General Religious Discussions”