Religion is bad for your health,

capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

I believe that anyone that needs religion in their lives is missing out on something in life.
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

the wonderful thing about being human is that you're free to make that choice for yourself. and others are free to choose differently.

i believe that anyone who feels they need oxygen is missing out on all that nitrogen out there.

:D
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

anastrophe wrote: the wonderful thing about being human is that you're free to make that choice for yourself. and others are free to choose differently.

i believe that anyone who feels they need oxygen is missing out on all that nitrogen out there.

:D

True. But I was on about RELIGION. It seems Americans will believe in anything they are told about angels,Gods or whatever. Like some so called Christians would say,like lambs let astray.

Religion is Bad for your health - If you Live in Northern Ireland. :-5
Pearl Harbor

Post by Pearl Harbor »

Actually, this has been proven not to be the case countless times by the Scientific Community.

By the way, what do you believe in? If you view yourself as a humanist (god), how did you get this universe so darn big!
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

off topic - i keep noticing this google ad up top that's nothing but question marks. i'm afraid to click on it!
Pearl Harbor

Post by Pearl Harbor »

I haven't seen that ad yet. What / where does it take you to?
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

Pearl Harbor wrote: I haven't seen that ad yet. What / where does it take you to?
i don't know - i haven't clicked on it!
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

capt_buzzard wrote: I believe that anyone that needs religion in their lives is missing out on something in life.

I think it adds something wonderful. I was a cynical, non-practicing, yet classically trained "Christian" for many many years. It took me a long time to "get it". I'm glad I did!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

jayboy wrote: :rolleyes: At one time or another, during life’s cycle, appears a situation that really delivers stress and depression, perhaps even hopelessness to a being. During these times when one believes they can not continue with out the lost value, is when real faith enters. If one truly believes in their faith and the supreme, being, they have a companion of much greater strength to walk with and lean on. If one will notice, the ethnicity’s with the more difficult struggles, seem to have the most faith. Because their lives are frequently empty they call the Master more often and thereby have a better relationship with him/her and survive.

I have little respect for Clerics but a relationship with the Creator stronger than when I was practicing according to a specific religion. Although, recently we, he and I, have been having some harsh words, and I know, at times I must tick him off, he has been my strength and I believe the reason I survive. The more difficult the struggle the more beneficial the faith.

I don’t for a nano second believe the Creator is personally watching us every second of our lives but we are in his/her image and he/she has placed his/her spirit in our subconscious minds to call up if we choose. :-6

His image,more like IT's image.Since when did this It become Human?
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Oh I cannot believe that. Hollywood the Passion of the Christ. Hollywood as its best. :-5
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Most of the Christian Churches of the US got it from Europe in the first place. Handed down from Rome via that monk Martin Luther. And I would not trust anything that came via Rome.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Because for many many years we were brainwashed by a crooked church. Religion was our breakfast,dinner and supper. Many of our friends were abused by this church in Irish state/catholic church run institutions. The Power of Religion in this country has turned many in their thousands away from any God they may have believed in. As for me Yes I'm 100% Irish and not very proud of this country we call Ireland. I don't have any religion.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Jayboy,

I still have not kissed that Blarney Stone. Most Irish do not. Its a tourist thinga me ging.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”