The fear of this site being religious

gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1494862 wrote: Let Four part know

Let four part know what? I asked why did you believe in god to whom does the quote belong. If it's yours it's not much of an answer, if it's not yours it's still not much of an answer. Still if it's what you want to believe that's your decision it's hardly going to convince anybody else though is it.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1494866 wrote: Let four part know what? I asked why did you believe in god to whom does the quote belong. If it's yours it's not much of an answer, if it's not yours it's still not much of an answer. Still if it's what you want to believe that's your decision it's hardly going to convince anybody else though is it.

You did the same thing he did , you decided to focus on the only thing I did not say, and ignored what I did say. Such is your way.

And I could care less who is convinced.
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by mickiel

You did the same thing he did , you decided to focus on the only thing I did not say, and ignored what I did say. Such is your way.

So who is this person writing on your posts and what does he want four part to know?

And I could care less who is convinced.

Convinced about what? I asked why did you believe in god, "I just do" is a good enough answer if that's your reason but clearly further discussion on the matter is a bit pointless since it's not actually a reason likely to satisfy anyone else which begs the question why post on a discussion forum. If you can't explain your reason for believing something I would posit the belief is one you have never really considered and you are just repeating what you have been taught. If it annoys you that you cannot convince other people it rather suggest your inability to put a convincing argument is evidence of niggling doubts about what you believe. To go back to my earlier analogy maybe you've twigged that there is something you are missing.

If you don't want to discuss anything about religion please say so and i will leave you to you intellectual self abuse. Atheists incidentally don't spend lot of time discussing discussing religion - I don't believe in god - neither do I. That tends to be it basically. On the other hand discussion about what the religious are up to and how protect our hard won freedoms from a resurgent religious establishment is never ending.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1494868 wrote: posted by mickiel

So who is this person writing on your posts and what does he want four part to know?

Deceiver, you are the person who wrote that.
gmc

Post by gmc »

OK now I'm satisfied my opinion was correct I shall go back to ignoring your posts. There aren't really any religiious threads on tbhis forum just random religiouspeople talkling to themselves.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1494896 wrote: OK now I'm satisfied my opinion was correct I shall go back to ignoring your posts. There aren't really any religiious threads on tbhis forum just random religiouspeople talkling to themselves.

Well good, less deception will be on thread.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

The fear of this site being perceived as a religious site , is really unfounded; it has a religious section in it, it is not surrounded by religious threads. It just has a religious presence. But it also has a lot of Atheist who are insecure with the site. So they magnify the religious threat. Because they don't favor any presence from religion.What would they do without religion?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Mickiel;1494864 wrote: How fittingly strange, the four words you decide to harp on, were not written or spoken by me.

What I posted was a direct quote from yourself. It IS what you said, or at ieast it IS what someone using your login said. When you use "Reply With Quote" it leaves anything other than the original post intact - or are you implying that I somehow edited the post that is clearly there for all to see?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1494917 wrote: What I posted was a direct quote from yourself. It IS what you said, or at ieast it IS what someone using your login said. When you use "Reply With Quote" it leaves anything other than the original post intact - or are you implying that I somehow edited the post that is clearly there for all to see?

GMC wrote that and edited it out, and I could care less if you believe it.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Honesty in a thread is not a Theist or Atheist thing, it should be a human thing.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1494918 wrote: GMC wrote that and edited it out, and I could care less if you believe it.

That is a serious accusation I would request that the moderatoras have a look at who actually posted what and take action accordingly. Though I'm not sure it's actually worth their time.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1494861 wrote: [psted by mickiel

Now tell how how is anyone supposed to work that one ouit from this.

you come across as a theist working out that maybe there is no god after all andare in fact on your way to being an agnostic of one kind or another. Now let's go to the next step. Why do you believe in god? Enlighten us all with your wisdom. That's assuming you actually do have a reason for believing. Blind faith is not really proof nom matter how cinconved you are.

posted by four part

I confess I've started a few usually because I am annoyed at something the unco guid arev up to.

Why should I lie about it, this is part of that original thread.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Simple question - just how is GMC supposed to have access to your posts. The part I posted was a direct quote from YOUR post, not from any other post which may or may not have contained a quote, edited or otherwise. If you are accusing someone of hacking your posts on here I suggest you take it up with the moderators or apologise for your libeling GMC.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1494942 wrote: Simple question - just how is GMC supposed to have access to your posts. The part I posted was a direct quote from YOUR post, not from any other post which may or may not have contained a quote, edited or otherwise. If you are accusing someone of hacking your posts on here I suggest you take it up with the moderators or apologise for your libeling GMC.

I really don't care enough about it; I just know I did not write it; and whoever did, is remaining silent. I think its GMC.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Mickiel;1494918 wrote: GMC wrote that and edited it out, and I could care less if you believe it.

If you say you could care less, it means you're caring somewhat. You might as well say; I could care more, because you more or less are caught in the middle. If you said you couldn't care less, then it means that you don't care at all about the issue.

If you asked me, I'd say I couldn't care less about what you mean, really.:p
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

You have basically made an unsubstantiated accusation. My quote came from one of YOUR posts, not from a quote by someone else. The original post is still there for all to see. The only ones who might have the ability to edit posts are the moderators, and to the best of my knowledge, GMC is not one of them (or I could be wrong there).

Not only have you been demonstrated to be irrational, you have been proven to be a libelous liar.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Fuzzy;1494962 wrote: If you say you could care less, it means you're caring somewhat. You might as well say; I could care more, because you more or less are caught in the middle. If you said you couldn't care less, then it means that you don't care at all about the issue.

If you asked me, I'd say I couldn't care less about what you mean, really.:p

Well when you know you did not write something, you don't care about the desperation to make you guilty. Not that it was a terrible thing to write, for whoever wrote it; it was not. But I think its interesting how such a thing has taken away from the thread topic, as if certain people desired that end. Fear of the topic was misdirected skillfully.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Religion has done a serious con job on this world, but it believes the con itself. That's one reason it produces so much fear, on both sides of the coin; fear even in its own people. Religion also produces fanatic's , and they produce fear in people. One of the worse fanatic's is the one who does not even know they are one. Or the fanatic who recognizes the fanatic, and now we have two.

I think its all scripted; I really do. Fear has been pasted on this world.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

And fear of religion has been pasted on many sites on the internet. Some people think I use the wrong term by saying " Fear;" but no, fear is an unpleasant often strong emotion caused by expectation or awareness of danger. Tell me religion does not cause that. Its anxious concern; alarm! And I think it will cause the next world war!

Religion has been ruined by man.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Religion is evil. It is not something to be feared, but confronted.

"I shall fear no evil" - Sound familiar?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1495410 wrote: Religion is evil. It is not something to be feared, but confronted.

"I shall fear no evil" - Sound familiar?

Religion and Atheism are evil. And its the people who make them that way.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1495416 wrote: Religion and Atheism are evil. And its the people who make them that way.

neither group can rightly call the other group evil, because of the beam in their own groups eyes. If you give an evil person a belief system, they will pervert that system and put evil into it. There are good Atheist and Theist, and they place good things into the equation; its just not enough of them.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Mickiel;1495417 wrote: neither group can rightly call the other group evil, because of the beam in their own groups eyes. If you give an evil person a belief system, they will pervert that system and put evil into it. There are good Atheist and Theist, and they place good things into the equation; its just not enough of them.

Too damn'd true - and I use the damn'd advisedly.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

We have a tendency to protect and shield our own, and we do that with our belief systems. Where we go wrong with that " Right tendency", is that we protect the faults in our systems, and those kinks don't ever get worked out, they compound. Then they grow into monsters, Frankenstein monsters of our creation. They grow too strong to kill, and they start feeding on their creators.

Theism verses Atheism is the classic monster battle; yet Atheism is holding its own against the much larger stronger monster. Still, Atheism holds the same faults, they cannot see the monster in their ranks, they adopted the " Holier than thou" attitude of Theism; thinking they can do no wrong.

I think religion has become an infection, and Atheist see that infection, and they themselves are free from it. But Atheism is not powerful enough, within itself, to plug the giant hole religion has dug into humanity; and I know some Atheist are very frustrated with that; thus this " Over - protective" approach toward a website that Atheist frequent. They desire to keep the site " Pure', shall we say.

Really its a dual kindred nature in this most interesting battle; both sides see evil in the other side and want it extinguished. Both completely blind to the good in each other, now its a survival of the fittest. If Atheism had the " World approval" that religion has, had the membership that religion holds, the world would be a far different place. Yet evil would still exist, because evil is neither Theist or Atheist;

It just is!
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Atheists are perfectly content to remain so. It's only when someone comes along shouting about the existence of some imaginary God, and accusing Atheism as being a false Religion in itself that gets everyone's backs up.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

FourPart;1495002 wrote: You have basically made an unsubstantiated accusation. My quote came from one of YOUR posts, not from a quote by someone else. The original post is still there for all to see. The only ones who might have the ability to edit posts are the moderators, and to the best of my knowledge, GMC is not one of them (or I could be wrong there).

Not only have you been demonstrated to be irrational, you have been proven to be a libelous liar.

FourPart, can you find that post again and quote the number of the post (it's in the top right hand of the applicable post, in yellow print on a green band). I'm sure members would like to read it, I know I would ! But there are over 70 posts to have to plough through and it would save a lot of time. Many thanks !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
gmc

Post by gmc »

G#Gill;1495792 wrote: FourPart, can you find that post again and quote the number of the post (it's in the top right hand of the applicable post, in yellow print on a green band). I'm sure members would like to read it, I know I would ! But there are over 70 posts to have to plough through and it would save a lot of time. Many thanks !

If four part will excuse me answer It starts at post 47 if you want to read the whole thing but post 59 is where he accuses me of editing his posts. Make of it what you will.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Thanks - saves me a trawl.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1495779 wrote: Atheists are perfectly content to remain so. It's only when someone comes along shouting about the existence of some imaginary God, and accusing Atheism as being a false Religion in itself that gets everyone's backs up.

I myself do not view God as imaginary, I think a God is a logical explanation to the mystery of life. And people coming along and shouting that God is imaginary, does not get my back all riled up. Atheism is not a religion, its just anti theism. Just the flip side of a two edged sword. Both of which has cut into humanity. Most Theist are content to remain so. But some of us Theist are going steps beyond traditional religion, because we see science in God, logic in him; mystery in him, theory in him; reason in God; answer to serious questions can be found in him.

And it matters not to me who cannot see this. I don't even know where the boat I am in is going, so what others think about how I see this life, is meaningless to me. Because how Atheist see it is just as meaningless to me; and how religion sees it is meaningless to me.

I am content in walking alone in my view, because I trust none other. If I go somewhere wrong in life, I have none to blame but myself. And I like it that way. I have no fear of God being real; I see no other reasonable possibility. The way I see it, this God has constructed a wall; a barrier to understanding him and his existence.

But one day he is going to remove that barrier, and we are going to see things we could never imagine; so all most men can do now, is imagine God anyway. Or ignore him. Two sides of one coin, in my view.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I played a whole lot of sports when I was coming up through schools. One of the ways we tried to intimidate other teams was by talking trash to them. One of the ways some people try to intimidate religion is by talking trash about it. Its just natural human nature. One of the reasons we talked trash, is because we were really afraid of the other team

That's one reason why some trash talk religion, its because they are scared of it; they inwardly fear it.

The giant sleeping monster may awake and become even more powerful than they already are in the human consciousness. And that is even another reason to taunt the opposition; jealousy of their talent, ( or power). You don't like them, because they are liked so much by others!

Its the obvious track of tears; the stain anyone should be able to see and read. Human reaction.

One of the fears of religion is human emotions. Religion has swayed millions of human emotions. Its simply stunning the effect they have had creating the tracks of our tears.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Simple question. How often do you get forums / threads dedicated to promoting Atheism compared to how many forums / threads do you get dedicated to promoting Religion. It is the Theists who start to do the Trash Talking, as you put it. It's the Atheists who are not prepared to stand meekly by & take it. The evidence speaks for itself. Just look to see the content of the initial posts of these threads. They are 99% Pro Religion.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1495980 wrote:

. Just look to see the content of the initial posts of these threads. They are 99% Pro Religion.

And why shouldn't they be? Explain to me why threads in a religious section should not be pro religious?

No, your mind is anti-religion; you cannot see anything positive in religion ; your unconscious of that. Your mind is 100 percent negative of religion. You can't even see that the 99% pro religion, in a religious section, is normal. Its another language that you cannot read; its not in your diet; its an affront to you.

From your point of view, its normal to see what you mention above; I mean its your eyesight; its the way your supposed to see. Its not apples and oranges, with you its just not!

Its not supposed to be there; so its not really there. Its nothing there. Just like how you view the beginning of reality; it came from nothing, because it was nothing there.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Mickiel;1495997 wrote: And why shouldn't they be? Explain to me why threads in a religious section should not be pro religious?

That's my point. How many anti-Religious sections do you see?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1496007 wrote: That's my point. How many anti-Religious sections do you see?

How many should there be? I mean if you want one, I think you have the ability and know how to establish one; why haven't you?

I am anti-religious myself; yet different from you, I can see the good in religion, and I can see the positive benefits it has had on humanity; yet I can see the utter evil it has spread. I am not blind sided, or one sided, I can see the whole picture.

When a human cannot see the whole picture, fear is born from that.
Ted

Post by Ted »

"Christianity After Religion" by Diana Butler-Bass.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1496020 wrote: "Christianity After Religion" by Diana Butler-Bass.

Would you care to give us a short summary of what the book is saying?

I mean I think that may have a better effect than just posting its title.

Explain yourself; and your meaning.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

The fear of this site being perceived as religious , is a very real dynamic here ; I can see its roots and its growth caused by the roots. The root is the thinking ; the human consciousness expressing itself. The comments in this thread and others. You can see the fear , like a cloud looming over a place. And the people, not wanting it to rain.

Because religion is a rain , it has poured down on the human consciousness and gotten everyone wet in some kind of way.

And many people here want the place to remain dry.

So they contend with the rainmakers.

Or they come out with their dryers and try to take away the wet. Try to alter the human consciousness.

They are concerned with " Image", they don't want people to think this place is wet. They want to give the illusion that it does not rain here.

They want this to be a dry place; a place to come to get out of the rain;

a place of safety. I can see this.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Religion; the rain on humanity.

Throughout history much of humanity has wanted to go out side in the rain.

Let it rain.

Like the blind leading the blind

into the rain.

Oh how good it feels, it washes away our sins

so let it rain

This has been the great seduction of humanity , its a living testament that we can be wet suckers. Made to ingest poison, and taught to enjoy it's fatal process.

Let it rain.

What I have discovered is that the rain was destined; literally a part of nature; unstoppable , unavoidable in history.

Its going to rain. And we can't stop it. We can't control that kind of destiny. It is far stronger than we.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

More like a constant flood.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1496051 wrote: More like a constant flood.

Well I would agree with that, it has been like a constant flood ; a perpetual influence , a constant heavy downpour. That's WHY I view it as senseless to try and think as if it does not exist, or has no meaning, or can be extinguished; or even reduced in a people on an open website.

Hey this is no water leak that can be fixed with a wrench or plugged in a pipe. This stuff is fixated within the human consciousness, a very powerful seduction of the human mind; so powerful, no humans could have started it. Because its greater than humanity.

Listen to that phrase, " Greater than."

I don't believe things " Lesser than", can create " Greater than." Not me, I just don't. I don't believe a black hole in space can vomit out this great expanse we know as the universe. I don't believe explosions in nothing can create something. I don't see it. I don't see conscious life coming from unconscious self creating matter.

I don't see an army off 10 defeating an army of 10,000 ; its against the principle of " Greater than."

Which is why I believe something greater than man exist in the universe. The people who try to mate us with unspeaking apes, fail to see we are greater than the apes. And they think that we are continuous with the idiot bloodline of these unspeaking monkeys.

This apenoid foolishness has rained on humanity and you wonder why religion's rain has been so constant; because we have been conditioned to soak in any kind of rain.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

The surface area is far greater than that of a needle. All it takes is one little prick...
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Religion has been the muddy rain, but it still has caused things to grow within humanity; both good and evil, just like the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; religion was created by that tree.

Remember that. It all ties in.

You have to think with me.

When the root system is both good and evil, everything that grows from it will be the same; we all are the children of Adam and Eve; were just like them.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

The tree of knowledge is merely a metaphor for a couple of kids entering puberty & beginning to ask questions about their bodies. As with any kids, once they start asking questions they're never satisfied. Nothing Religious about it.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1496068 wrote: The tree of knowledge is merely a metaphor for a couple of kids entering puberty & beginning to ask questions about their bodies. As with any kids, once they start asking questions they're never satisfied. Nothing Religious about it.

I totally disagree; the tree of knowledge was an event in the beginning of the history of Adams Children, an event that fused their generate with a consciousness of becoming aware of both what good and evil is, and having to live with it from then until now. Having to deal with both influences; and it was God who established this dynamic on earth. This is no child's fable, but it is also outside of the Atheist consciousness. And its outside of the religious conscious as well. In fact, this event created both Theist and Atheist. Its the flow that God wanted for the earth.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1496072 wrote: I totally disagree; the tree of knowledge was an event in the beginning of the history of Adams Children, an event that fused their generate with a consciousness of becoming aware of both what good and evil is, and having to live with it from then until now. Having to deal with both influences; and it was God who established this dynamic on earth. This is no child's fable, but it is also outside of the Atheist consciousness. And its outside of the religious conscious as well. In fact, this event created both Theist and Atheist. Its the flow that God wanted for the earth.

you do know adam and ece and tye garden of eden are a stone age fable with no basis in reality don't you?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1496083 wrote: you do know adam and ece and tye garden of eden are a stone age fable with no basis in reality don't you?

Are you trying to convince me or yourself, because I am already of one mind . I do not accept that human consciousness evolved from unconsciousness over a million years of time. I accept that human consciousness was a given, inserted in us by a conscious creator. I do not believe Adam and Eve were the first humans, but I do believe they were the first ones with full consciousness. I think the story that consciousness evolved from rocks and chemicals is a fable. In fact I view that as impossible.

But these scientific fables are more seductive than religious ones, because they carry more facts with them.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1496085 wrote: Are you trying to convince me or yourself, because I am already of one mind . I do not accept that human consciousness evolved from unconsciousness over a million years of time. I accept that human consciousness was a given, inserted in us by a conscious creator. I do not believe Adam and Eve were the first humans, but I do believe they were the first ones with full consciousness. I think the story that consciousness evolved from rocks and chemicals is a fable. In fact I view that as impossible.

But these scientific fables are more seductive than religious ones, because they carry more facts with them.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

The fear of being perceived as religious caused science to leave the church. Yes, science used to be an integral part of the church, but they grew tired of " Church dictated science", rebelled and that resulted in the scientific revolution. The bishop's wanted to make " Space and the universe religious", and science saw it differently.

This is one of the root fears of religion, they want to dictate everything; this partly helped create Atheism, a group of people decided they were not going to let religion dictate them; and that group grew. People here on this site, know the power of religion, and they don't want it to start dictating terms. Which religion will do if you let it.

But there is a better way to deal with religion, and I want to go into that.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Mickiel;1496085 wrote: I think the story that consciousness evolved from rocks and chemicals is a fable. In fact I view that as impossible.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 2:7

Me too.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1496111 wrote: And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 2:7

Me too.

You have made a serious error in understanding, that verse is describing a creation, not a self made evolution.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”